Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Re: If your waiting for JaK to get buffed your wasting your time

Jan 26, 2013

Well I hope that they eventually change some minor things to his moveset. Not because he is bad or strong, but I really find these 'double jump wave concussor' players annoying and boring.

Message 21 of 38 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2013

Fromundaman wrote:
Blue, I'm not going to claim to know more about Jak because I'm pretty sure I don't, but holy **bleep** man. Stop acting like you know everything there is to know about Jak and that you're opinion is the only correct one.

Other people have been finding things for him recently, and Superbot has said on multiple occasions that there is still quite a bit to this character that we haven't found. Hell, I think I might have found something today (Something so incredibly minor that it really doesn't matter, but still.).

That being said I'm not against a buff though I do wonder how they will buff him if they do. Maj did say he was a very tricky character to balance because of how he excels so much in one area that he could become overwhelming in some game modes but underwhelming in others.

Speaking of game modes, the more I mess with Jak the more I feel he functions pretty well in 2v2. He is really good at surviving, setting things up and saving his partner. Not saying he's the best 2v2 character ever, but to me that does feel like his best game mode.

Stop acting like I know everything huh. How about you do me a favor and stop blowing this out of proportion. When it comes down to Jak, excluding combos, I do just about know everything. You truly don't know me and how far my dedicated goes for Jak. Don't come at me when I have a diferring opinion because when other people argue I don't see you on their @sses so just cause im disagreeing don't mean I think my opinion is right but with the all the points I found and listed and my long term experience with him, I am right.

I alreadly know what Jak's hidden potential is and its only great for FFA/Stock. Either way that hidden factor about doesn't make his character a great one in this game from a single point like Raiden, Kratos, Ratchet, etc. He has to rely on other people in order for his potetnial to be brong out. In that case it makes his character still lacking and not well determned. I've already listed what his problems our before. Im not going to keep telling newer people over and over and im not making a thread about it because with my repuation im just going to get hate responses and troll comments..

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 22 of 38 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Jan 26, 2013
Alright guys,stop with the foul language,we all have are opinions,we don't need to argue about it,but I can see where BlueDiamond is coming from,but I'm not saying he's right.
Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Message 23 of 38 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Jan 26, 2013
I have no problem with differing opinions. I even have no problem with a decent argument. I do have a problem with everyone getting attacked the moment they say something you don't agree with.

I honestly doubt you know everything there is to know about the character. Hell, I doubt anyone knows everything there is to know about any character. Even top level players like Dabuz, iiGGY, Dillon etc are finding new stuff for their characters (And widely used characters in the tournament scene like FP and EC too!) on a pretty regular basis.

Saying you've found everything just sounds like you're both full of and limiting yourself.

Also, if you look around the forums, and especially on other character threads, you'll see I act this way to most anyone with your attitude, or anyone who is spreading false information (In this case I can't say if you have or not, so that doesn't really apply. Again, I am not claiming to know more about Jak than you because that would be a bold faced lie. I probably know more about BD and GC, but not Jak.).

Now here's the thing, you also keep throwing out your ranking, which is impressive, but to my knowledge you have no tournament results. While I firmly believe you mostly know what you're talking about due to your experience and ranked placement, it is really silly to call yourself the best Jak when you have no tournament results, whereas there actually are other Jaks who have placed.

If I'm wrong and you actually do have legit tournament results, then I apologize for the little rant.

Basically, to make a long story short, I don't know how you are as a player, and I don't mean to start a fight, but you really need to stop being such a **bleep** to people, and maybe stop pulling a Pb_mal and throwing out "Best [character]" claims without tournament results.
Discussion helps the community a lot more than mindless attacks.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 24 of 38 (148 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Jan 26, 2013

Fromundaman wrote:
I have no problem with differing opinions. I even have no problem with a decent argument. I do have a problem with everyone getting attacked the moment they say something you don't agree with.

I honestly doubt you know everything there is to know about the character. Hell, I doubt anyone knows everything there is to know about any character. Even top level players like Dabuz, iiGGY, Dillon etc are finding new stuff for their characters (And widely used characters in the tournament scene like FP and EC too!) on a pretty regular basis.

Saying you've found everything just sounds like you're both full of and limiting yourself.

Also, if you look around the forums, and especially on other character threads, you'll see I act this way to most anyone with your attitude, or anyone who is spreading false information (In this case I can't say if you have or not, so that doesn't really apply. Again, I am not claiming to know more about Jak than you because that would be a bold faced lie. I probably know more about BD and GC, but not Jak.).

Now here's the thing, you also keep throwing out your ranking, which is impressive, but to my knowledge you have no tournament results. While I firmly believe you mostly know what you're talking about due to your experience and ranked placement, it is really silly to call yourself the best Jak when you have no tournament results, whereas there actually are other Jaks who have placed.

If I'm wrong and you actually do have legit tournament results, then I apologize for the little rant.

