Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Re: Im sorry what was that about kratos being op?

Oct 26, 2012
You know what someone on Youtube brought up that Kratos would be such an overused character that he'd become predictable, honestly I think that user hit the nail on the head because that's exactly what's going on with the beta and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if we still see Kratos filled matches in the full game.
Message 11 of 36 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Oct 26, 2012
BEATING KRATOS DOESN'T MEAN HE IS NOT OVER POWERED. GET THIS THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULLS

He builds AP way too fast and he is going to get nerfed
Message 12 of 36 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2012

Kratos is really OP... in FFA. In a 1v1 situation I see every other character in the beta having a better game than Kratos. Learn to air dodge his forward square cuz you saw it coming and punish. Thats all you have to do against most of the crowd who plays him but he is still great in the right hands. I do believe that on single targets Other characters have more. Fat Princess has assists that make all her moves safe and she has excellent range. PaRappa can build a meter+ with one combo on one person. Sly never has to dedicate himself to the combat and uses his mobility to make it impossible to land a clean hit between the speed/recovery of his skills, amazing mobility, high jumps, varying descent speeds, excellent pressure tools with alarm clock and down triangle+landmine/lightning traps. Sweet Tooth has an unbelievable 50/50 game when he gets you knocked down (awesome in 1v1) and radec has a pretty solid zoning game using his neutral triangle to bate/control space extremely well. Kratos has an excellent air game and a pretty solid yet predictable ground game. However Kratos's weakness lies in his recovery on a decent amount of his moveset. Also I feel his supers are a little bad for 1v1 as well aside from doing them when your opponent is just getting up off the ground or you expecting them to block. Wouldnt put Kratos on top of anything...aside from maybe in FFA

PSN : PsYkiiiK and also FroZiiiN.... PsYkiiiK is always on PSASBR HMU for some 1v1s
Message 13 of 36 (122 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1079 posts

Oct 26, 2012

FroZiiiN wrote:

Kratos is really OP... in FFA. In a 1v1 situation I see every other character in the beta having a better game than Kratos. Learn to air dodge his forward square cuz you saw it coming and punish. Thats all you have to do against most of the crowd who plays him but he is still great in the right hands. I do believe that on single targets Other characters have more. Fat Princess has assists that make all her moves safe and she has excellent range. PaRappa can build a meter+ with one combo on one person. Sly never has to dedicate himself to the combat and uses his mobility to make it impossible to land a clean hit between the speed/recovery of his skills, amazing mobility, high jumps, varying descent speeds, excellent pressure tools with alarm clock and down triangle+landmine/lightning traps. Sweet Tooth has an unbelievable 50/50 game when he gets you knocked down (awesome in 1v1) and radec has a pretty solid zoning game using his neutral triangle to bate/control space extremely well. Kratos has an excellent air game and a pretty solid yet predictable ground game. However Kratos's weakness lies in his recovery on a decent amount of his moveset. Also I feel his supers are a little bad for 1v1 as well aside from doing them when your opponent is just getting up off the ground or you expecting them to block. Wouldnt put Kratos on top of anything...aside from maybe in FFA

Then i guess its a good thing Omar's gonna nerf him. Smiley Happy

all stars photo psasbr2_zpsc1059804.png

My raiden over all your mains.
#PSASBR2
Message 14 of 36 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Oct 26, 2012

ThaWhiplash wrote:
BEATING KRATOS DOESN'T MEAN HE IS NOT OVER POWERED. GET THIS THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULLS

He builds AP way too fast and he is going to get nerfed

^This

I'm a little more confused about why everyone complains about Radec's sniper spam. It's super easy to dodge/block. I agree that Kratos gains AP too quickly and his Forward + Square is annoying as **bleep**.

Also, what the **bleep** does "Nerf" mean??? I only think of Nerf Guns

Message 15 of 36 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Oct 26, 2012
think of it like turning a real gun into a nerf gun lol... making it worse
PSN : PsYkiiiK and also FroZiiiN.... PsYkiiiK is always on PSASBR HMU for some 1v1s
Message 16 of 36 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Also, what the **bleep** does "Nerf" mean??? I only think of Nerf Guns

Think of the word 'nerf' as a nerf gun is to a real gun. Less powerful.

Message 17 of 36 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Oct 26, 2012
Should be looking at nerfing Fat Princess.... I'm telling you she's awesome and can easily combo into her level 1.
Message 18 of 36 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Oct 26, 2012
I honestly wish they weren't so nerf happy. The same thing happened with Mortal Kombat. They jumped the gun and nerfed and buffed a whole bunch of characters multiple times before the game had even barely been out long enough to develope a metagame. It in turn suffered greatly and some characters that were unexplored received unnecessary buffs and become way too good while some characters that were more explored/more popular got nerfed out of competition.
Message 19 of 36 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Oct 26, 2012
The forward + square is ridiculous. Even though I use that character and I love using kratos...his fighting style is awesome but he gains a lot of AP really quick amd seeing noobs spam forward + square and getting level 2/3 supers in like 30 seconds is annoying as hell.
Message 20 of 36 (81 Views)
0 Likes