Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/09/2012
Offline
355 posts
 

Re: I think it's official

Oct 26, 2012
Who's logic is flawed? I said street fighter had 12 first in the series.
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 331 (207 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/19/2012
Offline
1517 posts
 

Re: I think it's official

Oct 26, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

ihatemath113 wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

Its not casual to not play online. I hate online. I hate dealing with the constant same characters over and over. Heck, right now, I'm playing Street Fighter X Tekken on Versus Mode against a computer, putting everything to Random Select. Now that's fun.

 

Still. 20 characters is a great place to start. Its not too much (see UMVC3, SFxT), and its not too little (see BlazBlue, Persona 4 Arena).


TOO MANY CHARACTERS?!?!? LOL now you're just in denial 


i wonder if ihatemath actually reads things :/ i never saw you say theres too many characters

 


you must be blind "Its not too much (see UMVC3, SFxT)," 


Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 331 (206 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2011
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: I think it's official

Oct 26, 2012

Level_Code wrote:

pb_mal wrote:
For people that aren't casual gamers such as myself (don't be online unless playing beta) I expected more characters

I'm a casual gamer and I don't care if the characters were unbalanced because of it, the more characters the better. I don't plan on entering any tournaments, I just want to play with my friends. I'm not even expecting Brawl's 35+, I'd be happy with Melee's 25, it's just that Brawlers thrive off of characters and stages, unlike 1V1 fighting games that are all about hardcore gaming and balance.


This is an original, the fact that PSASBR1 has 20 launch characters that had to not only be made from the ground up.  They also had to be 100% unique to the games the characters came from.  Also, if this game wasn't balanced no one would like it.

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 331 (194 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/08/2012
Offline
2516 posts
 

Re: I think it's official

Oct 26, 2012

No, I'm not. Have you played UMVC3? Have you seen how many people are actually used? Wesker, Sentinel, Dante, Vergil, Akuma, Wolverine, Nova, and Zero are the most highly used characters; bar none. They're used over, and over, and over. You'll never see someone like Hsien Ko, or X23. You may see the occasional Spencer or Iron Man. But altogether nobody has variety, nobody tries to do anything different.

 

Its because the game is unbalanced like all hell. See, the reason people use Kratos and Radec in this so far in the beta is because they're ridiculously easy to use. Occasionally though you'll see a Parappa, or a Fat Princess, or a Sly who's really good at crowd control and whatnot because they know what they're doing. Its because this game, at least so far with the 6 characters we've seen, has some pretty good balance.

 

20 characters is a great place to have starting balance and I hope the next game only has 30. For a tournament fighter, having too many characters takes away from the game ever being truly taken seriously. MVC2 is known to be an unbalanced mess. If Smash Bros didn't ban Metaknight it'd be taken less seriously than it already is as well.

 

Besides... denial? I suppose you've actually known what the fighting scene is like, right? Do you know what frame advantage means? Do you even know what frames 'are'?

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 331 (190 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2011
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: I think it's official

Oct 26, 2012

sawao_yama wrote:
Who's logic is flawed? I said street fighter had 12 first in the series.

Yes, and PSASBR has 20 characters which is a great start for a first game.

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 331 (185 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 09/01/2012
Offline
633 posts
 

Re: I think it's official

Oct 26, 2012
You people obviously didn't even read the list of games a layed out on the table. So stupid.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 331 (179 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/09/2012
Offline
355 posts
 

Re: I think it's official

Oct 26, 2012
Oh thought you were arguing noc :\ lol sorry man.
Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 331 (173 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/19/2012
Offline
191 posts
 

Re: I think it's official

Oct 26, 2012
I hate you all.
Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 331 (161 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2011
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: I think it's official

Oct 26, 2012

sawao_yama wrote:
Oh thought you were arguing noc :\ lol sorry man.

Oh, I'm really tired I guess I took your comment the wrong way. Lol :womanlol:  It's though man and I'm sorry too.

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 331 (158 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
6850 posts
 

Re: I think it's official

Oct 26, 2012

ihatemath113 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

ihatemath113 wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

Its not casual to not play online. I hate online. I hate dealing with the constant same characters over and over. Heck, right now, I'm playing Street Fighter X Tekken on Versus Mode against a computer, putting everything to Random Select. Now that's fun.

 

Still. 20 characters is a great place to start. Its not too much (see UMVC3, SFxT), and its not too little (see BlazBlue, Persona 4 Arena).


TOO MANY CHARACTERS?!?!? LOL now you're just in denial 


i wonder if ihatemath actually reads things :/ i never saw you say theres too many characters

 


you must be blind "Its not too much (see UMVC3, SFxT)," 


actually they did have A LOT of characters :/ more than id ever use, im a huge fighting gamer and i say they have too much.

 



http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 331 (153 Views)
Reply
0 Likes