Wastelander
646 posts

Re: Ign's review will go up next tuesday

Nov 14, 2012

RedLegend14 wrote:

feldspar831 wrote:
You guys are jerks to him. Gregs kidding around, and he's said many times he loves the game. Plus how can't you compare it to smash bros

I believe he also said PSAS was being made by Namco Bandai, the ones making SSB4. Was that a joke too?

Umm... Yes, it was.

Message 21 of 33 (144 Views)
Wastelander
809 posts

Nov 14, 2012
Activison will pay for it to be low Smiley Wink
Message 22 of 33 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2434 posts

Nov 14, 2012

HyperStory wrote:

RedLegend14 wrote:

feldspar831 wrote:
You guys are jerks to him. Gregs kidding around, and he's said many times he loves the game. Plus how can't you compare it to smash bros

I believe he also said PSAS was being made by Namco Bandai, the ones making SSB4. Was that a joke too?

Umm... Yes, it was.

I honestly thought he got confused.

Message 23 of 33 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
489 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Redfield7 wrote:

Here's an average IGN review. Switch up EA with Sony, for PSASBR, and there we go Smiley Happy

IGN

Obviously LBP Karting and Resistance: Burning Skies and plenty of others are testament to that...

Seriously, the Playstation team at IGN really like Playstation--but they aren't fanboys. They are willing to admit shortcomings when present and are not afraid to report the hard truth. 

Colin and Greg (especially Greg) are some of the best game reviewers out their.

Their reviews are very insightful and well written; covering all the necessary topics and going into detail to flesh the experience out. They (and to a bit of a lesser extent, the rest of IGN) don't operate on the "7-10" scale where 7 is 'meh' and 10 is 'good.' They say the truth with their scores: a 5 is mediocre, 6 is alright and average, and a 7 is good, 8 is really good, 9 is great, and 10 is a masterpiece.  

Give them a freaking shot, guys. 

Message 24 of 33 (106 Views)
Sackboy
560 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 14, 2012

HighFlyer_15 wrote:

feldspar831 wrote:

There's a difference between comparing it and making childish jokes in front of the devs.

Speaking of childish jokes GREGWAY... 

(Up At Noon Refrence)

Oh and Redfield7 Amazing sig lolSmiley LOL

"They're all good at killing."
-Omar Kendall IGN LIvestream [18:33] 11/14/12
Message 25 of 33 (92 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Nov 14, 2012

DIONEDA wrote:

Redfield7 wrote:

Here's an average IGN review. Switch up EA with Sony, for PSASBR, and there we go Smiley Happy

IGN

Obviously LBP Karting and Resistance: Burning Skies and plenty of others are testament to that...

Seriously, the Playstation team at IGN really like Playstation--but they aren't fanboys. They are willing to admit shortcomings when present and are not afraid to report the hard truth. 

Their reviews are very insightful and well written; covering all the necessary topics and going into detail to flesh the experience out. They (and to a bit of a lesser extent, the rest of IGN) don't operate on the "7-10" scale where 7 is 'meh' and 10 is 'good.' They say the truth with their scores: a 5 is mediocre, 6 is alright and average, and a 7 is good, 8 is really good, 9 is great, and 10 is a masterpiece.  

After seeing the Double Dragon Neon review, I can't trust them. Period. 

But I do hope this All-Stars gets the rating it deserves.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 26 of 33 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Nov 14, 2012
I only really trust GiantBomb.com. They seem to be more critical of games, and aren't afraid to admit it. That's what I've always liked about them. I'm getting the game regardless of their review, but I hope they give it a fair shake.
It's time for a DEATH BATTLE!
Message 27 of 33 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
764 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 14, 2012

DIONEDA wrote:

Redfield7 wrote:

IGN

To be correct, 8 - 8.9 is Great, 9 - 9.9 is Amazing, and 10 is a masterpiece. You screwed up 8 and 9.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."
Message 28 of 33 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1540 posts

Nov 14, 2012
Didn't Greg not even do the double dragon review? Plus I've played that game and I think it's god awful
Message 29 of 33 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Nov 14, 2012
You realise the press conference was sarcasm lol....he knows this game is smash bros..while i do believe colin will do a great job on this review
Message 30 of 33 (42 Views)
0 Likes