Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
458 posts

Re: IGN Review Countdown

Nov 20, 2012
Im seeing a 7.5 or a 7. I'd like it to get an 8.5 or a 9, but with Paralyzed A.I., lack of variety in game modes and useless unlocks, SuperBot sealed their fate for this game. I'm still excited and I wouldn't care about the review scores, my opinion matters most.
"I'm the bad guy......I'm fine with that."
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 18 (149 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Nov 20, 2012

I want to see the review scores just to see them.  I cancelled my preorder at Newegg for $48 and preordered at Gamestop because how much I want to play this game.  If I kept my preorder at Newegg I wouldn't see it for a week.  Add the additional $5 in gas for me going out of my way to pick it up, so I'm spending $20 extra, but it's totally worth it.

I invested a lot of time in the beta.  It was so fun. 

I usually don't trust review scores and I was kind of screwed recently on not only falling into the hype of Assassin's Creed 3, but believing the bloated review scores.  I don't see how the game got a 9/10 almost everywhere.  It's a huge disappointment.  This could have been any other game. 

The point is, don't fall for a high review score.  Many of my favorite games this gen didn't get super great scores, but still better in my opinion than those that did.  If you're not sure about a video game, I'd suggest using Gamefaqs to find what actual readers thought about the game and then Youtube and watching video game walkthroughs to tell whether you're interested or not.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 18 (139 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Nov 20, 2012
I want the review scores to be good for the overall success of the game. Sheesh, I don't even care if Sony pays of reviewers to give it high scoring reviews, I just want this to sell enough to warrant more DLC and a sequel.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 18 (132 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Nov 20, 2012

I've had a pretty crazy love hate relationship with IGN. I've gone through the whole "you can't spell ignorant without IGN" phase and then a few days later, won't even consider touching a game until I've read IGNs thoughts on it. Overall I've really grown to respect and appreciate IGN, and I think their going to give an amazing review of Allstars. They expressed th same concerns a lot of us had at first. The supers concept, the no percentages, stuff like that. But after spending time with it, Colin and Greg Miller rave about this game. I'm very excitedtoo watch their review.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 18 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Nov 20, 2012

They've been hanging with SuperBot alot lately. If they give them a low score after all that praise they gave with Omar sitting next to them it's kind of like a low blow. 

No more Super SuperBot Sleepover parties for IGN staff

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 18 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Nov 20, 2012

hushM0UTH12 wrote:
Im seeing a 7.5 or a 7. I'd like it to get an 8.5 or a 9, but with Paralyzed A.I., lack of variety in game modes and useless unlocks, SuperBot sealed their fate for this game. I'm still excited and I wouldn't care about the review scores, my opinion matters most.

You haven't seen even seen half of the game, btw.

But your opinion matters :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 18 (82 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Nov 20, 2012

An excellant point

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 18 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

Nov 20, 2012
@HighFlyer_15 I know I haven't. IM going off what Ive seen and it was MY prediction of the review this game will get. And like I said, I'm Still Excited for the game and I wouldn't care about the review scores, if you missed that part.
"I'm the bad guy......I'm fine with that."
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 18 (78 Views)
0 Likes