Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Re: I think it's official

Oct 26, 2012

Its not casual to not play online. I hate online. I hate dealing with the constant same characters over and over. Heck, right now, I'm playing Street Fighter X Tekken on Versus Mode against a computer, putting everything to Random Select. Now that's fun.

Still. 20 characters is a great place to start. Its not too much (see UMVC3, SFxT), and its not too little (see BlazBlue, Persona 4 Arena).

Message 41 of 331 (479 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
253 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2012

pb_mal wrote:
For people that aren't casual gamers such as myself (don't be online unless playing beta) I expected more characters

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Message 42 of 331 (478 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Silverfalcon3000 wrote:

that I'm going to be dissapointed with this game, I've played the beta, and generally like it, but only 14 stages, 20 characters and 2 alt suites. c'mon. I find it hard to believe that 3rd party companies where really that hard to work with considering what Omar said back in May. and what's with team Ico not allowing Ico in? their a first party company not allowing superbot to use them is straight up blasphemy. 

Well, obviously Square and Activision have different priorities and the characters they're asking for don't match them.  Most likely Square and Activision are offering the ones they want at higher prices while Square offering Lightning at a lower price and Activision offering Ghost at a lower price or Sgt Woods.  I'm not sure who they would offer isntead of Crash Bandicoot for cheaper but I do know it would be from CoD.  As for team Ico they have always been strict with their characters so I'm not suprised at all none of their characters are in this game.

Message 43 of 331 (477 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Oct 26, 2012
For a game that's representing all of playstation history 20 is a small amount
Message 44 of 331 (472 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1754 posts

Oct 26, 2012

I've never played a Persona game before, so I can't argue with that. I'm not asking for a roster filled with 50 characters, I just think 20 is a little to low. 25 characters would be perfect.

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/2mx350z.png[/IMG]
Message 45 of 331 (470 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Oct 26, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Its not casual to not play online. I hate online. I hate dealing with the constant same characters over and over. Heck, right now, I'm playing Street Fighter X Tekken on Versus Mode against a computer, putting everything to Random Select. Now that's fun.

Still. 20 characters is a great place to start. Its not too much (see UMVC3, SFxT), and its not too little (see BlazBlue, Persona 4 Arena).

TOO MANY CHARACTERS?!?!? LOL now you're just in denial 

Message 46 of 331 (440 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

Oct 26, 2012
First game in the series. What part do people not understand? Street fighter had 12, sf2 had around 16. Boy I really don't know why I post here.
Message 47 of 331 (430 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Oct 26, 2012

ihatemath113 wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

TOO MANY CHARACTERS?!?!? LOL now you're just in denial 

i wonder if ihatemath actually reads things :/ i never saw you say theres too many characters

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 48 of 331 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Oct 26, 2012

SF2 is a sequel, PSASBR1 is the original PSASBR.  Your logic is flawed.

Message 49 of 331 (418 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
273 posts

Oct 26, 2012

pb_mal wrote:
For people that aren't casual gamers such as myself (don't be online unless playing beta) I expected more characters

I'm a casual gamer and I don't care if the characters were unbalanced because of it, the more characters the better. I don't plan on entering any tournaments, I just want to play with my friends. I'm not even expecting Brawl's 35+, I'd be happy with Melee's 25, it's just that Brawlers thrive off of characters and stages, unlike 1V1 fighting games that are all about hardcore gaming and balance.

Message 50 of 331 (415 Views)