Jan 13 2013
By: Derek1271996 Wastelander 797 posts

I'm a bit worried about nerfing..

13 replies 269 views Edited Jan 13, 2013

Here's why.

When the game first came out, I loved it (and still do) but a lot of people were complaining about Sackboy.

Eventually, he got nerfed.

Now here's the news that Kratos, Drake, and Raiden are getting nerfed. Which isn't exactly bad, since Kratos and Raiden  needed a nerf. But who's next? When enough people lose online to the same character, they're going to complain until that character gets nerfed and that will kill this game.

Watch Fat Princess get nerfed next because 200 twelve year olds complain online because they got comboed into a level 1 by FP one too many times.

(And for the record, that '200 twelve year olds' thing isn't directed towards anyone on this forum or any other forum for that matter.)

Message 1 of 14 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1746 posts

Re: I'm a bit worried about nerfing..

Jan 13, 2013
Well... Sackboy needed it. I know a tremendous Sackboy post-nerf and he's not underpowered at all. And FP does need a nerf... Her ability to set up confirm combos is insane.

How about we just wait and see what happens. So far, only one nerf has happened. And the outcome has been perfectly fine. It didn't destroy Sackboy. All it did was open up his game more. I see good Sackboys doing some great combos and zoning without cake spam. I think Superbot knows what they're doing when it comes to nerfs.
Message 2 of 14 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
615 posts

Jan 13, 2013
FP doesn't need a nerf. She can't confirm you if you're in the air.

Also, there are still more characters that are in need of nerfing in some way.

Coles, Toro exploits, etc.
Message 3 of 14 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1746 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 13, 2013

FP: air nS. Now you're on the ground. She uses her great wake-up game to confirm you into submission.

Message 4 of 14 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
615 posts

Jan 13, 2013
Hold block while getting up.

What's she gonna do now?
Message 5 of 14 (249 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1268 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 13, 2013

They just want superbot to go nerf happy because they lost to a character that they claim to be trash and underpowered.

And that's my 2 cents.

Message 6 of 14 (231 Views)
Splicer
31 posts

Jan 13, 2013

Superbot can, and will, always do whatever they want to do,community be damned.  They only nerfed Sackboy because they themselves did not like what he was doing, and there were reports that they wanted to nerf him before the game shipped.  Kratos has been getting constant complaints since the beta, and they have yet to do squat about him.  Even though they said after the beta they would, "look into it".  Just like they are saying now.  Don't be surprised if he gets no nerfs at all, gets nerfed to the ground, or gets buffed even.

So don't worry, all our complaints mean nothing at the end of the day.  They will do what they want to do.

www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Rudrose.png[/img]">
Message 7 of 14 (224 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1079 posts

Jan 13, 2013
No need to worry. Im sure after these 3 their going to start buffing people who need it. (Sly might get nerfed soon though.)
all stars photo psasbr2_zpsc1059804.png

My raiden over all your mains.
#PSASBR2
Message 8 of 14 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Jan 13, 2013
Well Superbot themselves said that they test these things out on their own time which is good because ya know it shows that they're willing to test these things out before deciding these things need balancing, it's the same thing as whenever we come across some crazy glitch that seems too good to be true and we want to test it out to try it for ourselves.
Message 9 of 14 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
18884 posts

Jan 13, 2013

I'm sure we'll see some character balancing sometime in the not-too-distant future. I'm also sure we'll see lots of complaints about how or what they did to balance the characters. 

What I'm most worried about is if Superbot doesn't do the balancing intelligently, or perpetually adjusts the characters to grease the squeaky wheel.

Message 10 of 14 (187 Views)
0 Likes