Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 02 2014
By: Just--Tank SCEA 415 posts

Ideas To Improve The #PS-AllStars Community

Playstation Staff
328 replies 3310 views Edited Mar 2, 2014

Hey folks,

First, the purpose of this thread is NOT TO ASK FOR ANY GAMEPLAY PATCH UPDATES, so please DO NOT SUGGEST ANY IDEA THAT WOULD REQUIRE A PATCH =) We're already working on the balance patch as you know.

That being said, communities don't stand on gameplay support alone, and in fact, the best out there stand on the success of passionate players bonding together for events, forums, etc.

My question to you is - what type of efforts can WE at Santa Monica Studio attempt to improve the "fun" or "competition" here?

I cannot promise ANY ideas will be realistically achievable, but I would like to see your ideas. What will keep you playing PS All-Stars in the months ahead? What would you like to see more from us, if anything specific?

Once again, no patch requests or "fix this". I'm looking for non-game-fixing-balance-adjusting ideas, from you. I'd like to see what is on everyone's mind.

Thanks!

Aaron

Follow me @Just_Tank and @SonySantaMonica

Every day is community day!
Message 1 of 329 (3,310 Views)
Splicer
40 posts

Re: Ideas To Improve The #PS-AllStars Community

Mar 2, 2014
Im hoping these are possible through server side updates

How about increasing the kill limit from 5 to 8 for 2v2 mode?

And removing items and hazards from ranked?
Message 2 of 329 (3,191 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Mar 2, 2014

Fix the dam netcode! Give us a 1v1 mode! Let us ban and stage strike online! Host migration! Just do it all!

Message 3 of 329 (3,168 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
327 posts

Mar 2, 2014

Participation rewards for entering in tourneys.

)_)
This thread has run its course and will now be locked.
Message 4 of 329 (3,146 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Mar 2, 2014

I think Sora was a bit over looked, it would be really cool if kingdom hearts 1 or 2 Sora was installed. If it was Kingdom Hearts 1 Sora his supers could be

Level 1- Strike raid or Slide Dash

Level 2- Ragnarok

Level 3- Trinity Limit

For Kingdom Hearts 2 Sora his could be

Level 1- Any move from KH 1 or magic

Level 2- Limit Breaker

Level 3- He can transform into any of his 4 forms with the right analog stick having a different form for each direction.

Message 5 of 329 (3,132 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1357 posts

Mar 2, 2014
make ranked stock with no items

sig

Message 6 of 329 (3,112 Views)
Wastelander
497 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 2, 2014

Appreciate the effort you're putting in now. I see what you're trying to achieve tank, and its very kind of you. I'm not sure if its possible to make my suggestion into real play, ill inform you anyways. I might get hated on for this, but I'm going to compare this to smash bros real quick. Smash bros has a great offline scene because of two reasons, its fun to play and fun to watch. Even though all stars is fun to play, it isn't that fun to watch in the offline scene. I think the reason why is because in the gameplay, the camera is way too zoomed out focusing on the backgrounds of the map rather than the actual fighters. The obvious solution to this would be to have the camera more zoomed in onto the characters. The reason why is because every time I'm playing in the offline scene with my friends, the people who are watching say that it is too confusing to watch and don't know what is going on in the match. They actually just talk about what is happening in the background of the map rather than the actual gameplay. Hopefully this idea will be taken into play.

Message 7 of 329 (3,099 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11443 posts

Mar 2, 2014
I honestly can't think of anything. We've got online tourneys down pat, offline scene is up and coming and you guys already support/supported that.

But honestly, just an increased official SSM presence. Just a post or a thread from you Tank or someone from SSM, every now and then. They wouldn't even have to be anything remotely special, I would just find it immensely reassuring to be reminded that we are not the red-headed stepchild of the SSM family.

In these past 2 days we have seen unprecedented amounts of communication, yet I'm worried that once this renewed vigor on your part begins to wane, we'll be dropped into another month or two of communcation blackout.

R.I.P. Off-Topic.                  "Eerrrm."   -BRIT-KO, on the topic of 'johngie'.
04/09/2014 - Never Forget

Message 8 of 329 (3,092 Views)
PlayStation MVP
6393 posts

Mar 2, 2014
Got to agree with johngie here. That much would be fine. It would be cool for SSM to hold a singles/doubles tourney in Cali, but that is all I can think of otherwise.
Message 9 of 329 (3,033 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1620 posts

Mar 2, 2014

johngie wrote:
I honestly can't think of anything. We've got online tourneys down pat, offline scene is up and coming and you guys already support/supported that.

But honestly, just an increased official SSM presence. Just a post or a thread from you Tank or someone from SSM, every now and then. They wouldn't even have to be anything remotely special, I would just find it immensely reassuring to be reminded that we are not the red-headed stepchild of the SSM family.

In these past 2 days we have seen unprecedented amounts of communication, yet I'm worried that once this renewed vigor on your part begins to wane, we'll be dropped into another month or two of communcation blackout.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Dante
Message 10 of 329 (3,031 Views)