Fender Bender
2516 posts

Re: If Crash does make it in as dlc...

Nov 4, 2012

Move with the times. Lets take another company; lets take Capcom.

Capcom first releases the most popular sidescrolling shooter franchsie of all time; Megaman. Later down the line they release Street Fighter II.

If you've noticed, most people who think Capcom immediately think Megaman. However because of Megamans dwildling success due to their murdering him, the next in line was Ryu from Street Fighter.

Right now the name most synonymous with the Sony name is, without a doubt; Kratos. As much as I furiously hate to admit it, Kratos is Sony's CURRENT mascot. The one they have right now and the one they have access to. Crash's success dwindled away and was bought out by Activision; proof of the matter is that when people say Crash is the Sony mascot they mean the PSX mascot with only the three most memorable ones, being 1, 2, and 3. Not Twinsanity. Not Jersey Crashore. 1 2 and 3. No more. No less. Arguing that Sony's current mascot is Crash over Kratos is just plain sad.

Deal with it. I sure did. I hate Kratos but I'm not dumb enough to admit otherwise.

Message 41 of 44 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Nov 4, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Capcom first releases the most popular sidescrolling shooter franchsie of all time; Megaman. Later down the line they release Street Fighter II.

If you've noticed, most people who think Capcom immediately think Megaman. However because of Megamans dwildling success due to their murdering him, the next in line was Ryu from Street Fighter.

Right now the name most synonymous with the Sony name is, without a doubt; Kratos. As much as I furiously hate to admit it, Kratos is Sony's CURRENT mascot. The one they have right now and the one they have access to. Crash's success dwindled away and was bought out by Activision; proof of the matter is that when people say Crash is the Sony mascot they mean the PSX mascot with only the three most memorable ones, being 1, 2, and 3. Not Twinsanity. Not Jersey Crashore. 1 2 and 3. No more. No less. Arguing that Sony's current mascot is Crash over Kratos is just plain sad.

Deal with it. I sure did. I hate Kratos but I'm not dumb enough to admit otherwise.

what about CTR the last  ND crash game that is still highly regarded, and to be honest even crash bash felt close to the original even though it was done by eurocom.  

#ProtectorProgramme
Message 42 of 44 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1364 posts

Nov 4, 2012

ATOMB0Y_ wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

what about CTR the last  ND crash game that is still highly regarded, and to be honest even crash bash felt close to the original even though it was done by eurocom.  

They were still in the PS1 era regardless. Not like any other fans would recognize Crash of Titans, Mind over Mutant, Crash Nitro racing(?), Crash Tag Team Racing as goddamn masterpieces. 

Message 43 of 44 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Nov 4, 2012
A kid ? nope, I was there when Crash was big, I played his games when they launched, and I thought them to be graphical marvels (lol), but I can accept the fact that the character is dead, I haven't given the character a second thought since I played the first PS2 outing an I've never heard anyone talk about him (other then a casual reference) until I came to this forum. It's clear there is no point giving a reality check though, seeing as how Crash is the biggest name in gaming right now and all...
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 44 of 44 (41 Views)
0 Likes