Fender Bender
2516 posts

Re: I've Had It With Shallow Fans

Oct 6, 2012

Here's a little protip for fighters.

Demand nothing, expect nothing, acquire amazing.

Demand everything, expect everything, acquire nothing.

Its simply the mindset you go into it with that will change how you feel about the game.

Remember Marvel vs Capcom 3? No Megaman X? Yeah, people were all mad about that. Then they give Zero a costume for X, which is a pretty smart idea considering they'd play nearly identically (X5 X had Zero's sword), and PEOPLE STILL COMPLAINED. Out of the 50 character roster with the Ultimate rendition people still said the game was bad because a Megaman wasn't in it. The funny thing is none of them would have played him anyways.

Same thing here. There is a good 20 character roster for a completely new fighter, which is quite amazing for a NEW fighter, and with the promise of downloadable content. If Cloud, Crash, or Spyro doesn't get in, IT DOESN'T MATTER, WE ALREADY HAVE 20 OTHER CHARACTERS.

I would take the game tomorrow if I could. I played it for the first time ever this week, a Kiosk demo at my local GameStop. I was surprised they had it, and I loved playing it. It was RE6 midnight release, and all I did was sit there and play PS-AllStars until 10PM. For four hours. With only four characters and two stages. It was FUN, something a lot of people here don't remember apparently.

Message 41 of 47 (138 Views)
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Oct 6, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

this little this that marrow just said, is why i'm so **bleep** excited about this game,

i understand most people have expectations, but then most of those people also set an increadibly high expectation, that those people pretty much screwed themselves over,

my expectation was, "if only sony had it's own brawler game"

then boom, psasbr was announced, and i've never been happier about a game in a long time,

anything after that, like characters, stages, game modes, that were announced, was just extra stuff that made this game better to me,

i understand that people are dissapointed,

it doesn't mean the games gonna be a worthless pice of crap, 

because all that matters, when it comes to video games, is whether it's fun or not,

and i think this game's gonna be a ton of fun....

Play For Fun!
Message 42 of 47 (133 Views)
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Oct 6, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Its simply the mindset you go into it with that will change how you feel about the game.

Remember Marvel vs Capcom 3? No Megaman X? Yeah, people were all mad about that. Then they give Zero a costume for X, which is a pretty smart idea considering they'd play nearly identically (X5 X had Zero's sword), and PEOPLE STILL COMPLAINED. Out of the 50 character roster with the Ultimate rendition people still said the game was bad because a Megaman wasn't in it. The funny thing is none of them would have played him anyways.

Same thing here. There is a good 20 character roster for a completely new fighter, which is quite amazing for a NEW fighter, and with the promise of downloadable content. If Cloud, Crash, or Spyro doesn't get in, IT DOESN'T MATTER, WE ALREADY HAVE 20 OTHER CHARACTERS.

I would take the game tomorrow if I could. I played it for the first time ever this week, a Kiosk demo at my local GameStop. I was surprised they had it, and I loved playing it. It was RE6 midnight release, and all I did was sit there and play PS-AllStars until 10PM. For four hours. With only four characters and two stages. It was FUN, something a lot of people here don't remember apparently.

All of this.

When I played the orignal Smash Bros on the N64, I remember thinking it'd be cool if Sony did one too. May even still have the little dream roster with movesets thing list I wrote down at the time, in fact. Therefore, hearing the releae of this game, my natural reaction was "hell yes I need this game" Helped that Parappa was announced straight away too, because his inclusion alone sold the game to me.

My expectations when I heard about this game were that the key characters were gonna be from Sony's big franchises (the big three platformer, God of War, Killzone, LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted, Infamous, etc.) with one or two extra characters as a bonus. That is exactly how the game has turned out so I am happy.

Sure, I had a character wishlist (who didn't?), but that didn't mean I expected everyone on it absolutely had to be in, just thought it'd be awesome if they were, and as such I'm not disappointed on the scale everyone else seems to be.

People just need to chill.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 43 of 47 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Oct 6, 2012

aust13d2 wrote:
Liam I understand what your saying but people on the forum don't need to make 600 threads about new Dante I don't care stop **bleep** and I don't wanna no if you canncled pre order don't post it

That's a fair point actually. So I'll amend my view. People should stop hating the haters. They're entitled to hate. But the haters should shut the **bleep** up Smiley Happy

Message 44 of 47 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
568 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

The first time someone who was mad and wasn't on his period lol! Smiley Tongue Fabsta, I really liked your OP! Probably, one of the most motivating things on this forum! 

Kudos ofcourse! Smiley Very Happy

Quoted from Zeothedeathgod aka mr. Optimistic: ''i am a bit disappointed by the roster''
Another Zeo quote: ''They should really have chosen a different roster''
Quoted from mtjjrstccw1 aka mr. Anger: ''my rage is shifted towards identity now''
Message 45 of 47 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Oct 6, 2012
Bump!!! Get this up there!

Message 46 of 47 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Oct 6, 2012

First off, I would like to say that I completely agree with fabsta. I've been quietly lurking between different forums since Shuman's tweet about the roster count being 20 and can agree that the responses in general gotten out of hand.

I am currently in the camp that wants the game but is deciding between a Day 1 purchase or perhaps a $30-40 sale down the road. With no other characters at launch, I am looking forward to content news such as match options, unlockables, and game modes to decide on a Day 1 purchase or not. While I am disappointed by the fact that the game has only the 20 we know of, I am pretty pleased with what we have. People should try to give this game a chance based on the content and gameplay, not just the roster.

In regards to the roster, I have been saying this to some friends since the PAX reveals: The problem that All-Stars is gonna face is that everyone's memories and favorites within the Playstation universe is different and that will lead to arguments about the roster. Everyone has a different past and view on what made Playstation for them throught the years. In the end, it comes down to personal opinion of who should and shouldn't get in.

In my opinion, Superbot has captured a fair portion of Playstation history for their first game. Whether or not anyone agrees or not is likely based on what they grew to like since Playstation came out. With the support of people that like the game as it is and not just who is in it, maybe we will see more characters or even a sequel down the road.

Message 47 of 47 (69 Views)