Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
712 posts

Re: I wanted character story intros to be 3d

Nov 15, 2012

I find the comic book style intro fine, MvC3 I think had them as well, how was SFIV handled? The only fighting game I've played and that I can remember that has fully animated cutscenes and everything is Mortal Kombat. The comic book thing is one of the few ways to at least tell some sort of story in fighting games, the Blazblue games and Persona 4 Arena use a visual novel style format which is even more different from what we see here in the west.

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 66 (184 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1055 posts

Nov 15, 2012

I guess were not getting anything like this are we? :\

all stars photo psasbr2_zpsc1059804.png

My raiden over all your mains.
#PSASBR2
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 66 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Nov 15, 2012

The Subspace Emissary had great cutscenes, but the gameplay was awful. They wasted lots of development time on it, when most people just want to go into Versus mode and fight there friends.

The arcade mode was obviously never the focus for this game, and we should be thankful the rival cutscenes look to be quite awesome.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 66 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
375 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Wow this looks **bleep** terrible. That just brought this games value down $10.. now it has 0 story. It's literally just some hashed on ladder mode. Even Mortal Kombat had a better story.

Very disappointing Superbot...just plain lazy. At least we'll still have local multiplayer which is all I care about at all now.

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 66 (171 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1055 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

I was realy hoping for the story modes to be enjoyable... I sure hope its just the opening thats like this! Because if it is just a 2d slideshow the story mode is gonna have like no replay value. :smileysad:

#PSASBR2
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 66 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Nov 15, 2012

LikeRA1N wrote:

You guys aren't dissapointed that the scenes aren't in 3D...you are dissapointed because Brawl's cutscenes were in 3D and All-Star's aren't. Some of you  have to be the most self-entitled people I've ever seen on a forum. The whining is just way too much. SuperBot made this game for YOU and all you do is whine. What if they were too busy trying to stuff this game with content the fans are begging for to make fully 3D cutscenes? I admit, I was a little thrown off when I first saw the intro and then the leap to the dojo arena but once the match started, I was instantly over it and accepted it for what it was. Stop crying over things that aren't affecting All-Star's gameplay or your decision to get this game day 1 and grow up.

I think we know what we feel, but you feel free to interpret it to be whatever you want it to be. I dont correlate this game to brawl at all, but I was interested in seeing a game with some production value in its story, because I was interested in how Superbot would build the story for this mashup, and of course when I imagined all of this playing out I imagined it in a series of 3D cutscenes, like Superbot's concept trailer that showed parappa and fat princess ambushing kratos, it seemed fun, quirky, and enjoyable. The thing is this is a game many of us have been waiting for, for a very long time, so yes we appreciate that it is finally being made, and I cannot wait for Tuesday, seriously, but get off the almighty high horse and understand that the fans are allowed to be bummed and be vocal about it when they see so many shortcuts being taken on an area of the game we were looking forward to. It doesnt affect its gameplay, but it affects the game. 

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 66 (148 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1055 posts

Nov 15, 2012

KnaveX wrote:

LikeRA1N wrote:

You guys aren't dissapointed that the scenes aren't in 3D...you are dissapointed because Brawl's cutscenes were in 3D and All-Star's aren't. Some of you  have to be the most self-entitled people I've ever seen on a forum. The whining is just way too much. SuperBot made this game for YOU and all you do is whine. What if they were too busy trying to stuff this game with content the fans are begging for to make fully 3D cutscenes? I admit, I was a little thrown off when I first saw the intro and then the leap to the dojo arena but once the match started, I was instantly over it and accepted it for what it was. Stop crying over things that aren't affecting All-Star's gameplay or your decision to get this game day 1 and grow up.

I think we know what we feel, but you feel free to interpret it to be whatever you want it to be. I dont correlate this game to brawl at all, but I was interested in seeing a game with some production value in its story, because I was interested in how Superbot would build the story for this mashup, and of course when I imagined all of this playing out I imagined it in a series of 3D cutscenes, like Superbot's concept trailer that showed parappa and fat princess ambushing kratos, it seemed fun, quirky, and enjoyable. The thing is this is a game many of us have been waiting for, for a very long time, so yes we appreciate that it is finally being made, and I cannot wait for Tuesday, seriously, but get off the almighty high horse and understand that the fans are allowed to be bummed and be vocal about it when they see so many shortcuts being taken on an area of the game we were looking forward to. It doesnt affect its gameplay, but it affects the game. 

Total support! :smileyhappy:

#PSASBR2
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 66 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Nov 15, 2012
I haven't pre ordered it Divine, no Crash no buy.
I have Halo 4, Black Ops 2, my Wii U soon.. So yeah.
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 66 (128 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Sadly, I think you might need to readjust your expectations a bit. I don't think this game really has a story mode as much as it has an arcade mode. There is an intro cutscene, a bunch of random fights, a rival fight and boss, ending cutscene. There is no story or anything moving you from fight to fight, at least from what we've seen from the livestream. If you've ever played the arcade mode in a fightiing game before, you'll know what to expect. 

I'm sure you'll still have lots of fun with the game, so don't be too sad! Just wanted to give you fair warning. 

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 66 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Nov 15, 2012

shdwTBIRD wrote:

Sadly, I think you might need to readjust your expectations a bit. I don't think this game really has a story mode as much as it has an arcade mode. There is an intro cutscene, a bunch of random fights, a rival fight and boss, ending cutscene. There is no story or anything moving you from fight to fight, at least from what we've seen from the livestream. If you've ever played the arcade mode in a fightiing game before, you'll know what to expect. 

I'm sure you'll still have lots of fun with the game, so don't be too sad! Just wanted to give you fair warning. 

We've known for a while that it was gonna be a ladder type arcade, instead of an adventure or anything like that, but since it was described by the developers "like Mortal Kombat" and we saw that the rival cutscenes were fully animated in 3D, everyone pretty much expected at least that, I have to say this is the one thing about the game that has truly surprised me in terms of design choices. I myself didnt have high expectations for the arcade mode, just "general" expectations. But hey, what ya gonna do.

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 66 (92 Views)
0 Likes