Message 11 of 17 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Re: In Defense to the Character Spammers Accusations

Jan 23, 2013

CatatonicAlex wrote:

canadaguylool wrote:
because of this buff, drake is nowhere near a spammer.

Not true. Some people still spam his gun loop. Might not be endless- but it's still an easy way to hit level 3. 

As someone mentioned earlier, the gun loop has been taken out entirely.  which is sad because I was thinking maybe they would add some cooldown to it instead of removing it. Doing the wall and running backward was a good option to get out of pressure IMO while commiting the opponent to block or roll away. Maybe it would require extra coding in some ways who knows.

Message 12 of 17 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Jan 23, 2013

GnomeWizard wrote:
People don't understand that not everybody has to use intricate combos to win.

And a perfect example to that would be SLy and Jak :-)

Message 13 of 17 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Fat_Slapper wrote:
I agree with the majority of the OP, but its walking backwards down a one way street. Spamming is spamming. In a 2v1 if both going opponents are gonna throw never ending grenade assaults on you while the other one melees you across the screen constantly, they are spamming noobs. If they do the same ap burst combo the entire the game they are a spamming noob. Nothing you can do about it but deal with it and suck up a loss. Other times it's easily punishable and you curb stomp and they rage quit.

I respectfully desagree...especially for the 'same ap burst combo' part. Remember the goal is to build enough meter to use your supers, why wouldnt you take the route that takes you there the fastest? if I drop my AP burst combos and start doing short fancy ones, I will end up sitting on the side watching two guys chasing down my partner. Sometimes in a 2v1 the opponents get carried away and start to mindlessly rushing you down, I know it's hard but you are lucky enough to be on a big stage you might be able to pull it off

Message 14 of 17 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
726 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

pmarc82 wrote:

Im going to come out and say this.. KRATOS is OP. Here is the reason why. He has a parry with a crumple effect for projectiles and a luncher for normal attacks (I think), doesn't seem to have any type of cool down on his square (3x) string,

THIS. THIS SO MUCH. The only thing that really bothers me is the 3x square loop . . . if you're caught blocking that and your char doesn't have a counter, there's NO escaping. You're either gonna be ejected away or combo'ed, one way or another. compare that to Dante's neutral square combo, and the difference is rediculous Yes, once Dante gets you in his square combo it's almost a garenteed AP burst if he knows what he's doing, but so is Kratos. Whereas Dante has to wait for the perfect opportunity and not miss his square combo or he's VERY easily punished, Kratos can just keep up that loop until you eject away or submit to that combo. it's rediculous.

1/6/2013 - Defeated the #1 player in the World in a Ranked Match.

Currently maining: Parappa

Future mains: Zeus, Issac
Message 15 of 17 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Jan 24, 2013
I don like or respect the word "spaimming" or it's variations because if you allow it to happen who is really to blame the person doing it or the people not trying to stop it? If you don't try to stop it then you shouldn't complain about there is a way to stop every type of "spam".
Message 16 of 17 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Jan 24, 2013

JayJXZ wrote:

pmarc82 wrote:

Im going to come out and say this.. KRATOS is OP. Here is the reason why. He has a parry with a crumple effect for projectiles and a luncher for normal attacks (I think), doesn't seem to have any type of cool down on his square (3x) string,

THIS. THIS SO MUCH. The only thing that really bothers me is the 3x square loop . . . if you're caught blocking that and your char doesn't have a counter, there's NO escaping. You're either gonna be ejected away or combo'ed, one way or another. compare that to Dante's neutral square combo, and the difference is rediculous Yes, once Dante gets you in his square combo it's almost a garenteed AP burst if he knows what he's doing, but so is Kratos. Whereas Dante has to wait for the perfect opportunity and not miss his square combo or he's VERY easily punished, Kratos can just keep up that loop until you eject away or submit to that combo. it's rediculous.

Yeah man that square (3x) and the launcher as well (maybe Up square) can be annoying. When I heard kratos was being looked out, I thought SB was gonna add some type of cooldown to allow a small gap for punishment... oh well now we know that will never happen lol. Time to work on a counter i guess lol

Message 17 of 17 (51 Views)
0 Likes