Feb 10 2013
By: GaleDaWindMasta Wastelander 587 posts

I'm guessing Drake is just easy to play

13 replies 182 views Edited Feb 10, 2013

Because from the viewpoint of having never played him, he seems a bit more complicated.

Some of you may have noticed that I've been bouncing around characters a bunch with my threads here. The current character I'm trying out is, of course, Drake, since he's been suggested to me multiple times (Dante also has; may try him out soon). 

I'm pretty surprised with how well I adapted to his playstyle. I'm playing him nearly as well as I do my Spike and PaRappa and I've only used him for less than a full day. It's blowing my mind, really.

I'm winning a fair amount of matches and the thing is, with the way I play, I barely even use the oil drum. I do use the AK quite a bit, but usually as a spacing tool. I like sticking with melee combos mostly.

It just bewilders me how quickly I've gotten a grasp on Drake. When I was trying out Nariko, Good Cole, PaRappa, Radec, Sir Daniel, and Jak, it took me quite a bit to figure them out. Even during that brief time I tried out Raiden I just sucked at using him efficiently.

Message 1 of 14 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
810 posts

Re: I'm guessing Drake is just easy to play

Feb 10, 2013
Gun loop barrel gun loop barrel- "Level Three!"
Message 2 of 14 (174 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
886 posts

Feb 10, 2013
took me 10 minutes to get the hang of drake. I dont use him but he is incredibly easy to get good with
sora signature photo: signature Sora.png
Funny allstars vid! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RodONCh8mxA eager face photo: Eager face thSpongeBobBandGeeks.gif
Message 3 of 14 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Feb 10, 2013
Spam? Yes.

"Play"? No.
Message 4 of 14 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
587 posts

Feb 10, 2013

smithery22 wrote:
Spam? Yes.

"Play"? No.

I'm not spamming, but I'm still doing well. >.>

Message 5 of 14 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1087 posts

Feb 10, 2013

I'd honestly have to agree.  As an Uncharted fan, he was one of the first characters I tried when I got the game.  From the get-go I noticed how smoothly his attacks chained together and how you could easily transition from jumping, to sliding, to gunning, etc.  He just seemed easy and fun to play.  I picked him up as my main thinking everyone would be focused on Kratos and Raiden instead.

Boy was I wrong. XD

Message 6 of 14 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Feb 10, 2013
I'm actually pretty **bleep** fed up with all these Drake spammers online. They're all **bleep** **bleep**
Message 7 of 14 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
587 posts

Feb 10, 2013
I find this a huge shame because I'm actually enjoying Drake.

It's bad enough that he receives a lot of hate for how people play him (from myself included), but for him to be so easy to pick up and play ruins the challenge I look for when I try to master a character.
Message 8 of 14 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4401 posts

Feb 10, 2013
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Soon.
Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 9 of 14 (129 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
386 posts

Feb 10, 2013

I use drake and though he is not as complicated to use as Ratchet (my main other main), he doesn't have a lot of amazing moves like other characters like Kratos or Sly Cooper, he is quite linear and doesn't have a lot of air options

Message 10 of 14 (112 Views)
0 Likes