Basically, to make a long story short, I don't know how you are as a player, and I don't mean to start a fight, but you really need to stop being such a **bleep** to people, and maybe stop pulling a Pb_mal and throwing out "Best [character]" claims without tournament results.
Discussion helps the community a lot more than mindless attacks.

Did you read what I said?

Your first statement, last setenence is funny. I believe you are a steorotype because ive been attacked numerous times for no reason what so ever and you've said nothing on the matters. Don't attack people who have differing opinions. It starts out as a debate and then leads into an argument.

As I said before I never said I know everything about him or found everything about him COMBO BASED WISE! As for his character I do know him fully. I know what he lacks and what he has overall. 

So because of what I just said this is irrelevant to me.

I have results just not tournment related. I have faced plenty of Jak mainers and players to know that I am *ONE* not *THE* but *ONE* of the Top best Jak players. So don't misinterpret this like you did before.

Now don't talk to me about mindless atacks because I never attack people. I just get into arguments from stubborn and naive minds. Apparently you haven't seen how I constantly get attacked and use to in the past along with trolling. Anyways I explained the best character misunderstanding above so..

Only time will tell.
Message 25 of 38 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
616 posts

Jan 26, 2013
Anyone who says they're one of the best players and hasn't even been in a tournament and is basing this off of random online matches is obviously full of himself. Also, you do not know your character fully. Not knowing everything about his combos automatically makes that so, but you also do not know how to use all of his moves effectively either. One example is you think D + triangle is safer than D + circle. That is only one example though. Stop acting like you know everything.
Message 26 of 38 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
842 posts

Jan 26, 2013
Might as well stop trying, Fromundaman. I've never seen BlueDiamond let something go, and he is a pretty big fanboy over Jak.
Message 27 of 38 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2013

shadow9531 wrote:
Anyone who says they're one of the best players and hasn't even been in a tournament and is basing this off of random online matches is obviously full of himself. Also, you do not know your character fully. Not knowing everything about his combos automatically makes that so, but you also do not know how to use all of his moves effectively either. One example is you think D + triangle is safer than D + circle. That is only one example though. Stop acting like you know everything.

After looking at your replies im starting to see your either a hater or troll. Actually im not just basing everything off random online matches. Im basing this off 1v1 that ive had as well. You seriously have no idea what your talking about. Just go on gamefaqs and ask about LightEcoSage and see what you get idiot. Your also misinterpreting things. Can you not comprehend what knowing everything about his character means besides combos? No you cant so let me provide some examples. I know who his new voice actor is. I know what guns didn't make it into all stars. I know what guns did make it. Etc. Hopefully you understand now. I do know how to use his moves effectively because ive been called by an extreme amount of people that I use him well and the fact that I win most of my games and even my combo video shows that off so nice little theory you have there. I can get over 50+ people to confirm my skills with Jak btw just to prove you wrong you know...

The BR can be safer then the WC in certain situations as I said. The BR has more potential at connecting his moves because of its speed of launch. I love how you talk without being a Jak main what so ever or even knowing me or how I play at all. I do this most of my games. I use both WC and BR. Stop acting like you know me, how I play and my knowledge of Jak overall meaning in all stars to. How many tims do I have to explain the simpliest of stuff to you?

(I got all day for your lies, misjudgment, terrible judgment, exaggerations and false claims so keep at it). We can either end this or move on.

Only time will tell.
Message 28 of 38 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
506 posts

Jan 26, 2013

I'm going to say this as a Jak fan, in fact he's my favorite Playstation character and game series. Now when the game first came out, I had Jak as my main who i use the most (My mains are Jak,Sly,Ratchet,PaRappa and Good Cole.) But now i use Sly more because i like his moveset and Jak only has a couple of moves that can build up AP. Don't get me wrong i like playing as Jak but when you compare him to characters like Kratos,Raiden,Drake,Ratchet, and Sly etc. Well he's just going to come out short. For example for his level 2 instead of Dark Bomb which is easy to dodge. It could instead have been ether Jak turns into Dark Jak and all hits kill and Jak being able to use his guns while as Dark Jak (I know Jak can only use his guns as Normal Jak or Light Jak but to make it easier for Jak to at least get 3 kills like others can do.) or maybe Jak's Dark blast since that has more range. Also make the startup on the Mass Inverter shorter and make it easier for Jak to set up his level 1 with it.

PS All-Stars Battle Royale Mains: Sly,Jak,Ratchet,PaRappa,Kat,Good Cole,Raiden.
Kingdom Hearts FTW!
Moveset ideas:Ty the Tasmanian Tiger-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Ty-the-Tasmanian-Tiger-moveset/m-p/39916477
Sora-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Sora-Kingdom-Hearts-moveset/m-p/39923329
Crash Bandicoot-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Crash-Bandicoot-moveset/m-p/40043417
Spyro-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Spyro-The-Dragon-Moveset/m-p/42628521

Message 29 of 38 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
616 posts

Jan 26, 2013
Okay name every single one of those 50+ people.

I'm waiting.

Also, you're either as stubborn as a mule or the definition of incompetence.
Message 30 of 38 (108 Views)
0 Likes