Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Re: In any fighting game, there will ALWAYS be somebody better than the next person!

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2013

Fred1023 wrote:

humanity...

How unfortunate that such an old species has developed humor as a conversation technique. Truly it's a tragedy that people can communicate entertainment through text. They should just ban books and reading everywhere...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 21 of 31 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

Re: In any fighting game, there will ALWAYS be somebody better than the next person!

Jan 27, 2013

Strife93 wrote:

How unfortunate that such an old species has developed humor as a conversation technique. Truly it's a tragedy that people can communicate entertainment through text. They should just ban books and reading everywhere...

We should ban all devices that can create words. Cell phones, computers, some house phones, videogames and their controllers, ETC. Or we could just make it easier on ourselfs and force everyone to have their eye's removed, so they can become "Daredevils".

Message 22 of 31 (118 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Jan 27, 2013

There will always be someone better, but there's not going to be a completely one sided match.  This game has tons of characters that if playing against someone else, it's completely one sided.  No chance.  Not going to win.  You better just quit now.

Message 23 of 31 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Jan 27, 2013

acursedone wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

We should ban all devices that can create words. Cell phones, computers, some house phones, videogames and their controllers, ETC. Or we could just make it easier on ourselfs and force everyone to have their eye's removed, so they can become "Daredevils".

I say we use these people to make clean energy. We take them and have them all manually spin the the wind turbines. Drop-out power!

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 24 of 31 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Jan 27, 2013
The way I see it is anyone can master any character and use them to crazy potential if their determined enough, and it's not just mastering a character in a fighting game it's also strategising as well, even if you're a great player and you fight another great player who happens to be playing as a character that's of a higher tier level with more tools and advantages you gotta make a plan before the fight even begins, even if you don't know if the opponent is good or not, you should never underestimate other players because then you'll be eating your hat if they beat you.

What I like to do is when a match begins online, I look at who my opponent(s) is and I make a plan and a backup plan in case something goes wrong, a good example in my case is Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, one of my main teams is Pheonix Wright, Rocket Racoon and Captain America, my game plan is to do what I can to get Pheonix Wright fully powered up and I usually have Captain America with a charging star assist and Rocket Racoon with a pendulem assist because they work well for catching opponents off guard also sending out Maya whether or not from a hyper combo can really save you and it's great for me to get my evidence to help me reach my goal but here's where my plan can branch off and why I'll make backup plans.

Scenario 1: Pheonix Wright happens to die before making it to turnabout, this is why I would always begin a match with this team set up like this. Pheonix Wright on point, Rocket Racoon is next for if Wright dies, and Captain America is my anchor because until I get Pheonix Wright powered up, Cap is my best character on the team and I am good enough with Rocket Racoon to hold my own, one thing I like to do if I'm going up against a Wesker player or something is to randomly send out a fire ball or two if I'm far enough away from him because most Wesker players really love to throw their hyper combos randomly as well but I found so many ways to stop it with each character, same goes for Vergil's since it works the same.

Scenario 2. Pheonix Wright turns out to have to be my last character, without turnabout mode or the evidence to get there, that's where Maya is my best friend because again, she can save you in such tough situations, she's guaranteed to stop Wesker and Vergil's hyper combos, then when I get my evidence and swap to the next mode I have the paperwork attack that is absolutely GODLIKE at stopping hypers and as well as the lasers you can shoot out of the evidence and several other ways that can help you land the OBJECTION and get to turnabout.

Scenerio 3. Same as scenario 2 except in a position where I'm fighting against a player who's using their character's mobility like a pro and is also really good strategy wise, that's the hardest situation for me so I'll just rely on what I have and if I'm lucky I may actually get to land an objection.

I've been in these situations plenty of times, scenario 2 and 3 more so though because having Pheonix Wright on your team is an investment but I was enough of a fan of the Ace Attorney series that I honestly didn't care.

Message 25 of 31 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Jan 27, 2013
Ewww... Cap as anchor? I can't even imagine not putting Cap on point.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 26 of 31 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
632 posts

Jan 27, 2013

I'd like to know other people's opinion on this.

Photobucket
Message 27 of 31 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3659 posts

Jan 27, 2013

Disturing looping signature makes me wet my thon- pants.

Message 28 of 31 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Jan 27, 2013

LikeRA1N wrote:

I'd like to know other people's opinion on this.

Is my reasoning not satisfactory?

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 29 of 31 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Jan 27, 2013
Lol something obvious that I keep forgetting,but this is really true Smiley Happy
Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Message 30 of 31 (54 Views)
0 Likes