Survivor
2456 posts

Re: If PSASBR Gets A Sequel, What Would Be New?

Jan 11, 2013
Create-a-stage Smiley Very Happy
Message 21 of 33 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1087 posts

Jan 11, 2013

RodBow, I must say, I agree with everything with you say as well. Smiley Happy

I was also thinking today:  the next game should just be more animated and "alive" in general, and make less use of static renders and graphics.  Like, you know how the results screen has animated poses for every character, win or lose?  Imagine if every character was animated like that in the pre-match loading screen, and they all had their own unique "ready to fight" poses.

Message 22 of 33 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
622 posts

Jan 12, 2013

PSASBR has good support now. They probably compete more with Brawl by adding more variety in terms of roster, maps, and gamemodes.

Message 23 of 33 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2013

This is what I'd like to see, not what I nessisarly think will happen.

Game modes:

A score based stock mode. So the person who lives the longest, isn't nessisarly the one who wins, but rather the person who managed to kill the most players before the game ends, with what is basicly a point bonus to the player who manages to still be alive at the end of the game.

The ability to modify how much score is awarded or lost when killing or dying in a score based mode. So say, you could lower the score for achieving a kill to 0 and let the score for deaths decide who wins the game.

New Characters:

I would like to see some charcters from the same franchise in the game rather than just one per. (technically theres two for infamous if you consider good/bad cole to be different characters) For instance, I'd like to see Dr. Nefarious as a playable character if they can find a good moveset for him. Now, I don't want just any character in the game like what happened in SSBB. Luigi, wolf, falco, toon link, ike and lucas, are all extra characters that shouldn't have been in the game in their state. (on the grounds of their gameplay being too similar to another character, if they had made each of these characters a bit more unique it would have been fine) Now I kinda think SSBB went a bit too far when allowing multiple characters of a single franchise into the game as a playable character, but as long as the sequal to psasbr doesn't overdo (IMO) it like they did, it should be fine.

Other:

Groovitron item, perhaps in the DLC for this game rather than waiting for the next game. For those of you who haven't played a ratchet and clank game, it is a disco ball that causes enemies to burst out into dance, allowing you to hit them freely.

Reworking of charcters. For example, I'd like to see ratchet as being more agile like he is in his games. Perhaps modifying his dodge to actually jump up into the air. He barely rolled around in any of his games, and certainly not his recent ones, whereas one I am constantly dodging in the majority of his games by doing an aerial flip to either side. I consider this to be iconic of ratchet.

I don't want charcters to be forced to have a "rival" to get into the game. It is a cool system, but I don't think a rivalry should be forced apon characters that it wouldn't make sense on.

More "precise" customization. Say, being able to choose several features of your current costume without switching out the outfit. For instance, if they add in isaac clark from dead space, you could choose whether or not he removes his helmet in taunts, all the time, or not at all. Perhaps being able to mix and match different pieces of many costumes into a single one.

Message 24 of 33 (157 Views)
Sackboy
577 posts

Jan 12, 2013
More gamemodes, like cake collecting, pandemonium, zombie survival, etc

A more in depth story mode, with more than random fights to it, but keeping the rivarly concept, maybie some allies?

More characters, but do not remove any character in game that made it in ( including DLC )

Unlockable characters and stages

More stages, each character with a representation stage

More items

Capture the flag and king of the hill

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

original.png

Message 25 of 33 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Jan 12, 2013

I really wish they focus a little more on single player if there's a sequel.

The reason I liked Brawl so much was the subspace emissary mode. But don't get me wrong I do like playing in the arcade mode but it's always nice to have a more "dynamic" story mode than simply a line of characters for you to beat up.

As for characters I really can't say much... I liked this roster (except for Kratos, Raiden and Radec) but it would be nice to see Snake, Sora or Roxas and some FF rep.

For new stages I'd love to see a Metal Gear / inFamous stage can't imagine a cool concept for it though...

Well they should also make some improvements on the online multiplayer, I've seen lots of people complaining about lag issues and connection problems. I had some bad experiences with it too, like taking more than 2 hours to find people on quick match.

Anyway those are my thoughts.

Message 26 of 33 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Jan 12, 2013
One more thing, the sequel should allow you to save and send replays. It would make tournament wins and losses much easier to prove and those with recording devices would not have to record all of their matches just to find one match of interest to share.
Message 27 of 33 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Jan 12, 2013

I would hope for revamped Supers. It would be cool if they changed everyones Supers or at least make them a bit different.

All the other stuff is obvious, new stages, new characters, etc.

I would also hope for better and more rewarding unlockables, give us something for committing to a character and making it to Level 999. Also let us customize the menus? Maybe give us the option to choose backgrounds that include the rivals eyeing each other out, example: Spike and Parappa up close looking at each other and Spike has his Stun clubs aimed at Parappa while Parappa has his fist towards Spike. The background would flash, and move slightly, maybe make their eyes flash, something.

Message 28 of 33 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Jan 12, 2013

the new psabr game should be called playstastion allstars royal rumble

KAT FOR PSASBR
Message 29 of 33 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Jan 12, 2013

I don't even know if they'll make a sequel after these sales, and if they will, it'll be incredibly low-budget like PSABR, and another mediocre game overall. At this point I would make a kart game à la Crash Team Racing like someone suggested here, it's easier and has more potential.

Message 30 of 33 (79 Views)
0 Likes