Jan 01 2013
By: Wakefulness I Only Post Everything 1306 posts

Idea for cross-controller: CPU + GOD MODE (dlc)

7 replies 589 views Edited Jan 1, 2013

Hi everyone!

Since LBP2 cross-controller just launched, it would be cool to see some varation of cross-controller on All-Stars.

My pitch for cross-controller would be a mode where the VITA player will not actually be playing as the character in the menu but will pick a CPU representative. In this cross-controller dlc, the VITA player can basically be in god mode and (on the VITA display) switch map hazards on/off, switch AP generation to between lowest to highest, enable certain item(s) to generate in the world, and even make other players dissapear at any given moment (for a short time). 

The match-limit can be choosen like normal (i.e. stock,  time, kills). It would be best if it's free-for-all (for obvious reasons). This feature would be pretty unique because in almost any other fighting game, God mode would not be nearly as fun but here you get to use the second display and it would be a super crazy fun mechanic to add on for those few that have a VITA, PS3, a couple of friends and a copy of the game.

Not sure what would constitute competetive balance in this mode, other than your friends punching you for being too much of a jerk while you play god mode on your VITA.

What do you think? Do you folks have any good cross-controller ideas?

Message 1 of 8 (589 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Re: Idea for cross-controller: CPU + GOD MODE (dlc)

Jan 5, 2013

Hey guys, I just talked to a friends dad at SuperBot and he said he will make this tommorrow just for my friends and mines VITA.

/s

Message 2 of 8 (547 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3239 posts

Jan 5, 2013
Ha.... Ha.... HA HAHA !!!!!! I mean your whole cross controller idea is cool with the hazards and item options but I'm laughing at your lat comment. Not sure if serious or trolling.

MAY THE SQUARE DRIVE YOUR BLADES KRATOS!
Currently playing: FF14, MGSV, Witcher 3.
Message 3 of 8 (533 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Jan 5, 2013
Nobody notices the /s .__.
Message 4 of 8 (531 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Jan 9, 2013

littlejcr wrote:
Ha.... Ha.... HA HAHA !!!!!! I mean your whole cross controller idea is cool with the hazards and item options but I'm laughing at your lat comment. Not sure if serious or trolling.

It was a satire of people that say the same kinda crap on playgrounds. 

Honestly, I have no idea if this kinda idea will ever get made, but I hope it does. Glad you like it, dude! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8 (495 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Jan 9, 2013

DannyX13 wrote:
Nobody notices the /s .__.

Should I make the font bigger? Hehe.

Message 6 of 8 (493 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Jan 9, 2013
Being in god mode doesn't sound fun to me, I don't like my games too easy so I'll pass, interesting suggestion though, Capcom did a cheat mode for Dead Rising Off The Record so why not?
Message 7 of 8 (488 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Jan 10, 2013

ThatOneGuy39 wrote:
Being in god mode doesn't sound fun to me, I don't like my games too easy so I'll pass, interesting suggestion though, Capcom did a cheat mode for Dead Rising Off The Record so why not?

It's mor ethan just being in god mode. You are actually relying on your CPU to be competitive while controlling certain variables.

So, this is more like a board game mechanic meets fighting/brawling game engine (where you control stuff on the VITA display). If that makes any more sense.

Message 8 of 8 (463 Views)
0 Likes