Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Re: I've Had It With Shallow Fans

Oct 6, 2012

Godlike_Shanker wrote:

Constructive criticism is good. If there are a lot of people criticizing the game than clearly there is a big issue at hand. Yes, there are a lot of people just hating blindly but it goes with the job. You know, this is the Internet after all. There is also something to be said about people that only look on the bright side of things and are willing to overlook a lot of the legit criticism that PSA is getting.

The roster is one of the most important elements of a game like this for many people. Expecting more than 20 characters is not unreasonable. Expecting one of Crash, Spyro, Lara Croft, Solid Snake and Cloud is not unreasonable. Expecting Wander is not unreasonable. These are all legit complaints, no matter how you look at it. Is it unfair for Sony and SuperBot since it's not up to them whether or not these characters make it in? Yeah, it is. But such is life. We all knew they were going to get bashed for not having one of them in the game, no matter how hard they tried.

I see the criticism as a good thing. I don't think this game will flop because of this. In the future, Sony and SuperBot will take all of this into account, hopefully leading to a better game for everyone.

I'm not overlooking anything, I can understand why some people are upset but the bottom line is that the damage is done and all we can do right  now is continue to support to improve it. By all means Shanker, let's continue to hope for the best so it does work out and strive to fix it rather than give up like what I've been seeing some people do. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 31 of 47 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
616 posts

Oct 6, 2012
I believe the game is still going to be fun even with 20 characters. A lot of other fighting games have less and are still good.
Message 32 of 47 (131 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
832 posts

Oct 6, 2012

fabsta1994 wrote:

Godlike_Shanker wrote:

Constructive criticism is good. If there are a lot of people criticizing the game than clearly there is a big issue at hand. Yes, there are a lot of people just hating blindly but it goes with the job. You know, this is the Internet after all. There is also something to be said about people that only look on the bright side of things and are willing to overlook a lot of the legit criticism that PSA is getting.

The roster is one of the most important elements of a game like this for many people. Expecting more than 20 characters is not unreasonable. Expecting one of Crash, Spyro, Lara Croft, Solid Snake and Cloud is not unreasonable. Expecting Wander is not unreasonable. These are all legit complaints, no matter how you look at it. Is it unfair for Sony and SuperBot since it's not up to them whether or not these characters make it in? Yeah, it is. But such is life. We all knew they were going to get bashed for not having one of them in the game, no matter how hard they tried.

I see the criticism as a good thing. I don't think this game will flop because of this. In the future, Sony and SuperBot will take all of this into account, hopefully leading to a better game for everyone.

I'm not overlooking anything, I can understand why some people are upset but the bottom line is that the damage is done and all we can do right  now is continue to support to improve it. By all means Shanker, let's continue to hope for the best so it does work out and strive to fix it rather than give up like what I've been seeing some people do. 

Oh I wasn't referring to you in particular but I've seen this sentiment from others. Yeah, I'm definitely still buying the game. I'm just saying, criticism and support should go hand in hand. When I played the beta and demos, I always praised the gameplay and how the characters felt distinctively unique from one another. I do consider the 20 character roster without one of Crash, Spyro, Lara Croft, Solid Snake or Cloud, plus Wander and a Chimera to be disappointing though and a legit reason for complaint.

Here's hoping that for sequels Sony and SuperBot will be able to address all these issues and make the game better for all of us. I'm still really looking forward to playing this game, even if it didn't fully meet my expectations.

Message 33 of 47 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
288 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Yes overall this game is good. So what the character roster isn't to your expectations. but everything is else **bleep** near perfect. and there should be DLC after release anywayy.  I haven't gotten any of my 4 characters (look at sig) and im still really happy and excited for this games release.

Image Hosted At MyspaceGens
Message 34 of 47 (119 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1197 posts

Oct 6, 2012
people have the right to be upset with 20 characters, it's not the quanity it's the quality. You mean to tell me they could not got 1 of the big 4?
Photobucket
Message 35 of 47 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Oct 6, 2012
I'm terribly disappointed that 20 is the roster count. I don't want to pass my opinions at the moment because I am not in a mood to support the game.
JJWheatley-Sig2.png
Message 36 of 47 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
797 posts

Oct 6, 2012

This is the best thread this forum has ever had.

Somebody give this man a medal

Message 37 of 47 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Oct 6, 2012

fabsta1994 wrote:

With the forum. I have never been so disgusted.

I don't even know where to start. Some members here are ridiculous, so much so that they would drop a game we've been waiting 13 years for without a second thought simply because of who wasn't included. Do you know how many party fighters Sony makes? None. This was our FIRST EVER party fighter that was Sony themed. They put together a whole new company specifically for this game. Handpicked to create a fun gaming experience and to finally introduce that dream to the fans who've dreamed of it since first picking up the controller. Superbot didn't lie to us, they were pretty **bleep** honest throughout the whole developement cycle. They included characters from all eras of playstation. You can't deny that...

...Superbot has been working diligently to make sure the game works at full capacity. Tightening controls, balancing characters, adding fun elements such as various game modes and easter eggs. They've been working on this game for 3 years and you won't even give it a glance. 

"It take 2 to tango". Wise words. Why? Because it isn't Superbots fault. Both companies need to come to an agreement in order to fulfill the wish of the dev. But if that company simply can't come to a decision then Superbot has no chice in the matter on that character's inclusion. IT'S NOT THEIR FAULT...

Sorry for editing your post down there I just thought since it'd take up so much space on the page and I'm only gunna comment on a couple of parts i'd cut it down to whats relevent to what I'm about to say.
I agree for the most part but at the same time I think some of the thing you said are just untrue. I think it's perfectly justified for people to lose interest in the game, complain about it and even cancel their preorder. If there are no characters in the game that they are particularly interested in then they shouldn't get it and saying superbot worked really hard isn't a good argument. All developers work really hard but I'm not gunna go out and buy every game ever made. Just the ones I'm interested in. If none of a persons favourite characters get in then they may not see any reason to buy this game and that's fair enough. I don't think you should be judging them for that or saying your disgusted by them though. It just seems a little harsh. 

Message 38 of 47 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
722 posts

Oct 6, 2012
I can't agree with the part about Paul...he has plenty to gain, and has already. I honestly don't know anymore if he is good for SB or not. I have not childishly bad mouthed him here, but I will say I don't agree with his methods.
Message 39 of 47 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
677 posts

Oct 6, 2012
Liam I understand what your saying but people on the forum don't need to make 600 threads about new Dante I don't care stop **bleep** and I don't wanna no if you canncled pre order don't post it
Message 40 of 47 (72 Views)
0 Likes