Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 15 2012
By: Subtenko Fender Bender 4213 posts

I saw a Crash Bandicoot-like Stage watching this, did you?

[ Edited ]
8 replies 837 views Edited Nov 15, 2012

Watching the Invasion video, I easily saw how a Crash Bandicoot level in my mind. The Ape Escape mashup is the only ps1 classic with a jungle environment in the game atm too. Btw, I'm not a crazed Crash Bandicoot fan. I even pick Sora over him. Moving on...

At around 1:45 is the flames against the green ground reminding me off the woompa fruit standing out against the bg. Also around that time it sounds like that woopma fruit collection sound fx..sorta.

So yea, anyone else think of a Crash Bandicoot level because of this part of the Invasion stage mashup?

Now the thing is how would they make the level? Would it be a siderunner level or just an environment with no motion? Now I hope they use CB: Warped for a mashup  in particular but this stage helped me invision it for sure. What about you all?

--------NEW PlayStation All-Stars Forums-------
http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums
- Join the PlayStation All-Stars Arena with us.Contest, Tournaments, Updates, & More! New Forums Too!

Message 1 of 9 (837 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6994 posts

Re: I saw a Crash Bandicoot-like Stage watching this, did you?

Nov 15, 2012

I always wanted a Crash x Jak stage or Jak x Uncharted stage :smileysad:

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 2 of 9 (798 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
327 posts

Nov 15, 2012
I am there with you on the Sora idea ^^
Message 3 of 9 (793 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Nov 15, 2012
I noticed that too. but We can only hope.
BeFunky_Untitled
Message 4 of 9 (732 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Sorry, but I think you're just grabbing at straws.

Message 5 of 9 (541 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
886 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Ma-mashi wrote:
I am there with you on the Sora idea ^^

me too

sora signature photo: signature Sora.png
Funny allstars vid! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RodONCh8mxA eager face photo: Eager face thSpongeBobBandGeeks.gif
Message 6 of 9 (517 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Nov 16, 2012

I cant see it 

Message 7 of 9 (500 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
195 posts

Nov 16, 2012

That's Ape Escape, actually. You can see monkeys running around. Though due to the jungle setting, it does have a Crash feel to it. Either way, the Invasion stage looks better than I imagined!

Message 8 of 9 (350 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Nov 16, 2012

It's definitely Ape Escape, but I see that it does look somewhat Crash-esque. In all honesty, because Ape Escape's level is the Time chamber from the game, I don't think a Crash level should do the Time Twister warp chamber from Crash 3, as it might be a similar experience, when I think about it. Another immediate Crash-styled level would be the jungle, with Crash's house, but again, Jak sort of stole that for this game's Jak and Daxter level, so it'd be a bit similar.

I personally think N.Sanity Beach would fit quite nicely as a level location and one that is iconic of Crash. It was the first location played in for Crash 1, seen just before the credtis of Crash 2, a racing level in CTR Crash Team Racing and pops up in other variants throughout the series, including Crash Twinsanity. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8XJtnWafl8

Alternatively, it would be great to see Mecha Bandicoot (piloted by N.Gin) and Cortex invade a realistic-style level, like Killzone's (2:06 of this video for Mecha Bandicoot with Cortex): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoAKp5ls-ZA

Message 9 of 9 (259 Views)
0 Likes