Sackboy
458 posts

Re: I won't be Buying this Game.

Nov 10, 2012
@The16thNinja Ignore that post I put up, it is a major typo. What I meant to say is you can only transfer a ps3 fat with another fat. It wouldn't work on the slim.
"I'm the bad guy......I'm fine with that."
Message 31 of 74 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
413 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 10, 2012

I didn't read the whole thread but I'm sorry for you man. Hopefully you can get a new ps3 bundle for christmas or something or a black friday deal. Good luck to you. Also you really should consider ps+ for backing up your save data in the future.

Don't Forget to Play [Persona 4 Golden] Every Night Before Bed.
Message 32 of 74 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Nov 10, 2012
Good.
Message 33 of 74 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Nov 10, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

The16thNinja wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
Man, that sucks. You could try to contact Sony and see if that chalks up as a system failure. If it is, you may be able to send it in for repair/replacement for like $50. At least that's what Microsoft does with failures on the 360 (I bought my PS3 off a friend, so if it breaks I know it's pretty much done for good, and thus never researched the inner workings of what Sony does).

I'm more worried about the memory then a new consle then anything else, apparently it's impossible to transfer the memory so all my adventures with my consle not to mention DLC is gone.

Is there no way to use your PSN account to re-download all purchases on that specific account?  I'm sure it's a feature, because legally it has to be.  Also, I think I've used it.  Unless I'm forgetting some sort of issue that you'd have with downloading off your account on a new console, I don't see the issue as far as DLC goes.  With saves, yeah, you're screwed sadly.

I second this. I'm pretty sure all DLC is linked to PSN rather than the console itself. Usually anything you buy off the store gets that little bag symbol next to it, and can be downloaded again at no additional cost if need be. It's how I recovered my Rock Band song library when I managed to delete the entire DLC file on my PS3 (don't question me Smiley Tongue), so yeah

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 34 of 74 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Nov 10, 2012
Your store purchases should be linked to your PSN, so you don't have to worry about that atleast.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 35 of 74 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1736 posts

Nov 10, 2012

It sucks that people have to worry about paying for another service just so they can keep their data if the **bleep** system dies on them. I'm actually not too concerned with keeping my save files. I played the games, so if I lose them, oh well.

Message 36 of 74 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Nov 10, 2012
Not a plus member? Everyone should be. Well worth it.
All my saves are backed uppp yayyyy
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 37 of 74 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Nov 10, 2012
Same here, I only back up saves to games I haven't completed save for a few games I need my save for - better system in my case considering half my saves are to games I won't go back to unless for multiplayer.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 38 of 74 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Nov 10, 2012
Maybe he can just replace the power supply.
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 39 of 74 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
364 posts

Nov 10, 2012

not sure if you let people download dlc from you but what you could do is if you get a new system. make a new user and then go to the store and click the option sign in with an existing account and put your info then go to account managment on the xmb then download history and redownload all you bought then on your main user you just have to install them. you should have alot of the dlc you bought before by doing this

#ClownTroops
Message 40 of 74 (75 Views)
0 Likes