Sep 29 2012
By: DisturbedSavio Sackboy 367 posts

I wish Heavy Rain had a presence..

[ Edited ]
13 replies 282 views Edited Sep 29, 2012

Disappointed by the fact there's no Heavy Rain anything.

Anyone else kinda sad about this?

Heavenly Rain gets a character, but Heavy Rain doesn't. it might have been the best game i played in years. Ethan Mars, the orgami killer, Norman, anyone would have made a great character. And they would have offered a crazy stage..

Message 1 of 14 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3500 posts

Re: I wish Heavy Rain had a precense..

Sep 29, 2012

I think it could be a cools stage too from Heavy Rain

IT'S MY WAY OR . . . HELL IT'S MY WAY
Message 2 of 14 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
367 posts

Re: I wish Heavy Rain had a precense..

Sep 29, 2012

StefanForsell24 wrote:

I think it could be a cools stage too from Heavy Rain

Yeah. There's a hell of a lot to choose from..

The part where Ethan drove through traffic.. imagine a wipeout mashup.

Or the final showdown area.

Even a level just raining in the street..

Message 3 of 14 (276 Views)
Fender Bender
3500 posts

Re: I wish Heavy Rain had a presence..

Sep 29, 2012

It would be epic if there was a stage that varied through all those different enviroments

IT'S MY WAY OR . . . HELL IT'S MY WAY
Message 4 of 14 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
568 posts

Sep 29, 2012

You can wish all you want, but that's not going to happen Smiley Happy

Maybe dlc or sequal (if they will make one...)

Quoted from Zeothedeathgod aka mr. Optimistic: ''i am a bit disappointed by the roster''
Another Zeo quote: ''They should really have chosen a different roster''
Quoted from mtjjrstccw1 aka mr. Anger: ''my rage is shifted towards identity now''
Message 5 of 14 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
375 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Heavy Rain was a great .....movie... but it has no business being in a fighting game. The characters are just bland and would have nothing to offer.

I wouldn't mind there being stages based in a Heavy Rain inspired area though, why not! A fight in the rainy playground would be cool. But they already have a simple empty map and that's the dojo... so yeah. Don't expect Heavy Rain.

Message 6 of 14 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Sep 30, 2012

He would be a great character. He would be the slowest character in the game, and when someones about to hit you you have to wiggle your controller or press a button, but don't take this as a great dodging technique, you'll miss them all anyways. And his only attack would be pressing x to "JASON!" HIs level 1 would be cutting his finger off. You then instantly lose the match. Level 2 is pressing x to "SHAUN!" But if you press x twice you get hit by a truck. But for his level three, you put together your Shaun and Jason abilities to.... PRESS X TO "JASHAUN!"

Message 7 of 14 (177 Views)
Wastelander
756 posts

Sep 30, 2012

To those that say Ethan would be a boring character because he's human. I refer you to these two REGULAR HUMAN characters.

I'd say it would be harder making a move list for Parappa, and fatty P then it would be Ethan. He can use the stuff he used to cut off his finger (knife, saw, axe, burned pipe, etc.). He could throw glass from the scene when he crawled through glass. He could use a pistol which he used to shoot the dad, or he could use the sword he used to play fight Shaun. He could even summon Jayden for a super and do that ball game trick with his AR glasses. 

You guys wouldn't be good at making a fighting game if you couldn't even think of a list for this guy. Fighting games like these cause for MASSIVE IMAGINATION. 

Message 8 of 14 (167 Views)
Splicer
75 posts

Sep 30, 2012

yooobooyj wrote:

To those that say Ethan would be a boring character because he's human. I refer you to these two REGULAR HUMAN characters.

I'd say it would be harder making a move list for Parappa, and fatty P then it would be Ethan. He can use the stuff he used to cut off his finger (knife, saw, axe, burned pipe, etc.). He could throw glass from the scene when he crawled through glass. He could use a pistol which he used to shoot the dad, or he could use the sword he used to play fight Shaun. He could even summon Jayden for a super and do that ball game trick with his AR glasses. 

You guys wouldn't be good at making a fighting game if you couldn't even think of a list for this guy. Fighting games like these cause for MASSIVE IMAGINATION. 

Frank West doesn't really count... he has tons of fighting moves and hundreds of weapons. PW didn't need much thought because all you do is: Say objection. Look for evidence. Present Evedince. Oh wait, that is his movest. Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 14 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
756 posts

Sep 30, 2012

DairzBear101 wrote:

yooobooyj wrote:

Frank West doesn't really count... he has tons of fighting moves and hundreds of weapons. PW didn't need much thought because all you do is: Say objection. Look for evidence. Present Evedince. Oh wait, that is his movest. Smiley Tongue

Frnak West is just a reporter who made weapons during the zombie apocalypse... he literally is nothing special. He's like the people off Deal Island, all they did was make weapons. They only made Frank West special in the special edition Dead Rising by  making him a zombie wrestler. After that though he's just a regulaer human.

Phoenix Wright all he said in his game is OBJECTION and be a lawyer. Heck they even made his various expression in his moveset. If they can make PW a fighting game character then they could make Ethan Mars one too. Plus me who made Ethan Mars a moveset just now can, then Ethan is easy as pie.

Heck I could make Tony Hawk a fighting game character if I wanted too. Theirs no such thing in a game like this for a designer to say "we couldn't think of a moveset for (insert characeter)." That would be embarassing.

Message 10 of 14 (148 Views)
0 Likes