Nov 27 2012
By: theweisel First Son 6 posts

Important Elements Missing From The Game

[ Edited ]
10 replies 206 views Edited Dec 2, 2012

To start, this game plays amazing; however, there are little things that could vastly improve its overall depth

At the end of a match, there are the pages which show your kills, unlocks, and points earned.  I feel there should be at least one other page including:   Who you killed and how many times, Total AP gained, Total AP lost, Longest Combo(in hits and AP), #of Supers used(and maybe a colored icons to follow indicating which lvl.  ex: two yellow badges and a blue would indicate two lvl 1's and 1 lvl 2).  And how about the option to view and save replays??  Something..its just not enough as is.  Next,

In character selection you should be able to preview the color scheme you're selecting.  As it is now you just blindly pick and can't see how it looks til you're already fighting, maybe I'm picky, but I'd like to compare.  Next,

In the tutorials, some of the combos are really difficult.  It would be nice if there was a "preview" when you look through all the objectives so you can see how the combo is done.  If the highlighted button inputs moved along as they're supposed to be pressed it would definitely help a lot of people get timing down and improve; rather than mashing the buttons too quickly when you can't figure out timing.

Also, lets take Dante for example.  He has many combos in his tutorial section.  Say you're having trouble with one so you skip it,  there should be a checkmark next to each one you've already done.  Like I said, little things

A stage editor would be nice, so would the stage where you fight the boss (opening video stage), perhaps some mini games.. but these things are much bigger fixes.  I really feel that the game would improve they just tweak some of the things I mentioned.  And Im sure theres more

How about..the option to have a 4letter word above your head; name your character for ea fight.  Its kind of hard when everyone picks shirtless dante and you're trying to tell what off color your pants are when you're trying to see which p1,p2..you are.

And also for online matches, why is there no 3v1 option?  I play with my two friends on my console, and we dont want to have a cpu 4th, we want a challenge! But we cant play online and add someone looking to play!  Totally makes sense for ranked matches, but for the unranked ones, you can adjust items and kills and everything, why not let up to three people play on the same console!

After a match I'd like to be able to add players to my friends list as well.

If you didnt feel the same before reading all these notes, I hope you do now.  Lets add on and talk about this and hopefully we can help them get this thing absolutely perfect!

Message 1 of 11 (206 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Re: Important Elements Missing From The Game

Nov 27, 2012
I definitely agree with the first thing you said! I would love to see the kills breakdown and stats and such. That would add a lot to matches.

A stage editor could be cool, but that's pretty big, so maybe for a sequel? However allowing us to use the boss fight stage shouldn't be too hard (they could put it on the second page)

For unranked matches, however, you can play 3 v 1 or whatever. Just do vs mode. You just have to invite someone to play with you.

Message 2 of 11 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Nov 27, 2012

I really wanted a health bar mode and fall-off-the-map KO's. MAybe they'll put that mode as DLC or in the next game.

Message 3 of 11 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
559 posts

Nov 27, 2012

see...

If they added off map KO's

it would become more akin to SB's

and they do not want to have to deal with more of those "bitchy fans"

o3o' if your reading this! You need to like kitties more!
Message 4 of 11 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1190 posts

Nov 27, 2012

They're not important elements, but i want em!

And that's the Gospel Truth Photobucket
Message 5 of 11 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1411 posts

Nov 27, 2012
i agree with everything except the whole 4 letters above players head
Too smash bros-ish... but it would be cool to have a unique way to tell apart your character from someone else's
 photo newcolesigtest_zps63cc5eb3.png
Message 6 of 11 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
632 posts

Nov 27, 2012

OMEGA_MEXICAN wrote:
i agree with everything except the whole 4 letters above players head
Too smash bros-ish... but it would be cool to have a unique way to tell apart your character from someone else's

And the fact that he said 4-letters -- just like Smash. Why couldn't it have been 3 or even 5? Or how about none at all?

I swear, you all try to turn this game into Smash Bros. more every day. As developers, SuperBot is probably confused and frustrated at your suggestions since they are trying to be DIFFERENT from the Smash series. I bet half of you guys don't even realize that most of your suggestions come from Nintendo's series, do you?

Photobucket
Message 7 of 11 (127 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1173 posts

Nov 27, 2012

theweisel wrote:

In character selection you should be able to preview the color scheme you're selecting.  As it is now you just blindly pick and can't see how it looks til you're already fighting, maybe I'm picky, but I'd like to compare.

I mostly agree with this, and no, you're not picky. That's an important element they didn't bother with. It's a small circle of a small color I can't even see far from the screen of my TV. I thought this was a joke & thought it'd be better in the full game, but, it's not even that great. I'd prefer the circle to be a bright color so if it shows a "Black", then I know it's black or "Black/Red".

It's mostly because the circle is too dark, when they should of made it brighter. I'm guessing large HD TVs wouldn't be a problem for the colors since I'll be using one now compared to my medium-size TV.

The preview of the combo is cool, but since this is in the way of a SF style (like the Arcade Mode Rival), I guess I'd expected no preview, would be a cool extra.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GameAtHeart's Average Gaming & Entertainment Channel
Message 8 of 11 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Nov 27, 2012

YoungGuns19 wrote:

I really wanted a health bar mode and fall-off-the-map KO's. MAybe they'll put that mode as DLC or in the next game.

Nope. 

Go play Smash. Seriously. This game is NOT. I repeat: NOT made for that kind of gameplay. 

I'm not trying to put you down. There are a lot of people who seem to think that this game would work with a health bar and off map K.O.s. I keep telling them that it won't work. The entire game would have to be changed. 

As for the O.P. I agree with you. There a lot of litle things that SuperBot needs to look at, if not for this game, then for a very polished Sequel. 

Check out my video game blog: http://pixeltrowel.wordpress.com
I don't regurgitate, I provide valuable opinion. Delve into video games with me.
Message 9 of 11 (117 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 27, 2012

theweisel wrote:

In character selection you should be able to preview the color scheme you're selecting.  As it is now you just blindly pick and can't see how it looks til you're already fighting, maybe I'm picky, but I'd like to compare.  Next,

Totally Agree!!

In the tutorials, some of the combos are really difficult.  It would be nice if there was a "preview" when you look through all the objectives so you can see how the combo is done.  If the highlighted button inputs moved along as they're supposed to be pressed it would definitely help a lot of people get timing down and improve; rather than mashing the buttons too quickly when you can't figure out timing.

Totally Agree!!!

How about..the option to have a 4letter word above your head; name your character for ea fight.  Its kind of hard when everyone picks shirtless dante and you're trying to tell what off color your pants are when you're trying to see which p1,p2..you are.

Agree!

And also for online matches, why is there no 3v1 option?  I play with my two friends on my console, and we dont want to have a cpu 4th, we want a challenge! But we cant play online and add someone looking to play!  Totally makes sense for ranked matches, but for the unranked ones, you can adjust items and kills and everything, why not let up to three people play on the same console!

Agree!

Message 10 of 11 (94 Views)
0 Likes