Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Re: I think it's official

Oct 26, 2012
Street Fighter had 2 characters not 12 and SF2 had 8...
Message 61 of 331 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Oct 26, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

No, I'm not. Have you played UMVC3? Have you seen how many people are actually used? Wesker, Sentinel, Dante, Vergil, Akuma, Wolverine, Nova, and Zero are the most highly used characters; bar none. They're used over, and over, and over. You'll never see someone like Hsien Ko, or X23. You may see the occasional Spencer or Iron Man. But altogether nobody has variety, nobody tries to do anything different.

Its because the game is unbalanced like all hell. See, the reason people use Kratos and Radec in this so far in the beta is because they're ridiculously easy to use. Occasionally though you'll see a Parappa, or a Fat Princess, or a Sly who's really good at crowd control and whatnot because they know what they're doing. Its because this game, at least so far with the 6 characters we've seen, has some pretty good balance.

20 characters is a great place to have starting balance and I hope the next game only has 30. For a tournament fighter, having too many characters takes away from the game ever being truly taken seriously. MVC2 is known to be an unbalanced mess. If Smash Bros didn't ban Metaknight it'd be taken less seriously than it already is as well.

Besides... denial? I suppose you've actually known what the fighting scene is like, right? Do you know what frame advantage means? Do you even know what frames 'are'?

Theres no such thing as too many characters and there's no need to resort to insults I"ve played marvel vs capcom to death and I think its a model for what fighting game should be

Message 62 of 331 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Oct 26, 2012

GeorgeWoodNavgtr wrote:
I hate you all.

Heart I love you too Heart

Message 63 of 331 (183 Views)
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Oct 26, 2012
For a game like this that completely relies on the roster to sell copies, they shouldve had a 24 character roster.
Message 64 of 331 (182 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

Oct 26, 2012
Different developers have different balancing states. Zodian the games you mentioned had a lot of clones. I listed first time games and some were made recently. Persona 4 arena had 13, skull girls only had 8. No carbon copies in either of those 2. Balanced as well.
Message 65 of 331 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Oct 26, 2012

ZodianKnight wrote:
You people obviously didn't even read the list of games a layed out on the table. So stupid.

Sorry, wasn't able to see yours.

Rival Schools has 21 characters, yes. It also has 42 characters in japan. But, as we all know, that game wasn't successful because of its poor balance and gameplay. I love the game though, don't get me wrong.

Gundam Assault? You do realize that's not a tournament fighter played at stuff like Evo, right?

Ehrgeiz? Read Gundam Assault. Its not a tournament fighter. It was also pretty horrible, except for like three character designs (See Godhand, the guy with the rocket knees, and the beast girl. Screw your Final Fantasy, it completely took the game and made it die.)

Dissidia? That's not a tournament fighter, that's an RPG fighter and the first of its kind. Not to mention horrible balance. That's why gems in SFxT are so frowned on.

Virtual On? Yeah, that's as much of a fighter as Armored Core is. No.

Message 66 of 331 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Oct 26, 2012
ALRIGHT EVERYONE YOU'VE CONVINCED ME SUPERBOT IS JESUS
ALL HAIL SUPERBOT BEST DEV OF FIGHTING GAMES ALLTIME
OMAR KENDELL 2012

Message 67 of 331 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Oct 26, 2012

sawao_yama wrote:
Different developers have different balancing states. Zodian the games you mentioned had a lot of clones. I listed first time games and some were made recently. Persona 4 arena had 13, skull girls only had 8. No carbon copies in either of those 2. Balanced as well.

blazblue too :/

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 68 of 331 (154 Views)
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Theres no such thing as too many characters and there's no need to resort to insults I"ve played marvel vs capcom to death and I think its a model for what fighting game should be

Unbalanced messes? Oh okay.

Message 69 of 331 (146 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

Oct 26, 2012
I haven't ignored blazblue zeo Smiley Tongue
Message 70 of 331 (143 Views)
0 Likes