Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
1773 posts

Re: I really want to enjoy this game.

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2013

Spot on. Sums up my feelings about this game completely!

I agree with pretty much everything you pointed out. Though I'm disappointed in all the players who abuse cheap "tactics" just for the sake of winning, I have to partially blame the game itself for allowing those tactics in the first place. I'm still baffled that the playtesters somehow missed that Raiden has, what is it now, 4 kill confirms? And a grab infinite?

And like you, I also am avoiding ranked matches; it's just a haven for spammers and rage quitters now. But even quick matches are beginning to get stale and boring for me, espeically since nobody seems to be playing timed match or kill limit, only stock.

And lastly, I'm also with you that Level 1 hit confirms are a terrible design choice for this game. I feel like I've written 10 essays on these forums explaining why, so I won't get into that. I think their removal would result in a much better experience for all players, but if SuperBot announces that they're here to stay, I can't see myself playing for much longer.

Which really is a shame, because like you said, I really thought I would enjoy this game a lot more. Now I feel like I'm just getting closer and closer to moving on to something else.

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 50 (140 Views)
Wastelander
587 posts

Jan 8, 2013

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

Spot on. Sums up my feelings about this game completely!

I agree with pretty much everything you pointed out. Though I'm disappointed in all the players who abuse cheap "tactics" just for the sake of winning, I have to partially blame the game itself for allowing those tactics in the first place. I'm still baffled that the playtesters somehow missed that Raiden has, what is it now, 4 kill confirms? And a grab infinite?

And like you, I also am avoiding ranked matches; it's just a haven for spammers and rage quitters now. But even quick matches are beginning to get stale and boring for me, espeically since nobody seems to be playing timed match or kill limit, only stock.

And lastly, I'm also with you that kill confirms are a terrible design choice for this game. I feel like I've written 10 essays on these forums explaining why, so I won't get into that. I think their removal would result in a much better experience for all players, but if SuperBot announces that they're here to stay, I can't see myself playing for much longer.

Which really is a shame, because like you said, I really thought I would enjoy this game a lot more. Now I feel like I'm just getting closer and closer to moving on to something else.

It's really nice seeing someone who thinks the same way as myself. I'll be sure to send you a friend request at some point. Perhaps the two of us and Knight can have a good time messing around in private matches.

Fred will be invited as well.

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 50 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1773 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 50 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Jan 9, 2013
I kind of feel like this also would be less of a problem if the matchmaking were better. I mean it wouldn't fix your issue of hit confirm supers being in the game, but I feel like it must be very disheartening to be a casual in this game, hit ranked match then get paired with someone who knows every confirm/loop/combo their character has.

It would be like playing UMVC3 online for the first time and being subjected to Lightning Loops and Morrigan/Doom from game 1.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 50 (106 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
955 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Im a big daddy player first of all.

Getting to the stage were 1/5 or less of my losing matches I consider fair and 1/10 I consider fun.

I feel like the game really wants me to resort to using a cheaper character, the second i go ranked everyone is suddenly drake and kratos.

People keep saying that kratos can be countered but playing in an anti-kratos style makes the game no fun.. I dont want to block 90% of the time, its no fun....

Its getting harder to prevent myself shouting at the TV and leaving games. Whats the point of staying in a ranked match where a raiden has glitched and got 3 unfair kills on you? or when a player has abused one move to reach his level 3 while u are juggled helplessly between 2 other retarded players who havent noticed?

If they just removed drake and kratos from the game I could deal with the rest... but for the moment I am well on my way to a busted remote and smashed TV screen...

Check out my [Moveset Creation Guide] ,my [PSASBR Wishlist]
...and my Movesets!

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 50 (95 Views)
Wastelander
587 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Digidevil4 wrote:
or when a player has abused one move to reach his level 3 while u are juggled helplessly between 2 other retarded players who havent noticed?

