Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Re: Idea for Sweet Tooth's level 2

Feb 26, 2013

CruizD wrote:

BeigeMage wrote:

It's hands down the worst lvl2 in the game but I believe the developers knew what they were doing. They made it function the way they did because it's true to the game. In Twisted Metal there's a nuke mode in which you manually pilot a small warhead. Or it could be a take off of Vermin's special from Twisted Metal which is also a piloted rocket and Vermin even makes a cameo in the Time Chamber stage.

Furthermore, it's likely so bad a super to balance his epic lvl3. It being so terrible acts like a risk and reward system for anyone who dares try for the Sweetbot.

I have no heard so much rubbish in my life.... his lvl 2 sucks becuase his lvl 3 is s good?

Firstly, his lvl 3 is actually not that difficult to evade if you are close in.

Secondly, the only viable way his lvl 3 is useful is if you are going for it from the start of the match. If you are not and you accidently get a lvl 2 well kiss any chance you had at winning the match goodbye.

That is how bad his lvl 2 is... it can literally be your death sentence when you get it., esepcially on ranked.

normally lvl 2 being bad for lvl 3 being good is ordinarily the trade off...but i agree that the lvl 3 is really tough to get, it makes me wonder why kratos lvl 3 is so easy but sweet tooth isn't when they have the sam odds of being dodged...

Message 11 of 17 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
202 posts

Feb 26, 2013
It may seem odd, but if you have his Level 2, RUN RIGHT INTO THE 'COMBAT BALL' and activate/detonate. It's your only chance of maybe getting a triple kill, if everyone's packed in closely enough. I know it totally defeats the purpose of having a remote-controlled missile, but it's the only realistic way. Plus, you shouldn't have to worry about getting countered with a Level 1 or anything because it should explode instantly.
Message 12 of 17 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2013

shadow9531 wrote:
His nuke would be better if it was the cheapest level 2 in the game.

Make it 225ap or something and it trades in multiple level 1 kills for an easier to land single or double kill depending.

Actually I think lowering it's cost would be a hindrance to Sweet Tooth. With lvl2 needing only 225AP, he could only stack 2 lvl1's at a time and just one shotgun blast would put him over the edge. He would spend much more time between lvl2 and lvl3 than he does now and as far as I'm concerned any time inside lvl2 range is time during which I can't kill.

mtjjrstccw1 wrote:
I've actually gotten good with using Sweet Tooth's lvl 2, when I get it, i knock opponents into the air because if it touches you in the air, even if you dodged, your dead, its too big to dodge

Yeah it is much easier to set up than a lvl1 and you can pin point a single character. For those reasons it's best used in 1v1 when you are having trouble landing a lvl1. Other than that it has no redeemable qualities. Even if you run into a crowd to launch it you can get a *max* of 3 kills with it for the 450 AP it requires. However, if you instead used that 450 AP as 4 lvl1's you'll net between 4 and 12 kills. And still have 50 AP left over.

CruizD wrote:

BeigeMage wrote:

It's hands down the worst lvl2 in the game but I believe the developers knew what they were doing. They made it function the way they did because it's true to the game. In Twisted Metal there's a nuke mode in which you manually pilot a small warhead. Or it could be a take off of Vermin's special from Twisted Metal which is also a piloted rocket and Vermin even makes a cameo in the Time Chamber stage.

Furthermore, it's likely so bad a super to balance his epic lvl3. It being so terrible acts like a risk and reward system for anyone who dares try for the Sweetbot.

I have no heard so much rubbish in my life.... his lvl 2 sucks becuase his lvl 3 is s good?

Firstly, his lvl 3 is actually not that difficult to evade if you are close in.

Secondly, the only viable way his lvl 3 is useful is if you are going for it from the start of the match. If you are not and you accidently get a lvl 2 well kiss any chance you had at winning the match goodbye.

That is how bad his lvl 2 is... it can literally be your death sentence when you get it., esepcially on ranked.

That's exactly the point. It *is* punishment. Lvl2 is the risk you're taking when going to lvl3. As for the effectiveness of Sweetbot I discussed that in an earlier post in this thread. Look it up first if you're going to dispute.

normally lvl 2 being bad for lvl 3 being good is ordinarily the trade off...but i agree that the lvl 3 is really tough to get, it makes me wonder why kratos lvl 3 is so easy but sweet tooth isn't when they have the sam odds of being dodged...

Both of their lvl3's cost 750AP but Sweet Tooth's lasts noticably longer.

0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Feb 26, 2013
As someone said earlier, if you're getting level ones all match, and then accidentally get his level 2, you might as well stop trying to get kills. His level 2 is too weak compared to other level 2s and even if by some chance you do get his level 3 (which you probably won't depending on how many level 1s you used) you probably won't get that many kills either.
Message 14 of 17 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Feb 26, 2013

Yeah it's good to practice with the missle incase that happens so you can maaximize your kills when that happens. Whenever I accidentaly reach lvl2 I seek out stage hazzards to drop me back down. But again, it's supposed to be weak. If it were good there'd be no risk involved in trying to get Sweetbot.

0 Likes
Fender Bender
3946 posts

Feb 26, 2013

I main Emmit and his 2 is pretty terrible, too

Message 16 of 17 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Feb 26, 2013

Blzzrd wrote:

I main Emmit and his 2 is pretty terrible, too

It's actually pretty good if you got 3 players in a corner. 

I'm through playin games!
Message 17 of 17 (47 Views)
0 Likes