Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Re: If PSASBR Gets A Sequel, What Would Be New?

Jan 11, 2013

AfroGamerNinja wrote:
Movelist choice. As in, if you stumble into a character that has multiple variants, you choose which moveset you want to use with it. We can free up some character space like that.

For example, the Coles. They're available as seperate characters. If we put them as one, but offer both variants as seperate movesets (thus making them still seperate characters), it is still possible to get access to moves like the Giga Punch without mindlessly mashing buttons like Superbot initially intended us to.

I Would Like To See That, And Also Supers Choice.

Message 11 of 33 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Jan 11, 2013
Orbis All Stars - I kidd, that would be awful. Simply Playstation All-Stars would work.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 12 of 33 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Jan 11, 2013

I agree with everything ItsLuigiTime said.

Characters and Stages:

Keep all the vanilla characters in while giving them additional costumes, moves and even supers. Add a variety of new and iconic characters spanning the Playstation lifetime (Not just Cloud but Gecko, Aya Brea, Jen, Pyramid Head...etc). Larger stages and more difficult hazards. Better small stages for 1v1 and hectic FFA battles.

Gameplay:

Other than tweaking all the vanilla characters I think the sequal needs a speed boost. A 5-10% increase would be pretty good. This game's pretty slow paced and I want it to be fast and furious like Melee. I aslo think there needs to be a quick dash/ wave dash feature to get around faster because, honestly,everyone's pretty slow. (I don't know how many times I tried to wave dash across the map in this game like it was UMvC3 or SSBM). There should also be WAY more game modes. Honestly, how many people have played reverse stock?   Super Bot said this game was "supposed" to be a CTF game, right? Add a **bleep** CTF mode then! Not just, FFA and 2v2. MAybe even a boss mode where It's 3v1. Add mini games and trail modes. Break, the barrels, break the target...etc Make it happen! Imagine a trail where you play as Raiden fighting a actual metal gear as an enemy. Now imagine that trail with 2 player co-op!

Another thing, give the game a connecting story not just a weak TIMED arcade mode with a comic intro/outro and cheesy rival battle. That we people can choose between story and arcade mode. Make it like Persona 4 U where arcade is a abbreviated version of that characters story. Make the characters join forces instead of being rivals (except for the few guys who're going to play the villians.)

Visuals:

Another thing this game lacks is it;s visual style. It's stale. The characters don't look that great at all especially FP. I think if it would for a more cell shaded/stylish approach the game would be better. Another thing is he god awful menu's. I mean talk about bland! They need way more style to them. Also the loading screens are boring and so are the visual effects.

Misc:

Why is there no gallery mode? Imagine gallery mode being a FP view camera where you can control the camera, walking down an art gallery stlyed hallway looking at each portrait(concept art) and statue of characters and items from the PLaystation universe that you unlocked from various modes. Wouldn't that be epic? I want to read detailed profiles about every character, where they came from and so on. Don't even stop there. I want to see characters that didint make it into the game in the gallery mode. Also, the techno music HAS to go. It doesn't set the mood right at all.

Super Bot tried to stray from Smash too much and that's what made this game feel lack luster.  You can tell this game was made by novices. Don't get me wrong, I love PSABR but it lacks a lot of polish and features. They put so much emphasis on online multiplayer that they left the offline wanting more. See, when Melee came out there was no online at the time. It HAD to have strong single player modes and features or it would have sold poorly. I can go back to Melee and reset the entire game and have more fun unlocking everything over, by myself,  than playing this game in single player doing arcade mode and "combat" trails. Borrowing is not bad if it's done good. I REALLY hope the sequeal is a lot better because Smash 64 wasn't so hot either but I think it was better than this.

Message 13 of 33 (251 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

Jan 11, 2013
^ JEEZ MAN
A African-American adult male has taken illegally possession of my 2-wheeled mode of transportation thus has acquired my property under false pretenses
Message 14 of 33 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
503 posts

Jan 11, 2013
More characters from a series, Zeus should be either dlc or in next game, he's a boss. Chamber of the flame should be a map like in mk9. Combine it with infamous like having the beast in the background or something, i dont care i just want that badass area
Message 15 of 33 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Jan 11, 2013

The most obvious is more characters, and they should just keep it with 1 character per franchise. Also the Japan side of Sony's franchises from old to new needs to be acknowledged. For 3rd party characters, if we get new(future) versions of them, we should get stages based  from past games(Big Daddy in but no Rapture stage? :/) Also no random 3rd party characters from obscure games or failed series.

More stages, while some stages don't need to have a mash-up. More variety of franchises in the mash-up with less double dipping.

More options in single player and multiplayer.

Find a better way to rank players than belts since the mess it is right now with people quiting like crazy.

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 16 of 33 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Jan 11, 2013
@Sonic
"JEEZ MAN"?
Bro, if I ran a influential gaming site or if I knew Sony/Super Bot would actually take my ideas into serious consideration this list would be WAY longer. I barely scratched the surface. Honestly, that post was of me being considerate of the length.
Message 17 of 33 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

Title: Playstation All Stars - ________ fill in the blank. Maybe "Playstation All Stars - Title Fight"

Characters:

Tomba

Abe

Crash

Scorpion

Gex or Croc

Snake

King of All Cosmos

Ryu

Chimera

Cloud

DLC

Klonoa

Raziel

Stages:

Rapture Farms and Tomba

Shadow Moses and N Sanity Island

Journey and Katamari

Midgar and Gran Turismo

What I want to see most is a just more complete game which will include

-More Professional looking menus and character select (the current ones look like a demo or beta menu, improving these alone would be huge)

-Gallery Mode (similar to Smash's trophy gallery)

-An ugraded customization mode similar to the icons and backgrounds but with icons and backgrounds from characters not represented on the roster

-4 costumes

-More character customization

-Character focused combat trials that revolve around each characters universe(similar to FPs collect the cake). around 25-30 for each character

-More focused single player story that ties all the characters together (along with an Arcade Mode) Keep Polygan Man as the main boss but after his first defeat he brings in villians across the Playstation Universe like Calypso, Zuess, Liquid with MG Ray, etc to take out all the All-Stars and Mascots. Similar to SSE except that it still focuses on Stage matches not free roam like SEE.

-Minigames (in the same light a target smash from SSB)

-More game modes - catch the ape escape monkeys (CTF), 3v1 where the solo player gets a 2x AP boost,  etc

-Ability to save matches

-1v1 online matches

-bring the ranking to 1,000 (come on why stop at 999)

-Co-Op combat trials

I'll add more to the lists later including Items and more stages

PSN: tha_jammer

ABE and CHIMERA FOR PSASBR
Message 18 of 33 (218 Views)
Wastelander
632 posts

Jan 11, 2013

I, too, wondered this. Besides the innevitable new modes and galleries and UI, will the Supers be the same?

I wonder the same about Smash 4/U. Will we get new Final Smashes?

I wonder...

Photobucket
Message 19 of 33 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
495 posts

Jan 11, 2013

Super loadouts!

gives the ability to make a 1v1 load out or FFA or 2v2 loadout

4v4 matches!

gives the ability to be innovative and pure awesome sauce!

Wii60 Killer Ryu
Message 20 of 33 (203 Views)
0 Likes