Aug 29 2012
By: psychoticmantis Wastelander 609 posts

I really hope "Belts" are what I think they are...

31 replies 701 views Edited Aug 29, 2012

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Omar Kendall worked with THQ on "UFC Undisputed", and I kept trying to figure out how he could incorporate some of that experience into this game, and now I see this... 

playstationallstars1.png

So i'm wondering if "Belts" work like they do in WWE, or UFC, where players can win championship belts, and other players can take it from them, Ithink that would be cool. 

Message 1 of 32 (701 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Re: I really hope "Belts" are what I think they are...

Aug 29, 2012
I noticed the Belts, as well. I'm not sure if they're Title Belts like you suggested, though that wouldn't be a bad idea. I thought they might be like small buffs for your character (+5% AP gain when wearing the Super Belt, +5% Speed, etc.). Either way, the presence of things like Icons, Backings, Intros, Outros, Taunts, and Victory music that are unlockable makes me very excited.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 2 of 32 (632 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Aug 29, 2012
Maybe something along the lines of each time you get a PS Trophy, you'll get a belt to put on your character as bragging rights.
Message 3 of 32 (621 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
434 posts

Aug 29, 2012
look at the top of the picture... so do individual characters level up? was that online? that is either gonna be really cool or useless... i doubt SB would put in something completely useless but idk exactly what it is
Message 4 of 32 (605 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1332 posts

Aug 29, 2012

most likely some useless feature to distance it self from smash bros

Message 5 of 32 (592 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Aug 29, 2012

Zebra_Thief wrote:
look at the top of the picture... so do individual characters level up? was that online? that is either gonna be really cool or useless... i doubt SB would put in something completely useless but idk exactly what it is

That caught my eye, too.  Maybe it's just an online rank or something.  However, that was likely a local game, so I'm not so sure about that, either.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 6 of 32 (544 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
434 posts

Aug 29, 2012
My money is on online ranking... in the video i didnt hear anyone else in the background... so maybe it was online? any ideas on what the ratings will do for you?
Message 7 of 32 (535 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
528 posts

Aug 29, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Zebra_Thief wrote:

That caught my eye, too.  Maybe it's just an online rank or something.  However, that was likely a local game, so I'm not so sure about that, either.

It could be that you can just level up whether it's local or online... Which is good for the people that are crazy enough not to have a PSN.

http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
Message 8 of 32 (527 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Aug 29, 2012
Why would online people just sit there doing nothing though?

Message 9 of 32 (519 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Aug 29, 2012
What I think belts are is when you win a tournament you get a belt that would be bragging rights for that tournament.
Message 10 of 32 (513 Views)
0 Likes