Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Re: Ima be the first to say it

Feb 15, 2013

Dart would be cool but the thing is Clud, Spyro and Crash are the most well known characters. This game needs more of that in order for folk to buy the game/DLC. Kat and Emmett are cool but the casuel folk won't care/know who they are.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 11 of 15 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Feb 15, 2013
Well, it's called "Playstation All-Stars", not "Sony All-Stars".
That is a big difference right there.
I love Dart, Rudy, Tomba, Alundra, etc. but Cloud, Crash, Spyro, Lara, etc. also scream "Playstation" and are deserving too.

And in the early days, like already mentioned, exclusive third party games were absolute system sellers.

That being said, it may be more difficult to get third party characters for DLC, but they are as deserving as the Sony characters.

Just my 2 cents.Smiley Happy

My Alundra Moveset:
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Alundra-fan-moveset/m-p/39401295#U39401295
Message 12 of 15 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Feb 15, 2013
@wwinterj

I wouldn't put it like that otherwise it just sounds like Crash, Spyro and Cloud would only be meant to sell the game in which case they should just put them in the game but just leave them as their standard T model pose without any animations THERE you have your characters.

They're more important than that, I never grew up with a PS1 but even I could tell how much, at least Crash and Spyro meant to Playstation owners because my cousin owned a Playstation, he loved Crash, I played some of it at his house, I only played about 5 minutes of one of the Spyro games at a friend's house, I remember seeing games for both of these franchises being advertised all over the place and I was actually interested in the franchises but it was more of the "Maybe I'll look at it later" kind of interest but I had an N64 and was having far too much fun with games like Zelda Majora's Mask and Banjo Kazooie for getting a PS1 to cross my mind.

After the next generation started I was on the Gamecube side and Crash and Spyro already became 3rd party at that point, I believe the first multi platform Crash game was Wrath of Cortex and I actually had quite a bit of fun with that enough to where it was one of the games I replayed the most, though I'm often told it's one of the worst in the series. Then there was Spyro Enter the Dragonfly which I actually really enjoyed because of the Banjo Kazooie vibes and it wasn't until last year actually when I first got a PS3 I actually went out of my way to get the first three Crash games and Spyro games from a store near my area that sells classic games and now I consider Crash 3 to be one of my favorite platformers of all time and Spyro slowly but surely grew on me and it was fun.

I can't say much about Cloud yet because last year I also wanted to start getting into RPG's because before then my only RPG experience was the first Paper Mario for N64 and the most I've covered in terms of RPG's were Pokemon generations 1 through 3, the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series, Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 6 but I'm afraid of going into 7 because I feel I might not enjoy it very much considering how often it's talked about among gamers especially since most of them tend to throw in some spoilers so I'm kind of being driven away from trying out FF7.

But my point is with my experience with these games, I can understand why they were considered the best of the PS1 and I can see why people hold these franchises so dearly and how popular they were, hell the back of the box for Crash 1 has a quote from one of the players stating that it's the best platformer they've ever played and as a retro gamer, I can play a classic game that I haven't played and analyze it from a standpoint of ya know back in the day and Crash definately deserves the attention, Spyro is just as important.

And again this is coming from someone who grew up with Nintendo's consoles and not a single Sony console til last year so what does that say.
Message 13 of 15 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Feb 15, 2013
The next DLC is going to be: Abe from Oddword and Joel from Last of Us followed by Lara Croft.

This is sure.
------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 14 of 15 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2457 posts

Feb 15, 2013
I don't give a crap what the next DLC is at this point. I just want more content. I hated starhawk and yet emmett is the funnest chracter to play with so far. If they add spyro they'll probably just make him like Kat, I love gravity rush, but not feeling her in this game. Id rather more stages than characters, I really hope they add a katamari level
Message 15 of 15 (47 Views)
0 Likes