PlayStation MVP
6396 posts

Re: Identity conflict the main cause for poor sales of PASBR

Nov 27, 2012
So sony forgot about Sly eh? Yeah there is totally not a Sly 4 coming out or anything.
Message 11 of 23 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Nov 27, 2012
Really ? I brought my die hard Smash fan friends to play the game and although some were very sceptical & slow to ease up to the game (save for a few who are more open minded/own PS3s or Vitas & bought the game), they really enjoyed it. Had a huge tournament night with two monitors (two 4 player games running on each) and we had a blast learning the movesets, mastering the characters etc. I think we'll be playing the game just as much as SSBB & SSBM now if not more (until the next SSB entry releases).
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 12 of 23 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1659 posts

Nov 27, 2012

I'm not saying they didn't have fun (even if not as much as with Brawl obviously, and they're not fans of neither of those, they're casual gamers), but they simply said it was much more easier to play. Yeah sure characters have more moves (not that much anyway) but all the rest is extremely simplified. And after an hour of play, we got bored and went back to Smash.

Message 13 of 23 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Nov 27, 2012
Hmm, fair enough. I think once you play one straight after the other, the differences seem way more apparent lol. It actually made me want to play with the lower tier characters of SSBB just for the sake of changing up the formula (usually just main 2 characters).
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 14 of 23 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
568 posts

Nov 27, 2012

Lol.. I thought this thread was about me.. xD

Quoted from Zeothedeathgod aka mr. Optimistic: ''i am a bit disappointed by the roster''
Another Zeo quote: ''They should really have chosen a different roster''
Quoted from mtjjrstccw1 aka mr. Anger: ''my rage is shifted towards identity now''
Message 15 of 23 (118 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 27, 2012

I never really found smash entertaining. Why? Because I don't like Nintendo's character roster. Nintendo's games have never held any interest to me. Every modern LoZ game is basically the same, with slightly updated graphics and a story that's basically "Link you're destined to save X". Mario 64 was the only mario game I enjoyed playing. And I enjoyed Star Fox, but I hate the feel of the characters' movesets in SSB. However, PSASBA has a very diverse character list from a lot of games I love playing.

I never played brawl competitively, so I can't really judge how PSASBA compares. But overall the flavor of All Stars is better. When you see a characters moveset, you can look back at the game they came from and see exactly where that move came from, save for a few characters (Toro, Fat Princess). I can only say that about a few characters in SSB, and all of them are main Nintendo characters. SSb also makes little effort to really diversify its movesets between characters from the same series (Mario/Luigi, Fox/Falco, Link/Young Link, Pikachu/Pichu), the only case that All stars does something similar is with Good/Evil cole.

But honestly, to call someone a casual gamer because they're having fun with a video game is kinda silly... After all Brawl is on the Wii...

Message 16 of 23 (114 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Nov 27, 2012

i find this post kind of moot and not thought out ...

Message 17 of 23 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Nov 27, 2012
Black Ops 2.
Too many video games were released around the same time and not everyone has the money or time to invest in multiple video games.
Message 18 of 23 (106 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
977 posts

Nov 27, 2012
Sales aren't poor. They're okay.
Message 19 of 23 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
547 posts

Nov 27, 2012
My friends list is almost full, and I'm the only idiot playing this game. I even tried to give my brother my download code, and he refused. Sales are poor because the game is.
Message 20 of 23 (73 Views)
0 Likes