I Only Post Everything
670 posts

Re: If we do end up getting Crash, keep in mind that....

Dec 18, 2012

I've already understand and know this was going to happen if both crash and spyro were in. If an activision rep was gonna be in then I rather see James Heller.

Message 31 of 37 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 18, 2012

2 - Gotcha. Sony might as well take my money for the sequel right now then. Because clearly I can't criticize this franchise once I support it...

3 - We both already know that. But you didn't answer my question. Why should Sony accept the new look if they know their fans don't want it (meaning it probably won't be very profitable)?

And please, drop the "Crash is Crash" argument. If that were true, every game with "Crash" in the title would have sold as well as the classics.

4 - So just because it's a tough negotiation, I should settle for a character I don't want? Fan service isn't easy; SuperBot would really show how dedicated they are to their fans by taking the extra mile & giving us the exact Crash that we want (and in return, they'd see a boost in sales).

Message 32 of 37 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Dec 18, 2012
2 - Criticize away by all means, but be realistic.

3 - Same reason they accepted new Dante, because any Dante is better then no Dante. If fans can't appreciate that then it's their loss, SuperBot & Sony can only do so much (You keep bringing sales into the arguement as if it signifys quality, firstly there are a lot more variables involved then simply 'it sold less because no one likes it' & secondly, Crash is Crash, regardless of whether a new game sells one copy or millions).

4 - Fan service is negotiating a characters inclusion, even when the cost is high/conditions are involved. You talk as if SuperBot & Sony have any say in the matter. Also, a character you never asked for ? Are you seriouslly acknowledging the new incarnation of Crash as a different character altogether lol...
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 33 of 37 (130 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 18, 2012

Wow...this arguments is getting really stupid.

Crash IS CRASH people. No matter what he looks like or how his games are. As long as his name is Crash Bandicoot, then he is still the character we know and love since the PS1 era til now. Nothing can change that.

"Crash is Crash" argument. If that were true, every game with "Crash" in the title would have sold as well as the classics.

This Crash is Crash argument only refers to Crash as a character and NOT as a Gameplay Style. So your argument about having "Crash" in the title would have sold as well as the classics" doesn't really apply here.

Message 34 of 37 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

Dec 19, 2012

2 - Sure. Wanting the most requested character on the Internet to make it into this game is so unrealistic...

3 - Well of course New Dante is better than no Dante, because 1) he has a new game coming out (free advertising!) and 2) his game has been receiving VERY positive feedback from the press and fans. Neither of those are true for new Crash; he's already proven that his games are subpar. So how exactly would having new Crash be better than no Crash, from a business perspective, for Sony? 

And I'm done with your "Crash is Crash" argument if all you're going to throw at me are empty statements. Sales & fan feedback clearly disagree. How about some proof that Crash's design has had little influence on crappy sales?

4 - Of course SuperBot & Sony have a say in the matter; that's how NEGOTIATIONS work. And it really shouldn't be that surprising that I see Classic Crash & New Crash as two completely diff. characters. Millions of gamers agree (hint: look at the sales)

By the way, you seem to know a lot about the specific details about this negotiation btwn Sony & Activision. How do you know Activision outright denied that they use Classic Crash? Have a link? 

Message 35 of 37 (92 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Dec 19, 2012
CRASH IS CRASH!
I win.
Message 36 of 37 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Dec 19, 2012
2 - Who said I objected against your pleas for Crash's inclusion, I said be ready for the likelihood of it being the newer iteration.

3 - How is it better then no Crash from a buisness perspective for Sony ? You're trolling me right now right ? Maybe because they would have Crash in the game ? The most highly requested character as you put it. New Dante's inclusion isn't better for Sony due to advertising, that's what Capcom gains from the deal, as would Activision if they were to allow Crash's inclusion (also, how about some proof that Crash's design did have influence on the sales - which if you're unaware were decent, apart from butt hurt fan threads...oh and yeah Crash is Crash).

4 - Just like they had a say in including old Dante, or one Cole, or a Team ICO rep ? The only negotiating Sony & SuperBot can do is the price (and you're right, sales dictates what the fans want. Just like the majority of gamers who love Call of Duty right ? Lets get Ghost in. Just like inFamous 2 selling over a million units less then the first ? Must mean no one likes the new voice actor. Just like the ridiculously low sales of Starhawk ? Must mean the game sucks etc etc).

How do I know Activision denied old Crash ? Point to where I downright confirmed they did ? This is all hypothetical, continuing on from the OP's points, but hey if it were that easy to get old Crash in, I guess I should just pop in my copy of PSABR in now and get around to completing his arcade...
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 37 of 37 (74 Views)
0 Likes