Highlighted
Nov 13 2012
By: LightMaul First Son 6 posts

Icons with number of player

[ Edited ]
8 replies 250 views Edited Nov 13, 2012

Whether in the game options some option to disable display part of HUD, namely icons with numbers of players, located above heads of the characters?
In beta we not have access to the options, so I could not see if there is an option, and technical support staff did not answer me this question.
I want to pre-order this game, but before that I would like to get an answer to this question, then to not be disappointed if I'll be not satisfied with the answer.

Seriously! We don't stupid, we KNOW WHO OF US IS WHO! Why do developers need to make these silly labels?
Here is a two screenshots - first with this stupid icons ( http://cs304714.userapi.com/v304714906/3bed/zXzQ_QlWu6c.jpg ) and second without that ( http://cs304714.userapi.com/v304714906/3bf6/57-nAEv0Pzk.jpg ). Which image is better?

Message 1 of 9 (250 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1147 posts

Re: Icons with number of player

Nov 13, 2012

Good luck when there's more than 2 of the same character.

Message 2 of 9 (235 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Nov 13, 2012

in beta we can't choose two same characters/

Message 3 of 9 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1087 posts

Nov 13, 2012
I actually don't mind the 1P/2P/3P/4P icons, but maybe it's just because I'm so used to them appearing in Smash.

As Levi_Skardsen said, though, you definitely need them when it comes to duplicate characters. You'll also need them for sure when playing on the Vita, where it's harder to see all the players on the smaller screen.
Message 4 of 9 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
863 posts

Nov 13, 2012
In beta you could choose 2 of the same character.... what on earth are you talking about.
Message 5 of 9 (189 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1147 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Gorgeous_Black wrote:
In beta you could choose 2 of the same character.... what on earth are you talking about.

Unfortunately, I believe English is not the primary language of the OP. I'm not sure what he's getting at either. Hell, I went into a match that was all Radec's. I won, naturally.

Message 6 of 9 (180 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012

Yep, English is not my primary language, but i understand all words written here.

I played in beta with my friend  - two on one PS3, and we can't choose same character.
I'm interested in this issue because I plan to play with four friends on the same console.
And i asking NOT ABOUT DELETING that icons - I'm asking about options for deleting that (for some players, which don't want see that numbers)

Message 7 of 9 (165 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1147 posts

Nov 13, 2012

LightMaul wrote:

Yep, English is not my primary language, but i understand all words written here.

I played in beta with my friend  - two on one PS3, and we can't choose same character.
I'm interested in this issue because I plan to play with four friends on the same console.
And i asking NOT ABOUT DELETING that icons - I'm asking about options for deleting that (for some players, which don't want see that numbers)

I don't know why you couldn't select the same character because I and many others were able to.

I've never really heard of anyone wanting the the player indicators to be removed, so I doubt it will be an option. Your best bet would be to tweet either Seth Killian or Clockwork about it.

Message 8 of 9 (153 Views)
First Son
21 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Yeah you can definitely pick the same characters. I did many 2v2s where my opponents were double Kratos. Likewise I've been in many free-for-alls where EVERYONE was Kratos.

In any case, there -could- be an option to disable them, but I'm not sure. I do know the game has a lot of customization options, even some I wouldn't have expected. Like the option to select if you want or don't want to display the score during the fight, for example.

Not really understanding why it's all that important though, admittedly.

Message 9 of 9 (144 Views)
0 Likes