Oct 27 2012
By: bond2e2 Sackboy 459 posts

Idea to fix Spamming of moves!

5 replies 79 views Edited Oct 27, 2012

What if whenever a player continuously does the same move over and over again they start to get less and less AP for that move. This way the game forces players to keep changing their play style and learn all of the moves that their player can do. Once a player does a different move the player will start to get the normal amount of AP for the move that they were spamming. I am not sure how many moves in a row would make a player start gaining less AP with that move, but I think it would be a way to prevent people from say sitting in a corner and sniping the entire game.

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 6 (79 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Re: Idea to fix Spamming of moves!

Oct 27, 2012

Not very effective when it comes to longer games. A 3 minute match, sure. A 10-15 minute game, no. Radec, for example, has four or so moves that are essential to any play style. Diverse movesets like Kratos would inevitably become more powerful later in the match. If a move is used MANY times in rapid succession, a temporary drop may be nice, however.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 2 of 6 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
459 posts

Oct 27, 2012
Yeah i was thinking about that too... idk if they did a system like that it would have to be set up very carefully.
Message 3 of 6 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Oct 27, 2012

I remember Brawl having this system, but it was not noticeable to me. Any substantial shift in AP would not help the game

Message 4 of 6 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Oct 27, 2012

bob-maul wrote:

Not very effective when it comes to longer games. A 3 minute match, sure. A 10-15 minute game, no. Radec, for example, has four or so moves that are essential to any play style. Diverse movesets like Kratos would inevitably become more powerful later in the match. If a move is used MANY times in rapid succession, a temporary drop may be nice, however.

Radec's entire moveset is quite useful actually...People just don't know how useful because they only only spam 1-2 of his moves. Radec's Sniper Shot is overrated honestly (still a good move, just not something that should be spammed)...Radec overall is a very good character throughout his entire moveset.

Message 5 of 6 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Oct 27, 2012

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Radec's entire moveset is quite useful actually...People just don't know how useful because they only only spam 1-2 of his moves. Radec's Sniper Shot is overrated honestly (still a good move, just not something that should be spammed)...Radec overall is a very good character throughout his entire moveset.

It is quite useful. BUT- Can you play one match and win without using triangle, forward triangle, forward XX, or circle a lot? Depending on who you are playing against, it will not be the most effective approach

Message 6 of 6 (55 Views)
0 Likes