Jan 27 2013
By: LikeRA1N Wastelander 632 posts

In any fighting game, there will ALWAYS be somebody better than the next person!

30 replies 356 views Edited Jan 27, 2013

Always!

You guys ever heard of the "Rock, Paper, Scissors" rule? Shall I explain how this work?

I'll use Brawl as an example because I'm assuming most of us are familiar with the series and my friends and I have been playing the game for over 4 years now.

In the Smash series, I've been maining Mario since Smash Bros. 64. With Mario, I can beat just about any opponent. Now there's a friend, let's call him Friend A, who can beat me with R.O.B. I usually can never win. But I have a Friend B who mains Toon Link and he literally makes Friend A's R.O.B. look like trash. But I always beat his Toon Link.

See what I'm getting at?

My Mario > Friend B's Toon Link > Friend A's R.O.B. > My Mario. The "Rock, Paper, Scissors" rule in full effect!

The same goes with fighting game players around the world in any series. Be it Street Fighter, Soul Calibur or PSASBR.

There will ALWAYS be someone better.

Thanks for reading! Smiley Happy

Photobucket
Message 1 of 31 (356 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14647 posts

Re: In any fighting game, there will ALWAYS be somebody better than the next person!

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2013

I brought this up in the other thread. It is partially true. In soccer, you can be the best goalie, but you may not be the best soccer player simply because you suck at being a forward. In All-Stars, you can be the best PaRappa, but you may not be the best player because there may be an amazing Kratos that dominates you and, therefore, is better than you.

However, there may be a Kratos that is equally AMAZING against EVERY character and is better than all the players behind said characters. He would be the best player. This is certainly possible, so your claim cannot be true without evidence proving he does not exist. Between me and a couple of my friends, I am the best player. Expand the quantity, there is still a best player among that larger group (not me probably lol). One that can beat all of the others.  IF there were an infinte number of players, sure, there would be no best player. But in the material world, there are no infinte quantities.

So, no, there is most likely a best player. It may just be incredibly difficult to find him/her. 

I just saw holes in the RPS theory, so I thought to point them out lol. I still think Rock-Paper-Scissors has fallacious reasoning. Rock>paper. So your theory has a wrong foundation! 

Go nit-picking! Smiley Tongue

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 2 of 31 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
574 posts

Re: In any fighting game, there will ALWAYS be somebody better than the next person!

Jan 27, 2013

Ok ok. idgaf

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Main: Toro
Other: Kratos, Parappa, Heihachi & Sly

English is not my main language, so im sorry about my mistakes.

Show your support for Gex as DLC!

Message 3 of 31 (328 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14647 posts

Jan 27, 2013

Fred1023 wrote:

Ok ok. idgaf

Yes you do. You thought it was worth a look and you even replied to it which means it was worth something to you. 

Man, I am in the debate mood Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 31 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
574 posts

kk

Jan 27, 2013

kk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Main: Toro
Other: Kratos, Parappa, Heihachi & Sly

English is not my main language, so im sorry about my mistakes.

Show your support for Gex as DLC!

Message 5 of 31 (303 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Jan 27, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

Fred1023 wrote:

Ok ok. idgaf

Yes you do. You thought it was worth a look and you even replied to it which means it was worth something to you. 

Would you say you're the "master-debater"?

WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 6 of 31 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14647 posts

Jan 27, 2013

Strife93 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Fred1023 wrote:

Ok ok. idgaf

A good debater, sure. But I am not, in my opinion, a "master." Depends on your idea of master, I guess.

Message 7 of 31 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Jan 27, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Fred1023 wrote:

Ok ok. idgaf

A good debater, sure. But I am not, in my opinion, a "master." Depends on your idea of master, I guess.

And now you're derailing my jokes... Smiley Sad

WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 8 of 31 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14647 posts

Jan 27, 2013

Strife93 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Fred1023 wrote:

Ok ok. idgaf

Shhhhhh....just let it happen Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 31 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Fred1023 wrote:

Ok ok. idgaf

Shhhhhh....just let it happen Smiley Tongue

Your mom let it happen. (Oh, jeez. What have I stooped to...?)

WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 10 of 31 (278 Views)
0 Likes