Reply
Wastelander
Registered: 09/10/2008
Offline
673 posts
 

Re: I won't be Buying this Game.

[ Edited ]
Nov 10, 2012

Glad i have plus but I've been there I'm a recovered PS3 owner (happend befor plus debut). I have plus in case this happens again came in handy when I wiped my HHD manditorily. I also back up my HDD once a month I have a 1TB HDD in mine so its rough but I deal for insurance. Everything you DLed from the store is recorded so you can just redownload it on the new one I would just say stick it out get new PS3, hell I may even help you....

==========================================================
Join ___Night FFAs (haven't decided on a day yet). HIgh Level FFA and 2V2 with Team AXcel. PLAY..LOSE..RAGE..PLAY..LAUGH..RESPECT, GGs. photo 54cce362-3381-425f-bf19-f430528cde96_zps7d13f457.jpg
Message 11 of 74 (233 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2012
Offline
4668 posts
 

Re: I won't be Buying this Game.

Nov 10, 2012

ghost_nappa4 wrote:
You coulda backed up data on a flash drive...

Easier said than done, based on my experience.  Albeit, my only experience was trying to get the Vita EU Beta for PSAS on a flash drive, so maybe it was just that one thing, but still.

 

I do really feel bad for you though, Ninja.  I hope it you find a good resolution somehow.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 12 of 74 (230 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 08/08/2012
Offline
2571 posts
 

Re: I won't be Buying this Game.

Nov 10, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

ghost_nappa4 wrote:
You coulda backed up data on a flash drive...

Easier said than done, based on my experience.  Albeit, my only experience was trying to get the Vita EU Beta for PSAS on a flash drive, so maybe it was just that one thing, but still.

 

I do really feel bad for you though, Ninja.  I hope it you find a good resolution somehow.


Going to take it apart tomorrow and see if the problem is a loose wire, my dad wanted to play GT and decided to move it downstairs so I don't know what the cause was.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 13 of 74 (225 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2012
Offline
4668 posts
 

Re: I won't be Buying this Game.

Nov 10, 2012

The16thNinja wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
Man, that sucks. You could try to contact Sony and see if that chalks up as a system failure. If it is, you may be able to send it in for repair/replacement for like $50. At least that's what Microsoft does with failures on the 360 (I bought my PS3 off a friend, so if it breaks I know it's pretty much done for good, and thus never researched the inner workings of what Sony does).

I'm more worried about the memory then a new consle then anything else, apparently it's impossible to transfer the memory so all my adventures with my consle not to mention DLC is gone.


Is there no way to use your PSN account to re-download all purchases on that specific account?  I'm sure it's a feature, because legally it has to be.  Also, I think I've used it.  Unless I'm forgetting some sort of issue that you'd have with downloading off your account on a new console, I don't see the issue as far as DLC goes.  With saves, yeah, you're screwed sadly.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 14 of 74 (225 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 08/08/2012
Offline
2571 posts
 

Re: I won't be Buying this Game.

Nov 10, 2012

ghost_nappa4 wrote:
You coulda backed up data on a flash drive...

Kind of hard considering the consle won't even turn on.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 15 of 74 (222 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 09/10/2008
Offline
673 posts
 

Re: I won't be Buying this Game.

Nov 10, 2012

The16thNinja wrote:

ghost_nappa4 wrote:
You coulda backed up data on a flash drive...

Kind of hard considering the consle won't even turn on.

 


Glad i have plus but I've been there I'm a recovered PS3 owner (happend befor plus debut). I have plus in case this happens again came in handy when I wiped my HHD manditorily. I also back up my HDD once a month I have a 1TB HDD in mine so its rough but I deal for insurance. Everything you DLed from the store is recorded so you can just redownload it on the new one I would just say stick it out get new PS3, hell I may even help you....

==========================================================
Join ___Night FFAs (haven't decided on a day yet). HIgh Level FFA and 2V2 with Team AXcel. PLAY..LOSE..RAGE..PLAY..LAUGH..RESPECT, GGs. photo 54cce362-3381-425f-bf19-f430528cde96_zps7d13f457.jpg
Message 16 of 74 (218 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 08/08/2012
Offline
2571 posts
 

Re: I won't be Buying this Game.

Nov 10, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

The16thNinja wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
Man, that sucks. You could try to contact Sony and see if that chalks up as a system failure. If it is, you may be able to send it in for repair/replacement for like $50. At least that's what Microsoft does with failures on the 360 (I bought my PS3 off a friend, so if it breaks I know it's pretty much done for good, and thus never researched the inner workings of what Sony does).

I'm more worried about the memory then a new consle then anything else, apparently it's impossible to transfer the memory so all my adventures with my consle not to mention DLC is gone.


Is there no way to use your PSN account to re-download all purchases on that specific account?  I'm sure it's a feature, because legally it has to be.  Also, I think I've used it.  Unless I'm forgetting some sort of issue that you'd have with downloading off your account on a new console, I don't see the issue as far as DLC goes.  With saves, yeah, you're screwed sadly.


I'm glad I'm not an achivement hunter, I would probably be crying and cradled in a corner, no just a sad lonely wait for next gen until I get it fixed or replaced.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 17 of 74 (216 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 08/08/2012
Offline
2571 posts
 

Re: I won't be Buying this Game.

Nov 10, 2012

Xis66 wrote:

The16thNinja wrote:

ghost_nappa4 wrote:
You coulda backed up data on a flash drive...

Kind of hard considering the consle won't even turn on.

 


Glad i have plus but I've been there I'm a recovered PS3 owner (happend befor plus debut). I have plus in case this happens again came in handy when I wiped my HHD manditorily. I also back up my HDD once a month I have a 1TB HDD in mine so its rough but I deal for insurance. Everything you DLed from the store is recorded so you can just redownload it on the new one I would just say stick it out get new PS3, hell I may even help you....


You'd help me? Do you know how to fix it?

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 18 of 74 (215 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 10/24/2012
Offline
458 posts
 

Re: I won't be Buying this Game.

Nov 10, 2012
What version did you have? The original fat ps3 or the old slim? Does the power light turn yellow when you turn it on? If it does you have gotten the ylod.(yellow light of death)
"I'm the bad guy......I'm fine with that."
Message 19 of 74 (213 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 08/08/2012
Offline
2571 posts
 

Re: I won't be Buying this Game.

Nov 10, 2012

hushM0UTH12 wrote:
What version did you have? The original fat ps3 or the old slim? Does the power light turn yellow when you turn it on? If it does you have gotten the ylod.(yellow light of death)

I have the fat f*ck 80 gig, the power doesn't turn on at all, no red light or green, basically like the switch was except the switch is on.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 20 of 74 (208 Views)
Reply
0 Likes