Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Re: I'm Not Sure If Anyone Else Realizes This But...

Aug 17, 2012

There needs to be. If not this generation, then the next one. Sucker Punch has got to be working on SOMETHING.

Message 21 of 25 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
846 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 17, 2012

The most agonising thing about inFamous's apparent demise is the huge potential it had. To die when it finally became GotY worthy is a shame. I hope it is falsely reported dead.

I actually wrote a draft of what inFamous 3 could be story wise.

"Spoilers for both games from now on.

------------------------------------

So inFamous 2 ended with a good and an evil choice.

The good choice was to kill every Conduit (superhero) on the planet in order to destroy a radioactive plague, including all Conduit main characters.

However, at the end, after a tear jerking speech from Zeke, lightning strikes. Literally.

Roll credits. Many people are speculating that this lightning bolt may have revived Cole. The fact it is shaped like a question mark.

In the evil ending, something completely different happens. Cole joins up with the Beast and Kuo to awaken all Conduits, killing all normal people in the process. Nix does not agree, and Cole is forced to kill her.

Finally Zeke, the main human character of the series steps up in front of Cole. He has no chance of winning the fight, but he'll be killed anyway if he doesn't. In one last reminder of what a **bleep** evil Cole is, he must zap Zeke to death, as he struggles to fight back. Probably the worst thing I've ever done in a game.

But then the Beast gives the news. He can't go on. He is tired of all the killing. Cole is obviously angry. But here's the deal. The Beast can transfer his powers into Cole. Cole destroys New Marais and starts a following of Conduits. Fighting against the governments of mankind, Cole slowly but surely travels over the world, awakening all Conduits and destroying humanity.

Cole has become the Beast.

--------------------------------------

So you see the divide between endings. How could they possibly come together for the third game? The first games endings were near identical, apart from the evil black lightning, that was retconned from the second game.

But I came up with an idea. To bring the two endings together is obvious. Daggerfall it. Both endings happened.

Not literally at once, but in two different universes. Kessler in the first game proved that interdiemensional time travel is completely possible.

So here's what happens. Good Cole is dead, but when the lightning strikes Cole's boat, he is resurrected and activates the power Kessler used and the entire boat, Zeke and all, is transported to another dimension: Evil Cole's dimension. 

Evil Cole, who is now leader of a huge cult of Conduits covering most of the States (he is winning against humanity but it is a large task), will not be happy about himself turning up, and this fake living Zeke. Nix will not be there as she died in both endings. This sets up a "Man vs Self" conflict that is so popular in video games.

Ways this could work:

* You pick which Cole to start off as. The other will be antagonist. Karma will still shift as normal, but the other will shift too. For example, if you start as Evil Cole, and become good, Good Cole will become Evil.

* The story switches between the two Coles. For example, you start off as Good Cole for the arrival, then to Evil Cole for the next part, etc, etc. The reverse karma shifting from before is still in effect.

* The story revolves around Good Cole vs Bad Cole, but you play as neither. You play as a new protagonist Conduit who must choose who he (or she) wishes to align with. The reverse karma is not necessary.

I like this as it brings the whole thing together nicely, possibly for the last in this chapter of the series. Cole has proved himself to be the strongest of the Conduits, so who could he possibly be matched with, apart from himself? This is also similar to the whole Kuo/Nix choice in inFamous 2. There is sure to be plenty of references to Kessler and who is more like them.

I personally prefer the whole new protagonist angle, as it closes Cole's story, and gives way to a new character. They could even take it to the next level and make the new protagonist customisable, like how Bioware lets us change the gender and features of the protagonist, whilst keeping the same voice actor (IE Commander Shepard from Mass Effect, Hawke from Dragon Age II). It would be great if this new protagonist was able to sample powers from other characters, starting with Cole's lightning and Kuo's ice and from all sorts of new Conduit characters. He could do this via good methods (Peter Petrelli-esque) or evil (Sylar - forcing powers off people). This also augments the karma choices from the previous games that were lacking as they never really mattered (minus the Kuo/Nix or Ending choices of 2)."

Please tell me what you guys think.

Message 22 of 25 (35 Views)
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Aug 17, 2012
Woah, this is just awesome. Send this to Sucker Punch now. It's so obviously inFamous. I don't think any other game could pull this off. Kudos to you good sir.
Message 23 of 25 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2590 posts

Aug 17, 2012

yeah I though of that, that is cool.

http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
Message 24 of 25 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
644 posts

Aug 17, 2012
U eah in famous 2 was 2 com
Message 25 of 25 (24 Views)
0 Likes