Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Re: I really want to enjoy this game.

Jan 8, 2013
So it seems that high rank people spam the same move all the time I haven't even play the game in weeks and I feel like a need a break from it already.
Message 31 of 50 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5254 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:

TomatoDragon wrote:

As far as the kill confirms go...Superbot has been shown playing and using them.  I kind of find it hard that they "accidently" put in a kill confirm for every character if it wasn't intended.  I personally have no issues with them.  I've had them done against me and I've used them.

I don't care if they were accidently put in or not. I don't care if SuperBot thinks they're alright. In my mind, the inclusion of them is one of the biggest mistakes I've seen. 

I know it's only my opinion, but I believe absolutely no good comes from a mechanic that removes all the potential of the Super system, guarantees a kill after landing a simple move, is so incredibly easy to pull off even brand new players can do it, is only applied to certain characters; giving those characters a distinct advantage in a match, and makes the game wholeheartedly stale; removing all the intensity a match can have as players rely on them for the entire time instead having to do more risky and more meaningful setups.

That is just terrible design in my mind. I can't get over that.

Also, @kupomogli: I appreciate you having my back like that, but he really wasn't attacking me.

Well I'm glad you didn't see me as attacking you, because I'm wholeheartedly not.  I'm just looking at this rationally. 

No one can tell you that "you" don't think the mechanic can be in the game.  You obviously take issue with it and that's fine.  But then it comes down to...what can be done about it?

It's obviously a gameplay tactic that Superbot built into the game.  I honestly don't see them reworking practically all the characters to remove it.  So now, it comes down to the player to make adjustments and adapt.

I main Nariko, and as far as kill confirms go...her's is probably one of the hardest.  Hence why I practically never use it.  Now..if I were smart, I might try to choose another character with an easier setup.  But...I'm not smart, so I stick with her.  But you learn what to watch for when you are playing against a Raiden or a Sly or so on.

Again, I'm not trying to argue.  I just have a different outlook on the whole kill confirm thing.  It doesn't bother me.  I just folks wouldn't suddenly accuse somebody of going into shark mode and attacking just because they have a different stance on the matter.

ps.  And by no means to I think the game if flawless.  I do think there are a few things that could use some fixing...but I think they are more design oriented than gameplay.  Mainly the menus.

Message 32 of 50 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
587 posts

Jan 8, 2013

I want to reiterate so that people won't get the wrong idea. I know how to fight back against Kill Confirms. I know how to avoid them. Of course, I can't dodge them forever since I'm not at all pro, but I can see them coming. 

I'm only saying this because there's always people who come up and try to talk to me as if they're trying to teach me a game I already know how to play. My problem with Kill Confirms is not that I don't know how to defend myself against them and fight back. I do get caught in them often enough, but as I said, I'm not at all pro and I can't avoid them forever.

My problem with them is that they exist. Period.

I don't want to make this look like I'm directly aiming this at you, TomatoDragon. I'm just speaking to the people in general that love to repeat the same crap over and over about dodging, blocking, and adapting so they can feel smart. It's become a pet peeve of mine.

Message 33 of 50 (113 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
260 posts

Jan 8, 2013
Sounds likes personal problem to me :T
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 34 of 50 (111 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5254 posts

Jan 8, 2013
No worries, Gale. I hear ya.

Message 35 of 50 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4120 posts

Jan 8, 2013

just do what i do gale

stay out of ranked matches completely and play nothing but versus matches with friends. Its way more fun and less frustrating then playing with strangers on those **bleep** quick matches

Message 36 of 50 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
587 posts

Jan 8, 2013

khknight wrote:

just do what i do gale

stay out of ranked matches completely and play nothing but versus matches with friends. Its way more fun and less frustrating then playing with strangers on those **bleep** quick matches

I stopped playing Ranked as soon as I got to Purple. I knew it wouldn't be worth it trying to go any higher so I stuck to Quick matches.

It was going fine for a while, but it kept getting worse by the day for some reason.

Message 37 of 50 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
587 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Tankmen404 wrote:
Sounds likes personal problem to me :T

Probably because it is. Who woulda thunk?

Message 38 of 50 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4120 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:

khknight wrote:

just do what i do gale

I stopped playing Ranked as soon as I got to Purple. I knew it wouldn't be worth it trying to go any higher so I stuck to Quick matches.

It was going fine for a while, but it kept getting worse by the day for some reason.

so me and my freind decided to play some ranked 2v2.

in our 4th match we ran into a toro player who spammed the same infinite loop combo over and over which give him a level one before the ap burst kicked in. Then he proceeded to kill confirm with level 1.

This exactly why ranked match and this game is just **bleep**.

I wanna love this game but i gotta be bruttally honest. As long as looping combos and kill confirms stay, this game will always be an unbalanced fighter that will never see the light of competitive tourneys 

Message 39 of 50 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Jan 8, 2013
My only issue is people being scared, or worried, of losing. Example. I was 1, maybe 2, hits away from my lvl 3 with sir dan. Me and the enemy were the last ones. Right before getting it, the dude quits.
If u have a mic and would like to fight with or against me, add me!
Message 40 of 50 (73 Views)
0 Likes