[ Edited ]
Nov 4, 2012

Ferkel11 wrote:

BladeXTails wrote:

Ferkel11 wrote:

BladeXTails wrote:

Ferkel11 wrote:

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
No, Crash is not to Sony what Mario is to Nintendo. I truly hate when people make that comparison. Mario is an exclusive character fully owned by Nintendo and relevant to this day, Crash is a dead third party character never owned by Sony.

Crash is a character made to be as badass as Sonic,and to be Sonys anti-Mario.

I see you arnt a fan.

No, that is not what he is saying at all. Crash is not the "Mario of Sony." If he was, wouldn't he still be exclusive? Wouldn't he still be relevent and the max selling point of all of Sony's products? Wouldn't he still have his own Crash kids meal toy at McDonalds? Wouldn't he be recocgnized by the younger audience who hasn't played a single crash game yet see him on posters and commercials everywhere?

He isn't.

He's not Mario. Nor is he Sonic. He's Crash. And he's almost dead if Activision doesn't do anything about it.

I have nothing against Crash. But the harsh reality is he's not making a comeback unless, as said before, if someone does something about it.

One of the main reasons Naughty Dog chose to develop Crash Bandicoot (at the time jokingly codenamed "Sonic's **bleep** Game"[1][2]) for the Sony PlayStation was Sony's lack of an existing mascot character that could compete with Sega's Sonic the Hedgehog and Nintendo's Mario.[3] Naughty Dog desired to do what Sega and Warner Bros. did with the hedgehog and the Tasmanian Devil respectively and incorporate an animal that was "cute, real, and no one really knew about". The team purchased a field guide on Tasmanian mammals and selected the wombat, potoroo and bandicoot as options.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crash_Bandicoot_%28character%29

I already know about that.

I'm talking about Iconic status that holds value for today. Not the Idea behind his creation at the time of his Prime. Before this game, nobody ever thought about Crash. Why? Cause it has been tough for him and Spyro before Skylanders.They ended up as hasbeens of what they used to be. This could also be applied to Sonic 06 and the Storybook series, but after a while Sonic has been doing better.

The main point is, if this game was never announced, Crash wouldn't have rekindled interest. And he would have potentially been dead IF no one did anything about it.

I still cared about Crash,and a lot of people did.I am playing all games over and over again.I was searching for Crash,when I found this game.So Crash is the reason I know about this game.But I see you dont understand.

Well, that's great. But what about the others? I found out about this game thru Gameinformer. (And it ended the article with doubts of Crash's inclusion. I was prepared for this situation. And it happened to be true unless there's DLC down the road)
And I didn't mention about not caring about Crash. Cause people do care about Crash. That's why mostly everyone wants him back in action. Just noting that the thought of Crash has been absent in recent years. It's been 4 years since Mind over Mutant and 2 years since his mobile racing game. And I didn't know about it till someone brought it up on this forum.

But anyways, you assume I don't understand. So whatever. Out of sight, out of mind.

Message 31 of 44 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Re: If Crash does make it in as dlc...

Nov 3, 2012
i'll be honest, when i heard about this game for the first time, the first char that i thought would make it in was a resistance rep,
i want crash just for nostalgia's sake, even then i thought about him after i joined the forums...
Play For Fun!
Message 32 of 44 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Nov 4, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
No, Crash is not to Sony what Mario is to Nintendo. I truly hate when people make that comparison. Mario is an exclusive character fully owned by Nintendo and relevant to this day, Crash is a dead third party character never owned by Sony.

Again. you need to go watch the Story of Naughty dog. Crash was an rivalry with mario and sonic but they also Call him "Sonic

s-a**" Lol. but now. Activision isn't doing a thing with crash. he's never made a comeback yet nor made an Debut on PS3 and there was a problem of the "End" of crash franchise. The Crash Bandicoot trademark has been renewed this April 28th, 2011, by Activision Publishing. It was a routine renewal -- however it has been filed several months to a year ahead of schedule, and is a Section 8+9 renewal.
What this means is that Activision, by renewing under Section 8 has stated that in the next 10 years they intend to continuously and consistently use the trademark "Crash Bandicoot" on Games, Games Merchandise, and Games Packaging. If they do not use "Crash Bandicoot" in commerce or trade, such as selling, producing and developing games (and/or merchandise) they face the risk of losing the trademark and leaving the mark up for contest.
In summation, this renewal would seem to display Activision's disinterest in losing the ability to produce and release Crash Bandicoot branded games and materials.
In shorter terms -- the series is not dead. It never was."

Crash isn't dead guy's if he was. there will be alots of riots. 

