Oct 04 2012
By: The-Neko-Sama Splicer 48 posts

If a Disgaea character were in for dlc, which one would you want and what would the attacks be?

18 replies 284 views Edited Oct 4, 2012

As the title says, what disgaea character would you want in the game and what moves would you see them having?

Here's my (rather expected) one:

Laharl-

His normal attacks would be with the various weapon skills, like say blade dash for the sword. Sure, not every weapon skill would work unless it was changed up, like how I cannot see night sever or hurricane slash orSlayer's descent working unless they changed it up. Some of them might be good for getting into melee range while others would be good for comboing in melee. Include skills from axe, spear, fist, etc, etc, and then he should have a good number of attacks.

Supers-

level 1- Blazing Knuckle: He does his first usual unique skill where he jumps up and then flame punches the ground directly under him for some aoe damage (or rather taking out enemies in melee range in this game). The jump up would probably stun the enemies long enough for the punch down to still land.

level 2- Overlord's Wrath: His second unique where he summons a bunch of energy orbs and brings them crashing down at a fixed range well away from him. This thing would have the benefit of having a huge aoe, but it would have the drawback of being completely obvious when he's going to use it because let's be honest... a melee character moving away from everyone else is going to stand out, especially when they see he can use his level 2. Sure he can wipe out an area with this, but who is going to let him get them inside of that area when they see him moving away?

level 3- Meteor Impact/Rage: Now, I was not sure which to call this one for a specific reason, as you will see. He does his usual third unique of riding the meteor down and crashing it into everyone, except this only does a screen stun instead of killing them. Then he does the whole rage/frenzy mode with the red eyes (for an example of what I mean in the top left) and one-hit kills enemies for a short time, maybe have him pull a cloud from KH by floating just a tad off the ground just for asthetic purposes as he moves faster. I mean, he single handedly did take out all those war ships in the beginning of one of the later chapters of the game, so I figured this would work well here.

Now those were my ideas. If you can think of better ones, then please, feel free to say what better ways Laharl could be done. If you think it should be a different character from disgaea completely, then which character? Someone from Disgaea 4, like Valvatorez? Or maybe someone else from Disgaea 1 like Flonne or Etna? Please do share!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laharl

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 19 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
535 posts

Re: If a Disgaea character were in for dlc, which one would you want and what would the attacks be?

Oct 4, 2012
It would be a prinny. No doubt about it. I don't even play Disgaea and I know about prinnies.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 19 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Re: If a Disgaea character were in for dlc, which one would you want and what would the attacks be?

Oct 4, 2012

IzoGray wrote:
It would be a prinny. No doubt about it. I don't even play Disgaea and I know about prinnies.

^prinny! awesome game!

Play For Fun!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 19 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Oct 4, 2012

I would like a Disgaea character since the series been moslty on a sony system. (Ds version doesn't count it was horrible and they learned their lesson)

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 19 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
756 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Mao is my all-time favorite video gam character because I've never seen a character like him, so he would be mine. Actually I would want any of the main characters from the Disgaea series.

Mao, Adell, Laharl, or Valvatorez.

Prinny I could see as an item. He could walk around the stage and if someone picks him up and throws him he explodes like in the games. If u don't pick him up though maybe a pan falls on him and he explodes right their. Man I have so many ideas for him as an item lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 19 (260 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Oct 4, 2012

yooobooyj wrote:

Mao is my all-time favorite video gam character because I've never seen a character like him, so he would be mine. Actually I would want any of the main characters from the Disgaea series.

Mao, Adell, Laharl, or Valvatorez.

Prinny I could see as an item. He could walk around the stage and if someone picks him up and throws him he explodes like in the games. If u don't pick him up though maybe a pan falls on him and he explodes right their. Man I have so many ideas for him as an item lol.

Yeah Mao is such a pervy nerd, I liked him in Infinite when he chased Flonne around xD

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 19 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
712 posts

Oct 4, 2012

I've only played Disgaea 3, so I'd have to go for Mao. But if they were gonna go for popularity they'd probably go for Prinny's. Even before I knew about Disgaea I was already familiar with and I knew what a Prinny actually is, or whatever.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 19 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Oct 4, 2012

etna is kind of the face of the series (you can argue but many people know who she is outta everyone)

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 19 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Oct 4, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

etna is kind of the face of the series (you can argue but many people know who she is outta everyone)

Yeah Etna has been in multple crossovers than Laharl and Flonne combine

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 19 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Oct 4, 2012

n0rmal94 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

Yeah Etna has been in multple crossovers than Laharl and Flonne combine

etna or prinny for sure:smileytongue:

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 19 (227 Views)
0 Likes