Jul 29 2012
By: Goldhawk1 Keyblade Wielder 9807 posts

I think I might be an all-stars fanboy

5 replies 101 views Edited Jul 29, 2012

Not very fond of the name...

But anyway, when there were rumors I was kind of excited to see what they could come up with.  When they finally announced it I was excited but still on the fence about the game.

They've announced a few characters which I was a bit excited for but none of this excitement really lead to anything for me.  I thought the game could still flop and that it'd just be an exclusive I could skip over. 

When they announced the beta I absolutely had to get in... clockw0rk contacted me (which was AWESOME) and got in the beta the day it ended this week...

I love it.  I got really annoyed because my nephew was using my laptop for a bunch of stuff and it was making the game lag a bit but otherwise I had a great experience.  I don't want to touch any other games and suddenly I'm excited to see who's in the game etc. 

My only complaints so far are that:

1. the beta time is really short

2. we don't have access to a lot of content (even the stuff that was already announced)

3. it's 1 player only :smileysad:

4. online only game mode

That means we won't have access to test different characters moves, maps, items, and game types.  We won't be able to report bugs (before launch obviously) for offline modes and trying to have multiple account sign ins. 

I can't wait for this game.  Cant' man...just can't... I hope sony goes big with this one. 

Message 1 of 6 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1724 posts

Re: I think I might be an all-stars fanboy

Jul 29, 2012

Hey, always better than a nintendo one.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 6 (92 Views)
Fender Bender
2324 posts

Jul 29, 2012

Glad to have you on board:smileyhappy:.

FYI: Superbot didn't come up with the name, SONY did.

Message 3 of 6 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1659 posts

Jul 29, 2012

MrEpic1 wrote:

Just... why?

Message 4 of 6 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3150 posts

Jul 29, 2012
Because of the way they act towards All-Stars fans.
Message 5 of 6 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9807 posts

Jul 29, 2012

MrEpic1 wrote:

or 360 :smileysick:

I just hope we see a somewhat interesting story mode (with at least 1-2 players), there's already an arcade mode so I don't have to worry about that, a bunch of online game modes, tournaments set up by sony, a bunch of offline custom games, online custom games, hopefully a cinema (not expecting much, but Uncharted 3 cinema set my standards pretty high for online games now), and offline VS AI modes (probably offline custom matches).

This is a great chance to bring back the great "couch co-op" the ps2 had.  Ps3 games have been lacking this like CRAZY... I remember all the great ps2 games where you could play with one or more friends and have a great time...not "hey this game is great but we have to take turns (and potentially switching accounts on and off) every few deaths/games" 

This game could do so much.  I'd like to see the standard "couch co-op" return and also...redefine the genre too. 

Message 6 of 6 (53 Views)
0 Likes