Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Re: I'm **bleep** off at superbot

Sep 23, 2012

barker09 wrote:

I love all the people trying to be mature and acting like they aren't disappointed. Why wouldn't you want to see more characters?

You can be mature and disappointed at the same time. I will admit I'm a little disappointed at the lack of new characters, but at the same time I'm not FURIOUS like so many people are. It was likely just a general showcase for the Japanese audience and maybe SCEJ vetoed the idea of character reveals. We don't know, this could be SCEJ's decision, not Superbot's.

While everyone was staying up late to see if anything would happen, I was being a little more patient and enjoying the information we did get on the single player modes from Seth Killian on the blog (And it's funny how no one's discussing that and acting like nothing new came out of this week at all...). No one forced you to stay up, no one said "stay up tonight, guys, they'll reveal new characters!", you all assumed and got yourself hyped up off nothing and then got angry when those baseless expectations didn't come to fruition.

Sure, I'm disappointed in TGS since I'd like to see more characters get in, but I'm also happy with the roster so far and realise that there is still a two-month wait before the game comes out, and we don't know what'll emerge in that time. If anything, the mystery's made me more curious about what's going to come, and that new trailed did get me hyped to see more of those new stages (funny how everyone's ignoring that little detail too...)

In summary, yes, you can be disappointed, but this doesn't mean you have to fly off the handle and act like it's the end of the world. While Superbot certainly could be a little more communicative, calling them liars and throwing a tantrum isn't going to make them any more willing to speak up. PATIENCE. CHILL.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 21 of 77 (184 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Sep 23, 2012

yooobooyj wrote:

I love how everyones comment back to you is "do they owe you something," "be greatful," and "they didn't promise anything." Seriously that's not even the point and when I hear that I think of me back in elementary school and a kid telling me I can't have his candy if I don't give him an action figure, not a gamer on a gaming forum.

Back on topic the real reason people are p***ed is because THEY AREN'T SAYING ANYTHING! Really it's been two days since the disappointment and your telling me they can't even make a 1min tweet or message on Facebook. We're not asking for characters right now or demanding them like some people are miaking it out to seem to defend the company. We want information right now nothing more nothing less. It doesn't even need to be a big message just a little one that says "more reveals at euroexpo," would be extremely fine.

this^^^

People love to take the high road and look all mature on the forums. I know you love this game and Superbot but come on. They kinda effed up here. A huge missed opportunity and lack of communication with the fans. 

Message 22 of 77 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 23, 2012

Bobthepetferret wrote:

barker09 wrote:

I love all the people trying to be mature and acting like they aren't disappointed. Why wouldn't you want to see more characters?

You can be mature and disappointed at the same time. I will admit I'm a little disappointed at the lack of new characters, but at the same time I'm not FURIOUS like so many people are. It was likely just a general showcase for the Japanese audience and maybe SCEJ vetoed the idea of character reveals. We don't know, this could be SCEJ's decision, not Superbot's.

While everyone was staying up late to see if anything would happen, I was being a little more patient and enjoying the information we did get on the single player modes from Seth Killian on the blog (And it's funny how no one's discussing that and acting like nothing new came out of this week at all...). No one forced you to stay up, no one said "stay up tonight, guys, they'll reveal new characters!", you all assumed and got yourself hyped up off nothing and then got angry when those baseless expectations didn't come to fruition.

Sure, I'm disappointed in TGS since I'd like to see more characters get in, but I'm also happy with the roster so far and realise that there is still a two-month wait before the game comes out, and we don't know what'll emerge in that time. If anything, the mystery's made me more curious about what's going to come, and that new trailed did get me hyped to see more of those new stages (funny how everyone's ignoring that little detail too...)

In summary, yes, you can be disappointed, but this doesn't mean you have to fly off the handle and act like it's the end of the world. While Superbot certainly could be a little more communicative, calling them liars and throwing a tantrum isn't going to make them any more willing to speak up. PATIENCE. CHILL.

