Oct 05 2012
By: ghost_nappa4 I Only Post Everything 1104 posts

IGN is with us/Review and sales predictions

29 replies 801 views Edited Oct 5, 2012

IGN's playstation crew is in complete support of this game. They are going to play to see who gets to review the game. Gameinformer is a pro Nintendo/PC magazine so they were fairly negative and it didnt even make their E3 hot 50. Not sure about others. So what type rebiews do you think it will get? I think a 9.3 from IGN, a 8.25 from GI, and the metacritic will be around mid 80s.I think it will sell a couple million Kudos if you agree or post what you think.

This is relevant to my inetrest
Message 1 of 30 (801 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Re: IGN is with us/Review and sales predictions

Oct 5, 2012
I agree ign is one of the few gaming sites that actually are looking at this game correctly. I'm guessing a little above 9 from them because of their new 100 point scale. Most other places will rate it badly because they will say it tries to copy smash and fails. They will ignore that it is ridiculously fun! So meta critic probably about 75. Hopefully in the 80s but I doubt it

Message 2 of 30 (775 Views)
I Only Post Everything
832 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Overall critics' score: 80-90

Overall users' score: Middling/low cuz we all know fanboys are gonna be bombing the scores

Overall rational users' score: 85-90

Overall sales performance: 3-5 million

Personal score: TBD

Message 3 of 30 (762 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Video Games reviewers can be "cynic" they are smart and should realize how the super system is so different from SSB. Also they have to play the game for a set amount of time and I think they will realize how the good is
This is relevant to my inetrest
Message 4 of 30 (757 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Day 1 will have a lot of the so called "gamers" who play the wait and see game. week 2 will sell more as they hear more and more about the incredible gameplay, character unlockables, and replayability. nintendo fanboys will rage will secretly playing the game like hardcore fans. u didnt hear this from me but PSAS will even convert some of the smash fans O_O shhhhhhhhh

Message 5 of 30 (756 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
756 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Are you kidding. I'm expecting at the most a 7 nothing more nothing less. If the online is good enough then it might get an 8. I can see some reviewers getting really angry at the roster. Heck I'm gonna give an impression on the game on youtube when it comes out, and even I know I'm gonna give it a -1 point because some of the roster is weirdly chosen, and my not be liked by your casual Playstation fan.

You have to remember that when reviewing not EVERYONE who purchases the game is a 100% legit fan of it, which is why I usually give games 2 scores in my reviews. One for the target audience of the game and another one for the random dude who's just interested in it.

Message 6 of 30 (670 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Well any random dude who sees it and buys it with no expectations will love it for the game play, I know that.

Message 7 of 30 (642 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1540 posts

Oct 5, 2012
id say ign 9.0 game informer like 5.5 (blind hating)
Message 8 of 30 (585 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1540 posts

Oct 5, 2012
and oh god the metacritic store.. haha
Message 9 of 30 (584 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
489 posts

Oct 5, 2012

I say: 

IGN review: between 8 and 9.2

Metacritic score: low 80s

Sales: 1.5-2 million

IGN (yeah, deal with it rest of the internet. I agree with a lot of their reviews) and Destructoid are typically my go-to's when it comes to game reviews. They have both been looking at this game favorably too. 

The game has a problem with a lot of general gamers (and to an extent, some video game jouranlists) for being a bad Smash Bros clone. That will certainly be reflected in their review scores. 

Also, so far Sony is only promoting this game at trade shows and then hope that word of mouth will spread around. They need to advertise the hell out of this come the two weeks prior to release and the two weeks of/and following launch. 

Message 10 of 30 (525 Views)
0 Likes