Highlighted
Oct 27 2012
By: kupomogli Hekseville Citizen 345 posts

I wish people would stop talking about characters being OP and talk about...

[ Edited ]
5 replies 149 views Edited Oct 27, 2012

I wish people would stop talking about characters being OP and talk about...

How SuperBot should instead devote their time to fixing the online.  I've said it before, but the online after the patch is much worse than it was before the patch. 

I just lost a match because after it went into overtime, Kratos, who was losing before overtime anyways, disappeared.  When I killed the other two people with my skateboard, the game zoomed in on me like I was the only one left, but it was clear that he was still there because once they came back, Kratos could still attack us and do invisible level one attacks.

Fix the major problems instead of balancing issues that aren't too bad.  The major problems are the online matches.  People are defending it saying it'll be better when the game actually comes out, but if you played the Twisted Metal beta, we did the same thing.  David Jaffe even said, the online from the beta was using old code, the full game runs great online.  It ran just as bad as the beta did.  Worse.  Twisted Metal finally has online that works well, but it's too late now.  There's no community.  The same is going to happen with Playstation All Stars if this keeps up.

There's also the issue with the lagging.  People might say its your internet connection, but I can play Tekken 6 against a friend of mine, who also has a good connection and there's no lag, or atleast no noticeable lag.  Online there is always going to be some frame differences.  But seriously.  TEKKEN 6.  NO LAG.  Do you see why I'm pointing out "Tekken 6."  One of the worst netcodes in an online game performs flawless.  So before some **bleep** comes and says "it's you're online" defending the game as usual.  No.  It's not, and I'm sure you noobs are aware of that as well.  Sometimes you might not notice the lag is there, but if you get hit by something that is slightly below you but should have missed you, even if it's barely, then it's lagging.

If you guys have to, go out there and hire whoever did the netcode for Gundam Extreme Vs.  Seriously.  As fast as that game goes and how flawless literally ever match online is especially when me and friends are playing against Japanese players, so all the way across the world and it still doesn't lag, then you guys should be able to make the online much better than the joke that it is right now.

Here's a video of an online match with four people on Gundam Extreme Vs.  The second half of the video is the exact same match in the other winning character's perspective.  And yes.  The game's online is as silky smooth as it looks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcymN5H4qZI

There's no reason that Playstation All Stars online shouldn't be as good as that almost 100% of the time.  Especially when that game can pull the same flawless online gameplay when you're on the other side of the world from most players.

Message 1 of 6 (149 Views)
Splicer
45 posts

Re: I wish people would stop talking about characters being OP and talk about...

Oct 27, 2012

It also hard to gage balance issue when we don't even have the full roster. But i feeling balancing and fixing network can easily be fixed over time with patches. They need to focus on content. 

Message 2 of 6 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14612 posts

Re: I wish people would stop talking about characters being OP and talk about...

Oct 27, 2012

Look at what the beta is first. 

1. To get the online good! It is made public for a reason. To get thousands to stress test the servers. This is the essential purpose in having betas.

2. A Demo. I get how you can say the bugginess ruins it as a demo, but it is not bad every game. Anyway, the other reason for a public, all-access beta is to act as a demo and raise excitement and awareness. They do not want another Starhawk in sales (the new number is only 170,000!!!).

It will hopefullly get better, but luckily there is an extensive single player aspect. So...if it broke, they can fix it

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 3 of 6 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14612 posts

Oct 27, 2012

And the whole Jaffe argument is irrelevant. This beta's code is only 2 months old. Plus, Twisted Metal was lackluster as a single player experience. This will not. It has days of content to get you through any online struggle

Message 4 of 6 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Oct 27, 2012
Twisted Metal's "campaign" was a lackluster experience. Not its single player.

I'm one of the few who didn't cry over there not being multiple characters. That really didn't bother me, because do you really play Twisted Metal to know that certain characters are in the car, or do you play Twisted Metal for the car combat? Btw. The storyline to the three characters, four if you count the short portions with the priest, on Twisted Metal, is better and much more in depth than the rest of the series. I'd say with just the three characters, it's just as good as the entirety of Twisted Metal Black's storylines.

But that's not the point. Like I said. "The campaign" is lackluster. Not the single player experience. For those who have played the rest of the Twisted Metal series, what is every single stage? A deathmatch. Yes.

The option is called Single Player Challenge Mode. You can choose the number of opponents, the stage, the size of the stage, etc. After finishing that stage, switch it to the next stage. What's the difference in playing another Twisted Metal game and doing this if you just want stage after stage of deathmatch? Absolutely nothing.

Not only that, but you can also set up to where there's one car but once you destroy that car another appears. Or you can set the designated number of cars and if any of the cars are destroyed another is spawned. To see how many you can kill before dying.

Which is really the only bad thing about it. In the challenge mode. The only difference between that and a normal Twisted Metal is you only get one life. You can't set the amount of lives. In offline multiplayer mode you can set different options, like a timed match, and many others, but challenge you can't.

So the single player experience is still there and it's better than ever. It's the single player campaign that's the lackluster experience.
Message 5 of 6 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14612 posts

Oct 27, 2012

kupomogli wrote:
Twisted Metal's "campaign" was a lackluster experience. Not its single player.

I'm one of the few who didn't cry over there not being multiple characters. That really didn't bother me, because do you really play Twisted Metal to know that certain characters are in the car, or do you play Twisted Metal for the car combat? Btw. The storyline to the three characters, four if you count the short portions with the priest, on Twisted Metal, is better and much more in depth than the rest of the series. I'd say with just the three characters, it's just as good as the entirety of Twisted Metal Black's storylines.

But that's not the point. Like I said. "The campaign" is lackluster. Not the single player experience. For those who have played the rest of the Twisted Metal series, what is every single stage? A deathmatch. Yes.

The option is called Single Player Challenge Mode. You can choose the number of opponents, the stage, the size of the stage, etc. After finishing that stage, switch it to the next stage. What's the difference in playing another Twisted Metal game and doing this if you just want stage after stage of deathmatch? Absolutely nothing.

Not only that, but you can also set up to where there's one car but once you destroy that car another appears. Or you can set the designated number of cars and if any of the cars are destroyed another is spawned. To see how many you can kill before dying.

Which is really the only bad thing about it. In the challenge mode. The only difference between that and a normal Twisted Metal is you only get one life. You can't set the amount of lives. In offline multiplayer mode you can set different options, like a timed match, and many others, but challenge you can't.

So the single player experience is still there and it's better than ever. It's the single player campaign that's the lackluster experience.

I disagree on a lot there, but the topic is All-Stars. My point stands. The single player will get most through any online struggle a demo/beta will not already stop.

Message 6 of 6 (73 Views)
0 Likes