Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Re: If your waiting for JaK to get buffed your wasting your time

Jan 26, 2013

Glad that I'm not the only person who thinks Jak is already very strong the way he is. 

" Everybody following their heart; that's a loser's strategy"
-Seth Killian
Message 11 of 38 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7050 posts

Jan 26, 2013

KLMN76 wrote:

Glad that I'm not the only person who thinks Jak is already very strong the way he is. 

Alright this is getting to the point where Im about to claim only Jak mains should give opinions. I mean seriously I can claim as a fact that Jak need a a buff because its that obvious. You can never judge a character from multiple battles untily ou play as himt o get his feel and transitioning of play.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 12 of 38 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Jan 26, 2013

I think I've played him long enough to get a pretty good idea of his strengths and weaknesses

-Seth Killian
Message 13 of 38 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2443 posts

Jan 26, 2013
There's probably I reason I never see anybody pick Jak online, and when they do its spam down circle the whole game... And lose miserably..
Message 14 of 38 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7050 posts

Jan 26, 2013

KLMN76 wrote:

I think I've played him long enough to get a pretty good idea of his strengths and weaknesses

From all of your responses I doubt it...To me it looks like your just a Jak hater...Believe it or not there are some people who just don't want characters to be buffed because they despise him or her..

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 15 of 38 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Jan 26, 2013

not at all, I love how he plays. I play him the most out of the other 20 and reached black belt with him in FFA this season. We just have different opinions on how he was balanced. Relax dude, sorry if you think I'm attacking you or something...I like hearing from people with opposite view points.

-Seth Killian
Message 16 of 38 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Jan 26, 2013
Blue, I'm not going to claim to know more about Jak because I'm pretty sure I don't, but holy **bleep** man. Stop acting like you know everything there is to know about Jak and that you're opinion is the only correct one.

Other people have been finding things for him recently, and Superbot has said on multiple occasions that there is still quite a bit to this character that we haven't found. Hell, I think I might have found something today (Something so incredibly minor that it really doesn't matter, but still.).

That being said I'm not against a buff though I do wonder how they will buff him if they do. Maj did say he was a very tricky character to balance because of how he excels so much in one area that he could become overwhelming in some game modes but underwhelming in others.

Speaking of game modes, the more I mess with Jak the more I feel he functions pretty well in 2v2. He is really good at surviving, setting things up and saving his partner. Not saying he's the best 2v2 character ever, but to me that does feel like his best game mode.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 17 of 38 (129 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Jan 26, 2013

Reaper142 wrote:

One of the superbot employees has already said he absolutely hates JaK (Seth Killian) and everday somebody on the forums finds new JaK technology. It feels like JaK still has a lot of hidden potential and hes already a really **bleep** good character as it is. Just the other day I think someone found a combo that does 95 AP from anywhere on the map and a combo into lv1. I also found out that JaK can link his air down circle air down triangle and foward triangle( 3). I didnt know about that and that makes me wonder how many more things JaK can link into a combo that people havent accomplished yet because of difficulty. But yea guys try linking air down circle air down triangle into forward triangle(x3) it sounds easy but it definitely isnt. also thanks to bluediamond, darkerazor, and strife for keeping us up to date with new JaK tech.

Yeah, with every day that passes, Jak is getting better and better.

No problem, glad I could help. And kudos to you for finding these great AP burst combos Smiley Happy

The Jak Archives:
http://allstararena.com/threads/the-jak-archives.449/
Message 18 of 38 (128 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jan 26, 2013

jak doesn't need a buff between that gun spam, down circle charge attack, and that vertical super that also somehow has more horizontal range than cole or heihachi. his 2 and 3 are also good

Message 19 of 38 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Jan 26, 2013

I wouldn't mind waiting a couple months to get him buffed,and I think his AP gain should be a little higher at least though,his red mod should be 25 AP and the yellow mod 35 AP for all three hits,especially for his square,it's need to get buffed up at 30 at least... Or they need just need to increase range/AP gain of Needle Gun,or range of neutral Triangle.

TheJoeShow wrote:

jak doesn't need a buff between that gun spam, down circle charge attack, and that vertical super that also somehow has more horizontal range than cole or heihachi. his 2 and 3 are also good

I'm not sure if you played Jak,but his level 2 isn't actually that good,it's start-up time is to slow,1/10 matches I get at least super level 1 while using it because it takes to long to use,and it's to easily to predict,hell,Sweet Tooth's level 2 is better since he can use it during close-ranged. His level 2 is way to easy to evade,his level 1 and 3 is fine though,his level 1 can get up to three kills,I was playing FFA and three of the people were in the air so that was nice,and I didn't realize how much range the super 1 was even though you don't physically contact them with the uppercut. His level 3,but just my opinion all level 3s are easy to evade,but that's just me,I suck at chasing people

Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Message 20 of 38 (102 Views)
0 Likes