But now snice this game came up. we want Crash bandicoot in this game to make crash fans happy again.

This is the message from an crash fans that been in the history from YEARS

BeFunky_Untitled
Message 33 of 44 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 4, 2012

Ginta2468 wrote:
And if it is free or cheap, I better see people use him more than any other character! Some people only want Crash in and then they call it a good game, completly ignoring everything else. If he isn't used then I might rage a lot!
Sorry had to get that off my chest.

ill definatty use him im one of those people that when i ask for something and get it i actually use it, now on the other hand i cant speak for other forumers

[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Message 34 of 44 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 4, 2012

SasukeY6JUchiha wrote:

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:

Again. you need to go watch the Story of Naughty dog. Crash was an rivalry with mario and sonic but they also Call him "Sonic

s-a**" Lol. but now. Activision isn't doing a thing with crash. he's never made a comeback yet nor made an Debut on PS3 and there was a problem of the "End" of crash franchise. The Crash Bandicoot trademark has been renewed this April 28th, 2011, by Activision Publishing. It was a routine renewal -- however it has been filed several months to a year ahead of schedule, and is a Section 8+9 renewal.
What this means is that Activision, by renewing under Section 8 has stated that in the next 10 years they intend to continuously and consistently use the trademark "Crash Bandicoot" on Games, Games Merchandise, and Games Packaging. If they do not use "Crash Bandicoot" in commerce or trade, such as selling, producing and developing games (and/or merchandise) they face the risk of losing the trademark and leaving the mark up for contest.
In summation, this renewal would seem to display Activision's disinterest in losing the ability to produce and release Crash Bandicoot branded games and materials.
In shorter terms -- the series is not dead. It never was."

Crash isn't dead guy's if he was. there will be alots of riots. 

But now snice this game came up. we want Crash bandicoot in this game to make crash fans happy again.

This is the message from an crash fans that been in the history from YEARS

he might not be dead,

but he sure is dieing since activision isn't doing anything with him...

Play For Fun!
Message 35 of 44 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Nov 4, 2012
By 'dead', I don't mean no more games, he was dead soon after his multiplatform debut. I'm sure they'll release another entry in the near future, but who cares ? No ones looked at Crash the same way since the PS1 era, and that won't change unless somehow Sony aquires the rights and makes a quality game, all of which is highly unlikely, therefore the character is dead.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 36 of 44 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Nov 4, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
By 'dead', I don't mean no more games, he was dead soon after his multiplatform debut. I'm sure they'll release another entry in the near future, but who cares ? No ones looked at Crash the same way since the PS1 era, and that won't change unless somehow Sony aquires the rights and makes a quality game, all of which is highly unlikely, therefore the character is dead.

You sure about that? Maybe YOU dont care. but There's another Crash fan's out there that Does. Look On PSASBR site. That first comment of the request character that has 800s likes and other people replyed and agreed as well. But people Like Spyro Now Doesn't care anymore because his ugly look of skylanders but hey it's activision fault but they dont care. all they care is money.

BeFunky_Untitled
Message 37 of 44 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Nov 4, 2012
You seem to be missing my point. The PS1 era Crash's fans remain, but how many of them have been playing the multiplatform games ? How many of them will keep playing any future titles ? The PS1 era Crash games sold millions of copies, the multiplatform games haven't even sold that many combined. The character is dead and irrelevant today, we want to keep the character alive for nostalgias sake, but he doesn't have the same appeal he had a decade ago. You can disagree or tell me you bought every game ever made, but that's more an opinionated view. I love Crash (granted, not as much as the diehards on this forum), but if they go out and announce a new game, I'll shrug it off without giving it a second look.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 38 of 44 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 4, 2012

Everyone who keeps saying "He's Sony's mascot' are nostalgia blinded. Ignore them and move on.

Message 39 of 44 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Nov 4, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:

You're absolutely wrong. It's got nothing to do with exclusivity and third party / first party yada yada. Those are just empty business / economics terms.

The reason crash is iconic is because he's in the consciousness of anybody who's a playstation player / fan. Anybody born in the early ninties has Crash Bandicoot pretty much ingrained in their mind, and they know full well that he's a Playstation character from a Playstation game. He had like 5 really successful and memorable outings on the playstation, and that was more than enough to put him into the consciousness of all gamers, as a Playstation mascot. He's a foundational character like Mario is to Nintendo, and just as memorable and in the public consciousness.

Historically, that's just what he is. I don't know how you can deny that. Are you a kid or something? Was early Crash not part of your generation / your childhood? I mean, when I think of Playstation, I think of Crash. And many others will think the same.

Message 40 of 44 (44 Views)