Wastelander
781 posts

Re: Iconic characters who happen to be female.

Dec 26, 2012

Augustus_04 wrote:
stop requesting lara croft.. the team of the new game said, lara will NEVER be in allstars, so why do you still want this b itch? was she ever cool`?

Link to where they said this? As i recall all they did was give a rude reply when one of their reps said we have a big announcement about one of our games coming up, and someone asked if it was lara in PSAS. God i love how this forum takes things wayyyyyyy overboard.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official Paramedic of the PSAS Forums bunker.
Message 11 of 34 (126 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 26, 2012

@Augustus_04 I'm not requesting her, I'm using her as an example of an iconic character who happens to be female. Too many people are simply wanting a character in based on the fact they are just female even if they aren't iconic, hell people keep requesting a lot of lesser known side characters from games next to a more iconic main character just because they're female.

Message 12 of 34 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Dec 26, 2012

Augustus_04 wrote:
stop requesting lara croft.. the team of the new game said, lara will NEVER be in allstars, so why do you still want this b itch? was she ever cool`?

I dunno, people always seem to compare Tomb Raider to Uncharted. But you know what, they're not quite the same.
Uncharted took notes from PoP: The Sands of Time Trilogy, implementing climbing and camera controls that actually WORK.
I won't deny that the character and games are iconic, rather that the games just haven't aged well.

That being said, the new game looks really promising if a little um... "torture-y". 

As for my own suggestions... Meryl (Metal Gear) and Tifa (FFVII)?
meryltifa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 13 of 34 (116 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
928 posts

Dec 26, 2012
honstely, the new game looks 1:1 like uncharted. imagine how uncharted would look like, if chloe was the character.. like te new tomb raider.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 34 (112 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
670 posts

Dec 26, 2012

BloodRayne, Ivy Valentine and Ellen is all I can think of for now. Use to be Kat but now she's on her way.

Message 15 of 34 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Dec 26, 2012

Augustus_04 wrote:
honstely, the new game looks 1:1 like uncharted. imagine how uncharted would look like, if chloe was the character.. like te new tomb raider.

Not quite, they seem to be pushing for the M-rating. The atmosphere certainly seems a lot darker and the protagonist more vulnerable and human.

Also hunting in the woods with bow & arrows? That echoes Snake Eater, and when has any semblance of Snake Eater not made something better?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 16 of 34 (106 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Dec 26, 2012

Augustus_04 wrote:

wow, how immature, first off im going to explain why people still want lara crpoft one

1-she was the playstations female icon

2-inspired a lot of games(uncharted)

3-she would have a cool moveset (if it were classic lara)

4-how are you gonna tell someone to stop requesting a character they want, even if the company said no, thats just rude of you.

[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Message 17 of 34 (98 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 26, 2012
@Augustus_04 So? The new Devil May Cry and Heavenly Sword both echoe God of War yet Kratos, the new Dante and Nariko are in the game. Toro has movesets that echoes Heihachis own moves for one of his stances and they're both in it

It's only looking similar to uncharted because Uncharted borrowed a similar platforming model to the original tomb raiders and both games have this very polished look about them using the PS3's graphics capabilities.

That doesn't make Lara as a character any less iconic over the years, the Tomb Raider games were some of the most popular and memorable games on the PS1 and while some of her titles on PS2 were not as great some of them still stood out and Lara as a character became more popular.
Message 18 of 34 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 26, 2012
When it wasn't snake eater. because that was a good game.

this is me helping
Message 19 of 34 (89 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 26, 2012
@ScreamKing09 If you read my original post you'd have noticed that Lara being in the game for the fact she is female is a bad reason for her being, she's iconic in her own right and simply happens to be female and I just dislike when people argue that simply being female is a reason enough for a character to be in whether they are iconic or not.

That and I wasn't even requesting Lara I was only using her aswell as Amaterasu, Lightning and Etna as examples of iconic characters who just happen to be female, it's not really a defining thing about the character they're iconic in their own right regardless their gender or appearance.
Message 20 of 34 (87 Views)
0 Likes