Nov 08 2012
By: shadow_fire Hekseville Citizen 292 posts

Ignore this thread...that was huge waste of time

[ Edited ]
11 replies 197 views Edited Nov 8, 2012

Heya fellas.

PlayStation All-Stars released in Japan today (where it's currently after 9pm) which means the final boss, and any other details we can fathom are released.

So...let's start the witch hunt! I spoke with a friend who's fluent in Japanese, and she gave me some useful (casual speak) translations that can aide us. She describes Google's translations as "formal" and I've included the formal translations as well.

プレイステーション オールスター・バトルロイヤル is the (full title) of the game in Japanese. FT: プレイステーションオールスターバトルロイヤル

last boss=ラスボス FT: ラストボス

Polygon Man=ポリゴンマン FT: ポリゴン

Battle Royale=バトルロイヤル FT: バトルロワイアル

PlayStation= プレイステーション  FT: Ditto

Useful tip: Use Google's time feature (on the left) to narrow down your search to the past 24 hours or so. Otherwise you'll just get a lot of articles from October sourcing PlayStation LifeStyle's Polygon Man/Negativitron boss article.

So far, I'm unable to come up with anything, but many minds are better than one.

Message 1 of 12 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Re: The Final Boss is in the Wild....We've just gotta dig

Nov 8, 2012

Another thread on here links to a Japanese trailer that clearly shows they're getting the game in January. We still have to wait for the 20th Smiley Tongue

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 2 of 12 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1336 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2012

shadow_fire wrote:

Heya fellas.

PlayStation All-Stars released in Japan today (where it's currently after 9pm) which means the final boss, and any other details we can fathom are released.

So...let's start the witch hunt! I spoke with a friend who's fluent in Japanese, and she gave me some useful (casual speak) translations that can aide us. She describes Google's translations as "formal" and I've included the formal translations as well.

プレイステーション オールスター・バトルロイヤル is the (full title) of the game in Japanese. FT: プレイステーションオールスターバトルロイヤル

last boss=ラスボス FT: ラストボス

Polygon Man=ポリゴンマン FT: ポリゴン

Battle Royale=バトルロイヤル FT: バトルロワイアル

PlayStation= プレイステーション  FT: Ditto

Useful tip: Use Google's time feature (on the left) to narrow down your search to the past 24 hours or so. Otherwise you'll just get a lot of articles from October sourcing PlayStation LifeStyle's Polygon Man/Negativitron boss article.

So far, I'm unable to come up with anything, but many minds are better than one.

This is good and all but the game doesn't actually release today in Japan.

That was an error on the article that originally said that.

The actual release date was unknown they said it was for winter.

though with this video released in playstation Japan says the game actually releases January 31, 2013

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=mhee&v=bSvn1zyL_UY

heres the link for those using mobile.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photobucket
Message 3 of 12 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

Nov 8, 2012
Message 4 of 12 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1336 posts

Nov 8, 2012

Also here's the video, atleast we don't have to worry about spoiling the final boss.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photobucket
Message 5 of 12 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Nov 8, 2012
Where was your friend gettng this text from anyway?
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 6 of 12 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
253 posts

Re: Ignore this thread...that was huge waste of time

Nov 8, 2012
Aaaaaaand we told you it wasnt going to be released in Japan lol
Message 7 of 12 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

Nov 8, 2012
She's obsessed with Japan, I think she has an application to type in Japanese or something. She told me she was scanning for relevant words on sites searching for Battle Royale, she could of copied/pasted the 'casual' translations. but ya, not sure exactly.
Message 8 of 12 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Nov 8, 2012

stargateheaven wrote:
Where was your friend gettng this text from anyway?

Looks like it's katakana transliterations of the English, which would make sense. Essentially the game's title reads "puraisutashon orusuta batoru roiaru" (literally PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale with a Japanese accent) if the katakana is turned into romaji so it's pretty easy to figure out if you're learning Japanese and know about katakana Smiley Tongue

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 9 of 12 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Nov 8, 2012
I'm just saying these weren't from the official site or anything. And they are all english words written in katakana lol.
oh well, we knew it wasn't coming out. can someone FINALLY change the wiki now? i've wanted it changed for months.
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 10 of 12 (97 Views)
0 Likes