Exactly. Some people will deny that they are disappointed when it's perfectly alright to be. I love this game, but I'm not gonna lie to myself and say that TGS wasn't a letdown.

Message 23 of 77 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Sep 23, 2012

I don't consider the stages to be reveals, A) They were just mashed into a trailer and not shown off (Albeit a cool trailer.), and B) We already knew about them long ago and Superbot KNEW we knew.  So yeah, I'm a little disappointed, but I'm happy I went to sleep last night Smiley Happy maybe better luck at the next show!

Message 24 of 77 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Sep 23, 2012
Some of you guys need to get out of SB's **bleep**, the trailer wasn't good it was dull. I feel sorry for people who stayed up to watch it. I enjoyed more gameplay videos but I wanted to see this Loco Roco stage fleshed out. Poor show SuperBot first time I've seriously doubted you.
JJWheatley-Sig2.png
Message 25 of 77 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Sep 23, 2012

yooobooyj wrote:

I love how everyones comment back to you is "do they owe you something," "be greatful," and "they didn't promise anything." Seriously that's not even the point and when I hear that I think of me back in elementary school and a kid telling me I can't have his candy if I don't give him an action figure, not a gamer on a gaming forum.

Back on topic the real reason people are p***ed is because THEY AREN'T SAYING ANYTHING! Really it's been two days since the disappointment and your telling me they can't even make a 1min tweet or message on Facebook. We're not asking for characters right now or demanding them like some people are miaking it out to seem to defend the company. We want information right now nothing more nothing less. It doesn't even need to be a big message just a little one that says "more reveals at euroexpo," would be extremely fine.

But they didnt say they were going to reveal something.
thats like saying.. "why didnt they reveal something last weekend because it was the weekend?" its TGS, but that doesn't mean anything.

people dissapointed themselves by thinking they were going to reveal something. i mean i was dissapointed too but its our own fault not SBs.

ハマり度MAX!!
Message 26 of 77 (149 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Sep 23, 2012

stargateheaven wrote:

yooobooyj wrote:

thats like saying.. "why didnt they reveal something last weekend because it was the weekend?" its TGS, but that doesn't mean anything.

people dissapointed themselves by thinking they were going to reveal something. i mean i was dissapointed too but its our own fault not SBs.

People are more annoyed at the lack of communication all of a sudden. Why would they only reveal stages if there are characters to reveal? It appears, emphasis on appears, that the beta leak was the full roster. 20+ have been confirmed, apparantly, but why are Superbot being so quiet? Would it be difficult for a quick "Characters being revealed at next event" tweet? That would actually build serious hype.

JJWheatley-Sig2.png
Message 27 of 77 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
756 posts

Sep 23, 2012

JJWheatley wrote:

stargateheaven wrote:

yooobooyj wrote:

People are more annoyed at the lack of communication all of a sudden. Why would they only reveal stages if there are characters to reveal? It appears, emphasis on appears, that the beta leak was the full roster. 20+ have been confirmed, apparantly, but why are Superbot being so quiet? Would it be difficult for a quick "Characters being revealed at next event" tweet? That would actually build serious hype.

^^this

Who cares that we didn't see characters at TGS at least give me some info to make me feel better after the disappointment. Just tweet hey stay tuned for euroexpo or the final 20 is the final roster or something. I have to say that yeah maybe TGS is our fault but that doesn't explain why their so silent. All I want is one little tweet or message and I'll be done. I want to go into Euroexpo at least being hyped or not for some news on the game and not another big letdown, which can be easily avoidable by ala tweet on twitter.

Message 28 of 77 (139 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Sep 23, 2012
expect to e banned... swearing isnt tolerated on this forum. even though it gets bleeped
Message 29 of 77 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Sep 23, 2012
Its fine if its bleeped its when you try and get around it they ban you.
also they last tweeted on friday night i think and they dont usually write anything on the weekends.
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 30 of 77 (133 Views)
0 Likes