Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Re: I won't be Buying this Game.

Nov 11, 2012

Send it to Sony and get repaired.  If it's a 60GB model and you want a replacement it's $150, cheaper for newer models. 

Also, you mentioned that you lost all your DLC etc.  You didn't.  You can redownload any DLC that you may have lost.  Your save data will be the only thing that has been lost at the end of the day.  Even then, your save data isn't actually lost.  It's still on your hard drive.

So whether you send your PS3 to Sony or decide to get a new one.  You can always swap your hard drive with the one with all your save data on it.  There you go. 

Message 71 of 74 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

Nov 11, 2012

kupomogli wrote:

Send it to Sony and get repaired.  If it's a 60GB model and you want a replacement it's $150, cheaper for newer models. 

Also, you mentioned that you lost all your DLC etc.  You didn't.  You can redownload any DLC that you may have lost.  Your save data will be the only thing that has been lost at the end of the day.  Even then, your save data isn't actually lost.  It's still on your hard drive.

So whether you send your PS3 to Sony or decide to get a new one.  You can always swap your hard drive with the one with all your save data on it.  There you go. 

1) You absolutely should NOT send your PS3 to Sony for a "repair". You'll get a refurbished model that will inevitably break down again within a couple of months. 

2) PS3 formats any new drive you insert into it, so all data on the broken PS3's hard drive would be erased. So that's why it's not possible to simply swap the old hard drive into the new console; to keep your data you'd need to find some way to get the broken PS3 working, transfer all your data to an external HDD, and then transfer from that external HDD to your new PS3's hard drive.

Message 72 of 74 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Nov 11, 2012

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
I'm glad I'm hearing about Endless Electronics now, since that could be very helpful to know in the case that my (fat) PS3 breaks down somehow.

They're definitely the people you should go to if your fat PS3 breaks.

Not only did I have mine repaired, I also took advantage of their (optional) hardware upgrades that make the PS3 run more quietly & cooler to further prolong its lifespan. Basically makes the PS3 Slim's "advantages" like less power consumption and less noise irrelevant.

I just wish my fat PS3 could emulate PS2 games, then I'd be set.  (I don't believe I have the very first fat model.  I can't emulate PS2 games, so I'm assuming there was a fat PS3 released before the Slim that stopped carrying emulation ability.)

the 20gb, 60gb, and 4USB 80gb are the only PS3s that can play PS2 games

**bleep**.  Of course I have the ONLY original fat model that doesn't play PS2 games.  I've got the 2USB 80GB >.>

Eh, still got it for $90, and the only PS2 games I'd really play all that much are HDified already, so I can't complain too much.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 73 of 74 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Nov 28, 2012
same thing happend to me and i revived it.

try using a fan blow into the vent where the cooler is. leave like so for about a half hour. then let it sit for a half hour. then try again.

hopes this works and get psasbr its godly
Message 74 of 74 (28 Views)
0 Likes