Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Re: If Crash does make it in as dlc...

Nov 3, 2012
I'm a fan, I've got all 4 of the original PS1 Crash games downloaded on my PS Vita - all of which I have completed in the past 3 months, but I'm not going to sit here and bs about him. He was a great character in his prime, now he's dead - Activision made sure of that.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 21 of 44 (97 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1163 posts

Nov 3, 2012

Ginta2468 wrote:
I rant hard. I don't even know where I was going with that after a while.

I will main with Crash,and all the fans will!

Message 22 of 44 (96 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1163 posts

Nov 3, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
I'm a fan, I've got all 4 of the original PS1 Crash games downloaded on my PS Vita - all of which I have completed in the past 3 months, but I'm not going to sit here and bs about him. He was a great character in his prime, now he's dead - Activision made sure of that.

Never forget,that Activision wanted to revive the IP in 2010 with 2 new Crash games.
One main game and one karting game.Both games were scrapped,because of layoffs.

And I thought Radical Entertainment is closed forever,however,see this:

https://twitter.com/Radical_Ent/status/248450258655379456

They will come back! MORE LATER

Message 23 of 44 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Nov 3, 2012
It has nothing to do with not making more games, it's that these new games suck. They'll never be as popular as the Playstation 1 series and they'll never repeat that success, unless ofcourse they find some new gimmick like they did with Spyro.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 24 of 44 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1364 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 3, 2012

Ferkel11 wrote:

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
No, Crash is not to Sony what Mario is to Nintendo. I truly hate when people make that comparison. Mario is an exclusive character fully owned by Nintendo and relevant to this day, Crash is a dead third party character never owned by Sony.

Crash is a character made to be as badass as Sonic,and to be Sonys anti-Mario.

I see you arnt a fan.

No, that is not what he is saying at all. Crash is not the "Mario of Sony." If he was, wouldn't he still be exclusive? Wouldn't he still be relevent and the max selling point of all of Sony's products? Wouldn't he still have his own Crash kids meal toy at McDonalds? Wouldn't he be recocgnized by the younger audience who hasn't played a single crash game yet see him on posters and commercials everywhere?

He isn't.

He's not Mario. Nor is he Sonic. He's Crash. And he's almost dead if Activision doesn't do anything about it.

I have nothing against Crash. But the harsh reality is he's not making a comeback unless, as said before, if someone does something about it.

Message 25 of 44 (83 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1163 posts

Nov 3, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
It has nothing to do with not making more games, it's that these new games suck. They'll never be as popular as the Playstation 1 series and they'll never repeat that success, unless ofcourse they find some new gimmick like they did with Spyro.

Okay,we should contact THQ.Jason Rubin is the president of the company.We would get original Crash games again!

http://www.videogamer.com/news/naughty_dog_co-founder_hopeful_activision_can_return_crash_bandicoot_...

Message 26 of 44 (80 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1163 posts

Nov 3, 2012

BladeXTails wrote:

Ferkel11 wrote:

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
No, Crash is not to Sony what Mario is to Nintendo. I truly hate when people make that comparison. Mario is an exclusive character fully owned by Nintendo and relevant to this day, Crash is a dead third party character never owned by Sony.

I see you arnt a fan.

No, that is not what he is saying at all. Crash is not the "Mario of Sony." If he was, wouldn't he still be exclusive? Wouldn't he still be relevent and the max selling point of all of Sony's products? Wouldn't he still have his own Crash kids meal toy at McDonalds? Wouldn't he be recocgnized by the younger audience who hasn't played a single crash game yet see him on posters and commercials everywhere?

He isn't.

He's not Mario. Nor is he Sonic. He's Crash. And he's almost dead if Activision doesn't do anything about it.

I have nothing against Crash. But the harsh reality is he's not making a comeback unless, as said before, if someone does something about it.

One of the main reasons Naughty Dog chose to develop Crash Bandicoot (at the time jokingly codenamed "Sonic's **bleep** Game"[1][2]) for the Sony PlayStation was Sony's lack of an existing mascot character that could compete with Sega's Sonic the Hedgehog and Nintendo's Mario.[3] Naughty Dog desired to do what Sega and Warner Bros. did with the hedgehog and the Tasmanian Devil respectively and incorporate an animal that was "cute, real, and no one really knew about". The team purchased a field guide on Tasmanian mammals and selected the wombat, potoroo and bandicoot as options.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crash_Bandicoot_%28character%29

Message 27 of 44 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1364 posts

Nov 3, 2012

Ferkel11 wrote:

BladeXTails wrote:

Ferkel11 wrote:

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:

I see you arnt a fan.

He isn't.

One of the main reasons Naughty Dog chose to develop Crash Bandicoot (at the time jokingly codenamed "Sonic's **bleep** Game"[1][2]) for the Sony PlayStation was Sony's lack of an existing mascot character that could compete with Sega's Sonic the Hedgehog and Nintendo's Mario.[3] Naughty Dog desired to do what Sega and Warner Bros. did with the hedgehog and the Tasmanian Devil respectively and incorporate an animal that was "cute, real, and no one really knew about". The team purchased a field guide on Tasmanian mammals and selected the wombat, potoroo and bandicoot as options.

I already know about that.

I'm talking about Iconic status that holds value for today. Not the Idea behind his creation at the time of his Prime. Before this game, nobody ever thought about Crash. Why? Cause it has been tough for him and Spyro before Skylanders.They ended up as hasbeens of what they used to be. This could also be applied to Sonic 06 and the Storybook series, but after a while Sonic has been doing better.

The main point is, if this game was never announced, Crash wouldn't have rekindled interest. And he would have potentially been dead IF no one did anything about it.

Message 28 of 44 (61 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1163 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 3, 2012

BladeXTails wrote:

Ferkel11 wrote:

BladeXTails wrote:

Ferkel11 wrote:

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:

I see you arnt a fan.

He isn't.

I already know about that.

I'm talking about Iconic status that holds value for today. Not the Idea behind his creation at the time of his Prime. Before this game, nobody ever thought about Crash. Why? Cause it has been tough for him and Spyro before Skylanders.They ended up as hasbeens of what they used to be. This could also be applied to Sonic 06 and the Storybook series, but after a while Sonic has been doing better.

The main point is, if this game was never announced, Crash wouldn't have rekindled interest. And he would have potentially been dead IF no one did anything about it.

I still cared about Crash,and a lot of people did.I am playing all games over and over again.I was searching for Crash,when I found this game.So Crash is the reason I know about this game.But I see you dont understand.

Message 29 of 44 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
625 posts

Nov 3, 2012
Maybe I should have said Bowser...Nearly their entire list is 1st party. It's a bit difficult to think of a character that their exclusion would make the game feel like it's missing something. There are plenty of characters in SSB where their inclusion wouldn't matter or make the game better (ex: Sonic) Crash's exclusion from PSAS doesn't make the game better or worse but it does feel like something is missing. He was one of PS's biggest stars after all. There are many characters that can be included, just like Crash and maybe it felt that way for some people when the first SSB came out.

(idk I'm being dumb, sorry)
Message 30 of 44 (41 Views)
0 Likes