Treasure Hunter
4968 posts

Re: I wanted character story intros to be 3d

Nov 15, 2012
I think there are some animated cutscenes. They were livestreaming on ign the other day, and jak and daxter had animation with their meet up with ratchet and clank

Message 61 of 66 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 17, 2012

I was a little disapointed, but not surprised.

We get a comic book intro style cutscene. Like Ratchet's "What's this weird signal? Let's go check it out."

Then a bunch of battles with no cutscenes between them with no rhym or reason.

Then we get a 3D cutscene which is basically the second half of the intro scene. Like Ratchet's "We've arrived at the signal, hey it's Jak, let's battle!"

Then they quit playing because the next part is the final boss with Polygon Man, which will likely be somthing along the lines of "Hahaha, I brought you for such and such a reason haha, let's battle, the end" this part probably will be 3D, then an ending cutscene, this part seems likely to be in 2D again, but more 3D would be nice.

I was hoping for more between each level and interactions with other characters besides the rival, but oh well...

EDIT: Talking about the live stream of arcade mode from yesterday here for those of you who may be confused by this post

Message 62 of 66 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Nov 17, 2012

In addition to my previous post:

Spoiler
I was right! We now know that after the rival battle, it's exactly what I said, Polygon man shows up, says like his only quote, they battle then the ending cutscene is in 2D like the intro. Credits roll. Kind of a bummer that charatcers interact with no one other than their rival.

Message 63 of 66 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2434 posts

Nov 17, 2012

Lex_Gamer wrote:

I was a little disapointed, but not surprised.

We get a comic book intro style cutscene. Like Ratchet's "What's this weird signal? Let's go check it out."

Then a bunch of battles with no cutscenes between them with no rhym or reason.

Then we get a 3D cutscene which is basically the second half of the intro scene. Like Ratchet's "We've arrived at the signal, hey it's Jak, let's battle!"

Then they quit playing because the next part is the final boss with Polygon Man, which will likely be somthing along the lines of "Hahaha, I brought you for such and such a reason haha, let's battle, the end" this part probably will be 3D, then an ending cutscene, this part seems likely to be in 2D again, but more 3D would be nice.

I was hoping for more between each level and interactions with other characters besides the rival, but oh well...

EDIT: Talking about the live stream of arcade mode from yesterday here for those of you who may be confused by this post

When I first heard about the story, I thought it going to have your basic intro, rival and outro cutscenes but when you fought random people through the story you would have a conversation with them through text and no VOs, and then end up in a fight.

Message 64 of 66 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
364 posts

Nov 17, 2012

i havent seen any of the comic style cutscenes because i don't want to spoil anything for myself but allow me to shed some light on why the comic style cutscenes make sense.

Twisted Metal- comic/drawn cutscenes in twisted metal 2 and head-on

Ratchet & Clank- All4One had some comic style to it

InFAMOUS- most the ingame was 3d but it also had some pretty good comic style cutscenes because the series is actually a comic that is published by DC Comics.

Parappa is 2d anyways so not much to be explained there.

DMC- i dont think there were the comic style cutscenes in the game but in Marvel vs Capcom he had that style of ending so it kinda makes sense...kinda

#ClownTroops
Message 65 of 66 (52 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
949 posts

Nov 18, 2012

yea i know this is the most half assed game ever.

Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 66 of 66 (50 Views)
0 Likes