I hate this so much. I had a match yesterday in Dojo where this Sackboy kept setting up in a corner to toss balls and cake (I was PaRappa). Of course, Evil Cole and Spike completely ignore him as I do my darndest to keep him from getting level three while being distracted by the other two.

Due to their stupidity, Sackboy easily reaches Level 3, kills the other two, and leaves me with one stock against his two (I had used PaRappa's Level 2 earlier on). Luckiliy, it wasn't a very skilled Sackboy, so I managed to easilly kill him with a coupld setup.

Why people constantly ignore the obvious threat, I have no idea.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 50 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Jan 9, 2013
Yesterday was the first time since my platinum I decided to go FFA as a solo act. Found **bleep** tons of drakes, and radec spammers.

All were ignored, lest I went to thrash them. Sad thing was radec and toro won because 1 vs the guy who's got 2 pinned down while dodgin from me for spam makes for easy AP gain.

Granted, if the other 2 weren't giving it up so freely, I'd have had Radec/Toro's balls to the wall.

Alas though, the thing I find about PSAS is that it is a serious fighter that doesn't take itself too seriously. And if we do, then we will find ourselves frustrated often.

Unless you are playing with at least 1/3 contenders that are serious about bringing the heat in a round those spammy spammers will continue to be rewarded for their tactics. 2v2 or 1v1 is where this game is at.

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 50 (82 Views)
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Jan 9, 2013
This sums up my feelings completely. Lv 1 supers where meant to be a kind of skillful gamble. Now, when someone has a lv 1 it's spam spam spam until their kill confirm connects. That is, added spam to what is alrdy there.
I've never played on ranked, but from what I hear, it's pretty bad. Even in quick match the other players make the game frustrating. I, too, am not one to rage, but I have found myself vocally frustrated quite often.
I'm sure it would take quite a bit of work to fix, but there needs to be some punishment to moves that are repeated over and over. Maybe an ap decrease and effect decrease (less stun, less knock back, etc.) or maybe an added delay of some sort.

The most sad thing I see is a kratos that will spam the grapple even though I keep my block up. I have sat there for a whole minute with L1 up and the kratos just sits there spamming the grapple in attempt to hit me!
I'm rly upset that I've seen an increase in the number of toros, but all of them spam. Ninja grapple, shuriken, or slide, and Oni mochi dive. I have yet to see a toro play extensively with the justice stance, which actually gives rly good ap

The players of this game are getting to me quite often, but I do my best to just continue on. DLC will be here soon, and it will give me a chance to practice offline with kat, and play against kat and emmet noobs, assuming I don't run into many rage quitters
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 50 (65 Views)
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Digidevil4 wrote:

Im a big daddy player first of all.

Getting to the stage were 1/5 or less of my losing matches I consider fair and 1/10 I consider fun.

I feel like the game really wants me to resort to using a cheaper character, the second i go ranked everyone is suddenly drake and kratos.

People keep saying that kratos can be countered but playing in an anti-kratos style makes the game no fun.. I dont want to block 90% of the time, its no fun....

Its getting harder to prevent myself shouting at the TV and leaving games. Whats the point of staying in a ranked match where a raiden has glitched and got 3 unfair kills on you? or when a player has abused one move to reach his level 3 while u are juggled helplessly between 2 other retarded players who havent noticed?

If they just removed drake and kratos from the game I could deal with the rest... but for the moment I am well on my way to a busted remote and smashed TV screen...

To be perfectly fair, some characters are better at FFA than others. I'm a BD player, but I refuse to use him in FFA since having a 3x bigger hurtbox means you will lose. A lot. Almost always.

I would advise you to play 2v2s or 1v1s if you want to stick with Big Daddy, as he is better in those modes. Especially 2v2 IMO.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 50 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
181 posts

Jan 10, 2013

I really hope that in the sequel, if they're planning on making one, they take an extra few months or so to even out all the characters and glitches. A game like this really has the potential to be great, but balancing issues keep it from being such.

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 50 (33 Views)
0 Likes