Feb 25 2013
By: KiDMachTwo Wastelander 579 posts

Idea for Sweet Tooth's level 2

16 replies 390 views Edited Feb 25, 2013

So, I've been playing Sweet Tooth the past few days, and I gotta say, I cry on the inside when i hear my meter yell "Level 2!". I forgot to use my ones, now im stuck with a terrible super...

But, I think it can be approved. Make it a mix of toros and emmets. Have the rocket fly up, then come directly down the middle of the screen, with a blast radius the same size as toros, maybe a little bigger because its harder to get.

PSN: SlyZoneCooper
Mains: Big Daddy, Sweet Tooth
Learning: Ratchet, Sir Daniel
Message 1 of 17 (390 Views)
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Re: Idea for Sweet Tooth's level 2

Feb 25, 2013
I'd rather it be a mix of sackboys and Toro's. Pick an area that he wants to bomb then it comes down from the sky and kills everyone in that area
Message 2 of 17 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1411 posts

Feb 25, 2013

i only go for his level 2 if i know for a fact that i am way ahead of the other players

Look at 0:22 in this video

Thats how big the blast radius should be

That or make controlling the rocket actually possible!

photo newcolesigtest_zps63cc5eb3.png
Message 3 of 17 (371 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Feb 25, 2013

It's hands down the worst lvl2 in the game but I believe the developers knew what they were doing. They made it function the way they did because it's true to the game. In Twisted Metal there's a nuke mode in which you manually pilot a small warhead. Or it could be a take off of Vermin's special from Twisted Metal which is also a piloted rocket and Vermin even makes a cameo in the Time Chamber stage.

Furthermore, it's likely so bad a super to balance his epic lvl3. It being so terrible acts like a risk and reward system for anyone who dares try for the Sweetbot.

0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Feb 25, 2013

BeigeMage wrote:

Furthermore, it's likely so bad a super to balance his epic lvl3.

What is this "epic level 3" you seem to think Sweet Tooth has?

Message 5 of 17 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
273 posts

Feb 25, 2013
sweettooths lvl 2 should be like sacks and toros i agree.
just manually select where to launch the rocket and have it come down rapidly or something.

i can't tell you how many times i was killed trying to land a lvl 2. trying to pilot the **bleep** rocket is so hard and its so slow. it leaves him so vulnerable until the rocket explodes cause it travels so slow. when i get my lvl 2, i usually run into map hazards if any.

if controlling the rocket was what they were aiming for, it would be better as a level three super and give him a different lvl 2. perhaps turn him into a van and run over ppl like parappa for his lvl 2.
make his level three kinda like radec/ratchet/sly where you control a few nukes at players from an eagle view or something.
Message 6 of 17 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Feb 25, 2013

TrashCrap wrote:

BeigeMage wrote:

Furthermore, it's likely so bad a super to balance his epic lvl3.

What is this "epic level 3" you seem to think Sweet Tooth has?

I know what you're getting at, and sure the Sweetbot can be evaded but so can any super. Just like Kratos' or Radec's lvl3 if you let yourself be distracted by the one guy who's avoiding you, you'll miss out on all the other kills. Using it requires skill just like any other, only it lasts MUCH longer. Only Nariko's lvl3 lasts as long. As I'm sure you know this allows either of them to get a max of 9 kills. By faking out the people that camp around his feet, and shooting those that respawn, 6 kills (the max for others) is the low end of his kill count.

black_dhalsim wrote:
sweettooths lvl 2 should be like sacks and toros i agree.
just manually select where to launch the rocket and have it come down rapidly or something.

i can't tell you how many times i was killed trying to land a lvl 2. trying to pilot the **bleep** rocket is so hard and its so slow. it leaves him so vulnerable until the rocket explodes cause it travels so slow. when i get my lvl 2, i usually run into map hazards if any.

if controlling the rocket was what they were aiming for, it would be better as a level three super and give him a different lvl 2. perhaps turn him into a van and run over ppl like parappa for his lvl 2.
make his level three kinda like radec/ratchet/sly where you control a few nukes at players from an eagle view or something.

But that's exactly why the Sweetbot was a good idea. They already had two characters (and now 3) with a big falling explosion and a few with run around and kill for a bit lvl2's. All 3 of ST's supers are unique.

A point I should make to both of you is that his lvl3 is crap in 1v1 which is where his lvl2 shines. As much as it can anyway. If some one has proven very difficult to kill with a lvl1, the nuke is the answer. Since it can detonate on command and follow enemies around it's better for those elusive ones. It also has much easier set ups.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
616 posts

Feb 25, 2013
His nuke would be better if it was the cheapest level 2 in the game.

Make it 225ap or something and it trades in multiple level 1 kills for an easier to land single or double kill depending.
Message 8 of 17 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5383 posts

Feb 25, 2013
I've actually gotten good with using Sweet Tooth's lvl 2, when I get it, i knock opponents into the air because if it touches you in the air, even if you dodged, your dead, its too big to dodge
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 9 of 17 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
38 posts

Feb 25, 2013

BeigeMage wrote:

It's hands down the worst lvl2 in the game but I believe the developers knew what they were doing. They made it function the way they did because it's true to the game. In Twisted Metal there's a nuke mode in which you manually pilot a small warhead. Or it could be a take off of Vermin's special from Twisted Metal which is also a piloted rocket and Vermin even makes a cameo in the Time Chamber stage.

Furthermore, it's likely so bad a super to balance his epic lvl3. It being so terrible acts like a risk and reward system for anyone who dares try for the Sweetbot.

I have no heard so much rubbish in my life.... his lvl 2 sucks becuase his lvl 3 is s good?

Firstly, his lvl 3 is actually not that difficult to evade if you are close in.

Secondly, the only viable way his lvl 3 is useful is if you are going for it from the start of the match. If you are not and you accidently get a lvl 2 well kiss any chance you had at winning the match goodbye.

That is how bad his lvl 2 is... it can literally be your death sentence when you get it., esepcially on ranked.

Message 10 of 17 (239 Views)