Uncharted Territory
1268 posts

Re: I really want to enjoy this game.

Jan 8, 2013

I would use kratos but if they nerf him I won't have to feel bad anymore using him but my real main is parappa.

Message 21 of 50 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Jan 8, 2013

TomatoDragon wrote:

Sounds like its not the game you have an issue with... but the players.

You can't nerf or buff players. :-) This is just the nature of fighters. It'll always be like that. Just gotta figure out ways to approach these situations.

Oh look.  The very first comment attacking someone for making valid statements about the game. 

He gave valid complaints.    I'd rather bash your opinion over his because you're kind that fills this board.  Noob players who think they're good. 

Raiden is one of the many characters I've played and gotten good with, and while there are few good Raidens online, those noobs are actually getting better.  Except for the fact that their skill isn't increasing outside of learning kill confirms.  Anytime they get a level one, you know what they're going for.  Forward square, grab forward square, air down triangle, jumping forward o, constantly until they hit with one of those attacks.  However, these same noob Raiden's actually suck as playing with him outside of knowing hit confirms.  

Want to know some AP bursts with Raiden.  There are many ways to get into one but here's one I don't ever see people use.  Air forward triangle, air up triangle, right, up square, air combo ending with up triangle or neutral triangle.  Only one attack on this AP burst is done on the ground, and it's easier to get this off than you'd expect.  You can get an AP burst from the air forward o.  Air forward o, forward square(hit confirm combo,) down o, up square, air combo ending with up triangle or neutral triangle.  The same AP burst can be done from a grab.  

So with so many ways to both kill confirm and AP burst with Raiden, I'd say his point when mentioning Raiden was very valid.  It's not just the player.  I dislike anyone who attacks people because of their skill level unless the person has actually played with or against them and actually know what they're talking about.  Those people are probably insecure about the lack of skill they have in the game and make posts because most people probably don't know how good you are and increase thte size of your e-**bleep**.

Message 22 of 50 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1696 posts

Jan 8, 2013
yeah, it's funny how the rage quitter is almost always the host
stock matches are nearly unplayable when you're beasting
"Say Pam, ever hung from a ceiling fan while your partner sat on a paint mixer"
 photo lordvv-1.gifVegeta GIF photo vegeta.gif
Message 23 of 50 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Jan 8, 2013

I want too but sadly I own Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Message 24 of 50 (151 Views)
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Jan 8, 2013

STFUAJPG

Message 25 of 50 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1268 posts

Jan 8, 2013

TRAITORSmiley Mad

Message 26 of 50 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Jan 8, 2013

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:
- Franzea being chosen the most out of every other stage.

Franzea is the crappiest stage of them all. It's not just the stupid graphic style which some people will no doubt claim "staying true to the original game" **bleep** argument, the choice of colors and the way the stage evolves is just stupid.
 It is way too distracting a stage followed closely by the Time Station stage.

Franzea is the **bleep**test stage of the game.

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 27 of 50 (137 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5485 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

kupomogli wrote:

TomatoDragon wrote:

Sounds like its not the game you have an issue with... but the players.

You can't nerf or buff players. :-) This is just the nature of fighters. It'll always be like that. Just gotta figure out ways to approach these situations.

Oh look.  The very first comment attacking someone for making valid statements about the game. 

He gave valid complaints.    I'd rather bash your opinion over his because you're kind that fills this board.  Noob players who think they're good. 

Raiden is one of the many characters I've played and gotten good with, and while there are few good Raidens online, those noobs are actually getting better.  Except for the fact that their skill isn't increasing outside of learning kill confirms.  Anytime they get a level one, you know what they're going for.  Forward square, grab forward square, air down triangle, jumping forward o, constantly until they hit with one of those attacks.  However, these same noob Raiden's actually suck as playing with him outside of knowing hit confirms.  

Want to know some AP bursts with Raiden.  There are many ways to get into one but here's one I don't ever see people use.  Air forward triangle, air up triangle, right, up square, air combo ending with up triangle or neutral triangle.  Only one attack on this AP burst is done on the ground, and it's easier to get this off than you'd expect.  You can get an AP burst from the air forward o.  Air forward o, forward square(hit confirm combo,) down o, up square, air combo ending with up triangle or neutral triangle.  The same AP burst can be done from a grab.  

So with so many ways to both kill confirm and AP burst with Raiden, I'd say his point when mentioning Raiden was very valid.  It's not just the player.  I dislike anyone who attacks people because of their skill level unless the person has actually played with or against them and actually know what they're talking about.  Those people are probably insecure about the lack of skill they have in the game and make posts because most people probably don't know how good you are and increase thte size of your e-**bleep**.

Say what?  Wow, man.  I don't know where all that came from.  First off...I'm not a noob.  I've had the game since day one.  Nariko is my main and in the 900's.

I was in no way attacking the guy.  I was just saying that, with all the points he made, they all seemed to stem from how gamers play the game...not the actual game mechanics.

I've been playing fighters since the late 80's and there is no way that spam can ever be gotten rid of.  It's just not possible because everything that inheritly makes up a figher, will undoubltly have some sort of spam that gamers will gravitate to.

I remember in the first SFII.  Ryu of Ken's low weak kick.  You could get someone stuck in it for like 5 hits.  Also throws were considered cheap spam back then.  If someone threw you, there was this SFII culture rule that said you had to let your opponent throw you back.  This was at the arcades mind you, and if you didn't abide by this "rule," tempers flared.

And in no way did I attack the op's skill, nor did I ever claim that I was some Allstars guru.  I've never fought him so I have no idea.  I was only responding with what I have learned while playing this game.  Spammy Raiden and Kratos players, once you get the hang of it, are easy to deal with because of predictibility.  In fact...any opponent is easier to deal with if you figure out the pattern.

As far as the kill confirms go...Superbot has been shown playing and using them.  I kind of find it hard that they "accidently" put in a kill confirm for every character if it wasn't intended.  I personally have no issues with them.  I've had them done against me and I've used them.

Relax, man.  I never attacked anyone.  

Message 28 of 50 (123 Views)
Wastelander
587 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Fromundaman wrote:
It seems that half of your problems come from the online service in general, which Superbot is aware of and may someday in a far off future fix, and the other half comes from not knowing how to get around things. If you want, I am willing to help you out with the latter.

I know how to get around things well enough. It's that they happen so constantly that frustrate me.  However, I would still like to fight you. To see if I actually just suck at the game, and for you to judge my skill.

Message 29 of 50 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
587 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

TomatoDragon wrote:

As far as the kill confirms go...Superbot has been shown playing and using them.  I kind of find it hard that they "accidently" put in a kill confirm for every character if it wasn't intended.  I personally have no issues with them.  I've had them done against me and I've used them.

I don't care if they were accidently put in or not. I don't care if SuperBot thinks they're alright. In my mind, the inclusion of them is one of the biggest mistakes I've seen. 

I know it's only my opinion, but I believe absolutely no good comes from a mechanic that removes all the potential of the Super system, guarantees a kill after landing a simple move, is so incredibly easy to pull off even brand new players can do it, is only applied to certain characters; giving those characters a distinct advantage in a match, and makes the game wholeheartedly stale; removing all the intensity a match can have as players rely on them for the entire time instead having to do more risky and more meaningful setups.

That is just terrible design in my mind. I can't get over that.

Also, @kupomogli: I appreciate you having my back like that, but he really wasn't attacking me.

Message 30 of 50 (98 Views)